• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man Utd (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? Konate is rapid.
He's rapid over big distances but unlike Gomez, it does take him longer to get into top gear.

Anyways, I'm not so worried about him.

I'm more worried about the paper midfield. We saw what happened against Madrid when we played these 3.

Henderson is much better at helping out Trent on the right. And he's not as defensively aware/astute/technical as Fabinho in DM.

Hendo had better be instructed to tuck in and support more than we've seen this season so far.
Hendo is replacing Fabs. FFS Fabs what a time to pick up a knock.

I actually like the Konate pick, faster, a better passer to the wings (VvD-esque) and better in the air than Matip.

Millie will be on the right to help out Trent and Keita left to work with Robbo and Jota.

But Fabs ! Fuck, fuck, fuck !

I know we haven't quite hit desperations stakes but I would consider using Matip as a holding mid on days like these.
He played a lot of games in that role in Germany.
We should at least train with that scenario just in case.
My worry there would be mobility and pace.

Gonna miss the game sorry lads. The only big ones I missed were Chelsea and city so far. Score draw incoming

Not sure really. It doesn't sound unreasonable but Keita was ace in Germany and struggles here. Not sure playing a few games in midfield in Germany is good prep for a game like this.

He played more than a few games there. It was his original position - his switch to CB came a bit later. That said, though I think the count has a point on this, I'd want it properly prepared.

He's rapid over big distances but unlike Gomez, it does take him longer to get into top gear.

Anyways, I'm not so worried about him.

I'm more worried about the paper midfield. We saw what happened against Madrid when we played these 3.

Henderson is much better at helping out Trent on the right. And he's not as defensively aware/astute/technical as Fabinho in DM.
Yep been saying how thin we are in midfield, fucking shit this. Konate to get sent off in first 10 mins.

Sky interviewing ronaldo: people are saying you're shit, what do you say to the criticism?
Sky interviewing salah: how does it feel being the best player in the world?

Fucking doomed.

My worry there would be mobility and pace.
I get that but I don't think he is any less mobile than Fabs.
A holding mid needs to be able to read the game and that is one of Joel's strengths in my opinion,
With five quality centre halves and hardly the requisite number of fit midfielders currently, it feels almost inevitable that he will end up there at some stage this season.
I'd like to think it is at least been tried in training.

Konate again with a poor attempt at a challenge and United carve us open for a chance that Fernandes should have done better with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom