• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match CL final vs Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we be fucked if we go behind ? We went behind against city but manages to win...but they did need to attack. The question is can and do Madrid defend like a Chelsea or Man United...if so then we are fucked. If not then there is every chance we can make a comeback.

As long as we start at 0-0 each goal is extremely deciding. City going Ahead and we turning it is also Down to they needed more goals.

Not sure what Madrid can do defensively. They have 11 very good individuals out there at any time. If needed they will at least kill the pace of the game by going Down, rolling around, fake injuries etc. So destroying the rythm is also an efficient way to kill the game.

As I mostly watch Liverpool and not too much other footie I don't have the full overview of Madrid. But looking at their campaign 2 years ago they managed to beat City 1-0 on agg after going up 1-0 quite early in second leg. Tehn they needed to avoid an away goal from City and managed that. In the final they was also up 1-0 early, but Atletico came back to equalize late in the game. But that all suggest that they are not wide open at the back?

It’s almost time for that Al Pacino scene before the final in Any Given Sunday...

I think Real will play like they did against BM, get men behind the ball and concede possession and try to hit us on the counter. I am not confident of a win, and if we do lose it won't be such a downer but if we win I'll be on such a high.

In the 2nd leg they did because they were defending a narrow lead so they didnt need to come out and attack. in the first leg the committed plenty of people forward, played a very high line and repeatedly let Bayern in behind creating chance after chance. I still dont know how Bayern lost that game.

Can and Lallana training with the first team today.

Would anybody consider playing Can now that his move to Juve is confirmed. Would you be tempted to let him go out on a high or is it too big a gamble on his mental state now that hes halfway out the door?

Can shouldnt be anywhere near the team. I can accept that we need him on the bench, but nothing else.

Would anybody consider playing Can now that his move to Juve is confirmed. Would you be tempted to let him go out on a high or is it too big a gamble on his mental state now that hes halfway out the door?

Do you think he will want the CL winners medal less just because he moves Clubs in the summer?

With or without his move I don't think he merits a place in the starting 11. The team picks itself but we'll be stronger for having him on the bench.

Do you think he will want the CL winners medal less just because he moves Clubs in the summer?

Not at all, but I'm more concerned about where his heads been at for the last month. If hed signed a new deal it would be a momentum boost for him in terms of the club going into the final, knowing hes playing his last game seems to have the opposite effect for me, maybe over analysing it but given the value Klopp places on team unity I cant help feel this will factor in his thinking.

"There isn't any sensation of fear in Madrid about Liverpool—among the directors, among the players," says Diego Torres, a journalist with El Pais.

"They're relaxed in Real Madrid before this final. They've never been so calm and confident in the club before a final than now. This final is the easiest final they have in front of them, all of them — Florentino Perez, the captains. Everyone."

"Liverpool will be crushed by Real Madrid's legend," Julian Ruiz wrote in El Mundo.

"They believe they are the kings of Europe—for Real Madrid, it certainly plays a part in their self-belief, in believing their own hype." says Phil Kitromilides, who works as a presenter for Real Madrid TV.

Tomas Roncero, a journalist with Diario AS says. "The other day they did a study and the Real Madrid squad has 46 Champions League-winning medals; Liverpool don't have a player who has won the Champions League."

When assessing Liverpool's mindset, critics in Madrid see a team with a soft underbelly, says the English broadcaster Kitromilides: "Liverpool are viewed as being a bit fragile mentally. If they were a boxer, they might have a glass chin. They can be got at. If it gets tough, they don't necessarily find a way to grind out results and hold on, like Real Madrid do. Even if Liverpool take the lead, Real Madrid won't be too terrified because of their strength mentally and Liverpool's perceived weaknesses."

When pundits in Madrid consider the squad at Jurgen Klopp's disposal, however, they see it is riddled with flaws. Apart from the vaunted attacking front three—Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane—it smells of mediocrity. It's a team made up of more artisans than artists.

"Liverpool probably is not even among the top 10 teams in Europe," says Torres, "because it doesn't have a good goalkeeper. It doesn't have a good defence. It only has one international-class defender—Virgil van Dijk. Its full-backs are very limited. Maybe they're strong, fast; they're able to do OK in the English Premier League, but none of them signed for Chelsea or Manchester City or Manchester United because they don't have the level to play for those teams. The full-backs for Tottenham Hotspur are much better than Liverpool's."

"Liverpool's midfield has players who are also forceful, disciplined, self-sacrificing. They know their profession. They are tradesmen. Footballers like Jordan Henderson and James Milner are footballers that lack creativity. There are other British teams with better midfielders. Liverpool doesn't have a player like Pogba, nor Gundogan, nor De Bruyne nor David Silva, nor Dele Alli in the centre of their midfield. Liverpool is missing footballers in this part of the pitch with ingenuity."

"If Klopp's his team doesn't attack like crazy, they're lost. They're dead because they don't have players who can defend a lead. They don't have a competent defence. They don't have a midfield that can dictate the rhythm of a game. This is the reason they attack like crazy."

I do love that quote.

tyson.jpg

Del Bosque: “I can't find a Liverpool player that could replace a Real Madrid one. Real Madrid will beat Liverpool 4-1."

Not at all, but I'm more concerned about where his heads been at for the last month. If hed signed a new deal it would be a momentum boost for him in terms of the club going into the final, knowing hes playing his last game seems to have the opposite effect for me, maybe over analysing it but given the value Klopp places on team unity I cant help feel this will factor in his thinking.
Imagine you are Can. Your future is sorted and you are sitting on the bench for the greatest club match in football. Watching, hoping and praying Liverpool can win. And then you get the call to go on ... do you think you will be thinking about ANYTHING except what you have to do ?

As Froggy says, even if Can is leaving, there is nothing he'll want more than to stamp his authority on the game and leave with a winners medal.

I’d be happy for Can to come off the bench to punch Ronando in the throat and then boot Ramos in the face.

Well for a nation not producing any decent footballers, hence never make it to any world cups or Euros, it feels quite Nice to produce the best Death Metal bands in the world…. But this time just a Rock band. One of those legendary local bands, which through their Norwegian lyrics never tried abroad. Still a Nice "distraction" this week.

A-ha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom