• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (h) - Sat - 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, lack of cover at RB has only been an issue for about 4 seasons now... so can't expect too much.

EDIT: no, we did manage to sign a teenage fullback with an undiagnosed medical issue, so egg on my face!

Given our luck, we are going to need a real-life Dr. House to diagnose that kids condition, isn't it?

Last edited:
Is anyone else remotely worried we're too messed up right now to get even a point?
My heart says "no way Wiz, it's the #20 team for the season"
But my head is saying, "VvD isn't the same player he was - something is off. Robbo is off. TAA is still on vacation working on his muscles. Fabinho can't string 20 good minutes in a row, let alone a good game. Hendo is not the same player. Salah won't be played centrally. Bobby will start and he's finished (Sorry Sean) and Diaz is great but can't give us the goal threat we once had from the left flank to accommodate the lack of goals from the #9 spot. Pray for a point."
Moron !!! How the hell did you get into LTW's account?!

Is anyone else remotely worried we're too messed up right now to get even a point?
But my head is saying, "VvD isn't the same player he was - something is off. Robbo is off. TAA is still on vacation working on his muscles. Fabinho can't string 20 good minutes in a row, let alone a good game. Hendo is not the same player. Salah won't be played centrally. Bobby will start and he's finished (Sorry Sean) and Diaz is great but can't give us the goal threat we once had from the left flank to accommodate the lack of goals from the #9 spot. Pray for a point."
I'm confident we'll win. Bournemouth are shite and guaranteed to be relegated. Things are bad but they're not that desperate.

He’s gonna stick with 433 and I think he’s right. I get it if the system doesn’t work with the players we have after a long trial. But it does. I get changing it while we have a few injuries, but then players will make mistakes adapting to a new system which could cost us and then have to adapt back to 433. If the injuries are all long term, then maybe, but Nunez will be back soon, which will be huge.

We aren't going to change from 4-3-3, that would be a genuine sign of panic and Klopp seemed to be totally unbothered after the Utd game

‐‐‐---------------- Ali
TAA - Gomez ---VvD - Robbo
---Hendo -- Fabs -- Elliot
Salah --- Carvalho --- Diaz

We aren't going to change from 4-3-3, that would be a genuine sign of panic and Klopp seemed to be totally unbothered after the Utd game

‐‐‐---------------- Ali
TAA - Gomez ---VvD - Robbo
---Hendo -- Fabs -- Elliot
Salah --- Carvalho --- Diaz

There’s zero chance he’ll change formation and would anyone be surprised if he uses the same side that started at UTD? These players will have something to prove after the first 3 games and we will murder Bournemouth no matter who plays. We will see the liverpool of old on Saturday.

[article]
Can Carvalho liven up Liverpool?

A visit from newly promoted Bournemouth, fresh from 4-0 and 3-0 losses to Manchester City and Arsenal respectively, is on the surface an ideal opportunity for Liverpool to finally kickstart their Premier League campaign. But something must change in response to the insipid defeat at Manchester United. It is unlikely to be found in terms of personnel, with the treatment room still busy and Darwin Núñez suspended, but as well as demanding more intensity throughout the team and concentration from his defenders, Jürgen Klopp may consider a departure from his trusted 4-3-3 formation. The Liverpool manager spoke of having greater variety in attack after signing Núñez and Fábio Carvalho this summer, and could put that theory to the test even with the Uruguay international serving part two of a three-match ban. Carvalho is 19 with only three substitute appearances to his name in the Premier League but lifted Liverpool’s entire performance level with his late cameo at Old Trafford. A fresh option for the fresh start that Klopp urgently requires

[/article]

This week’s comment from things to look out for this weekend.

Its a Saturday 3pm kick off meaning most of us have no easy way of watching therefore we'll romp home with ease, saving the next shit show for national television.

Get the idea of lifting #20 out of the way, we have way too many injuries. even to maintain shape and balance. We need players that aren't in contract entanglements with a club, or wait till next summer so the earliest we can now get someone is Jan now.

Had a ticket in the grasp of my hand for this then stupidly when to check what other seats were available and lost what I had.

Can't believe this.

Now I have to wait for the queue to finish for the Newcastle game before I can re-register.

Fucking dogs bollocks & piss.

So according to Klopp, no injury updates for this but Matip, Jones and Thiago could be back for Newcastle. Then Jota & Kelleher next. No mention of Keita whatsoever

So…. I get back to my hotel after skelping 15 or so different beers, to find this outside….

upload_2022-8-26_23-15-16.jpeg

I can do no more… I will away too meditate and imbue all with my majestic power!!!

JURGEN…. I’M AT THE BAR!!!! COME HAVE A BEER WITH ME!!!

Breakfast is going to be great fun…..

Brought to you by Liverpool FC, Dead Crafty Beer Co and the Mersey Kebab Shop….

Alisson

Trent
Gomez
VVD
Tsimikas

Fabinho
Elliott
Henderson

Salah
Carvalho
Diaz
Sounds about right. A game we should win by a3 or 4 but will struggle I feel. Will probably go along the lines of the Palace game. Dominate early, create chances but don't take them and go off the boil and let them back in to the game.
Will say a 2-1 win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom