• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match CL final vs Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both City and Roma dominated us for the first 20 mins but didn't convert the chances they created, Roma especially.

If Real do the same we'll fall behind.

Hopefully the game won't start that way and we'll dominate from the off.

5-3. 5-0 HT

Both City and Roma dominated us for the first 20 mins but didn't convert the chances they created, Roma especially.

5-3. 5-0 HT
Woah woah ‘Hopefully’?
Im driving to Liverpool on the back of your CERTAINTY we are winning.
I dont want hopefully motherfucker

I put a bet on 5-3 to us the other day.

As I think I said on here. Bex asked Luke what score he though it'd be yesterday, he thought for a second then said "we'll win 5-3".

I'd told her, but not him, about my bet.

I'm taking that as a good omen.

5-3. 5-0 HT

Fucks sake Dreamie!!!

Sort that shit out now.

There is far too much overconfidence from you lot.
We lost to two of the relegated teams this year. Its scaring me how everyone is all chill.

Im building loadies

We beat City - a better team than this Real one - home and away in this comp.

I get Real are no fucking mugs, and their last 3-4 years in this comp suggests they're rightly favourites, but we've no need to fear. We can truly beat anyone - including this Real side.

Whether we do or not is another matter. The first goal on Saturday dictates the entire game. We get it, and we could end up getting 3 or 4. They get it, and we're just about fucked.

Last edited:
Game could be make or break down Marcelo's side. I'm sure Madrid will target Trent and he is often left without sufficient cover. He will have a tough game with Marcelo bombing forward. It will also allow us get in behind Madrid on that side. Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunities for us to win back possession which will leave Marcelo exposed high up the pitch so we can exploit his side. Mane and Frimino then running from left to right to drag defenders with them. We need to take our chances when we do get them because there is no way Madrid aren't scoring at least one. I have a feeling Mane could be main man for us. Yeah, he'll miss a few chances but I fancy him to score at some stage and exploit space left behind by Marcelo. #Marcelobration

Too much focus on Marcelo as a strength/weakness for me. He's the natural go-to when assessing opportunities for both sides because of his threat going forward, and the gaps he leaves at the back - but there are other areas that are of more importance.

Real can be got at in front of the back four - especially if they continue to leave Casemiro out. We'll win if Mane and Firmino get space from drifting into it - not staying there exactly, I'd leave it open and move into it to receive as opposed to waiting for it in there. Then play the quick release either through to Salah or out wide to Robertson.

For me, the key is Robertson - he's the attacking outlet that could end up with the most space out of anyone. Contrary to thought - Madrid's back four do play quite narrow - even when Marcelo is defending, and they'll get drawn in-field to ty and tie block space in the hole to deny Firmino, etc - but they do leave gaps wide outside the full-back.

If Robertson times his runs right, and we free him early - we'll get goals through that area.

The first goal on Saturday dictates the entire game. We get it, and we could end up getting 3 or 4. They get it, and we're just about fucked.

Totally agree. If we go behind I don't see us getting it back. But it could be a day at the races if we score first.

Can is training.... I say do not even include him as he had not play any game since March?

Can is training.... I say do not even include him as he had not play any game since March?

We're not exactly spoiled for choice are we?

We must have the thinnest squad of any CL finalist ever...

Well who would you have on the bench in preference then ? I'd rather include him that be petty-minded and end up possibly costing us the title. If Klopp is including him then you can be sure he's fit enough to play 30-40 mins.

This is about the best bench we can muster (still piss-weak) especially in the event of an early injury or tiring midfielder : Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno (though I'd have Woodburn), Can, Lallana, Ings. Can being on the bench may cost ings or Solanke his slot.

Well who would you have on the bench in preference then ? I'd rather include him that be petty-minded and end up possibly costing us the title. If Klopp is including him then you can be sure he's fit enough to play 30-40 mins.

This is about the best bench we can muster (still piss-weak) especially in the event of an early injury or tiring midfielder : Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno (though I'd have Woodburn), Can, Lallana, Ings. Can being on the bench may cost ings or Solanke his slot.
I agree totally athough our midfield shouldnt be tired. Milner hasnt played in about 3 weeks and Wijnaldum and Henderson a fortnight.
Injury obv we cant take

I cannot think about anything else other than Kiev. I’m at a team conference in Gateshead of all places today. I know I’ll just drift through it thinking about the game. I’ll bore all the manc/spurs/bluenose whoever about it. And I just don’t care.

I cannot think about anything else other than Kiev. I’m at a team conference in Gateshead of all places today. I know I’ll just drift through it thinking about the game. I’ll bore all the manc/spurs/bluenose whoever about it. And I just don’t care.
Same. How the fuck am I to get through this week.

Same. How the fuck am I to get through this week.

Ah. This is the week that should never end.... all boring things this week will fly by easy cause of I'l be thinking about the game. And I am going to a nice concert wednesday.... Best week ever!!

Im guessing some Norviege death metal!!

Well for a nation not producing any decent footballers, hence never make it to any world cups or Euros, it feels quite Nice to produce the best Death Metal bands in the world…. But this time just a Rock band. One of those legendary local bands, which through their Norwegian lyrics never tried abroad. Still a Nice "distraction" this week.

We beat City - a better team than this Real one - home and away in this comp.

I get Real are no fucking mugs, and their last 3-4 years in this comp suggests they're rightly favourites, but we've no need to fear. We can truly beat anyone - including this Real side.

Whether we do or not is another matter. The first goal on Saturday dictates the entire game. We get it, and we could end up getting 3 or 4. They get it, and we're just about fucked.

Why would we be fucked if we go behind ? We went behind against city but manages to win...but they did need to attack. The question is can and do Madrid defend like a Chelsea or Man United...if so then we are fucked. If not then there is every chance we can make a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom