• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Man Utd (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start with Nabby but ordering him to put much more effort into his defensive duties. He skives when we lose possession. Jones on if Nabby doesn't pull his weight. Bobby up front with Jota on the bench.

Not the usual high line, drop off a bit deeper. Pulling them on to us to hit them on the counter. Mo's on fire so they will try to nail him early on. We have to start with an urgency. If we can nick one in the first 15-20 their crowd will start whinging.Ole had a pop at them over the Atalanta game, mistake, fans don't like being lectured.

I sense nervousness in their camp. Pressure on Ole less than 10 games in. All is not well in Mancheater.

I actually thought about it - I think it would make sense. Individually Matip has been brilliant, but as a unit our defense had some issues lately and one of the issues is that we rely on VVD’s pace all the time in the high line. Going with Gomez will add another quick option alongside VVD who will be able to cover a lot of space and help when Trent is caught out of position.

Unless he is injuried why not play Konate then?

Bruno Fernandes, Fred and Marcus Rashford each sustained issues during that game, and Anthony Martial’s fitness must also be checked ahead of Liverpool’s visit after he returned to training.
Summer arrival Raphael Varane has been out since the international fixtures earlier this month.
“I’m not going to rule anyone out from Sunday but I’m not sure if everyone’s going to be fit,” said United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on Friday. “Anthony is still working on his fitness, hopefully he’s come through today and let’s see how he is tomorrow.
“We have two or three with knocks but I hope I can pick from a fit squad. Bruno might be a doubt but he’s doing everything he can to be fit. I can’t say if Fred will be fit or not. We might have the whole squad fit but may miss two or three. We’ll see.”

They're all going to be fit aren't they? Cunts.

What a crock of shite. 'Doing everything he can to be fit' between Thursday and Sunday, what does that involve, gypsy magic, horse placenta, caffeine suppositories? He's fine, he will play this is just a feint.

On the plus side Klopp is oblivious to the team he plays against and wouldn't change his line up anyway.So the last minute 'masterstroke' by Ole of announcing all these guys are actually fit won't make any difference.

I’d love an absolute pasting of them to truly show this season is a 3 horse race. 5-0 after Chelsea bummed Norwich. Open a 7 point gap from Ronaldo and co and put them in there place.

Sadly this has got 1-1 written all over it.

This is quite a Sunday for football...

super-sunday.jpg

They’re all going to be fit…except Fred just to really try get under our skin.

JK is taking no notice of this crap. He's not some naive newbie. He's not going to prepare the team based on Ole's waffle. He'll prepare and pick the side that can beat any side United put out. All things being equal it will depend on which tean performs the best on the day. Unless the Ref and VAR does their worst.

Regardless it will be a hard game, obviously I'm backing us to win 1-3.

The thing is, we all know that we're a better team, and our pressing and general organisation should mean we are on top for much of the game. On the negative side, we haven't exactly been watertight at the back, and even when playing shite, Utd pose a massive goal threat. It's one where they could easily get a spawny win or draw against the run of play. This fixture gives me the shits.

The thing is, we all know that we're a better team, and our pressing and general organisation should mean we are on top for much of the game. On the negative side, we haven't exactly been watertight at the back, and even when playing shite, Utd pose a massive goal threat. It's one where they could easily get a spawny win or draw against the run of play. This fixture gives me the shits.

Agreed. Rashford against our high defensive line gives me the shits.

In Manchester United's last league match, a 4-2 defeat at Leicester, they were outrun by the Foxes by a significant margin, with 110km of distance covered compared to 105km.

When pundits talk about 'winning your battles', we can put a figure on it by duels won. This is a measure of which team won the 50-50 contests during a match. Last Saturday was a good example of this; United's duels-won figure went from 46% in the first half to 37% in the second. Leicester came out on top in the second half by winning nearly two-thirds of the duels, making their dominance count with three goals in the final 15 minutes to win the game.

What's worrying for United is this is no one-off. United have the joint lowest duels-won figure in the league this season, with 47% from their eight matches so far.

That's where we win it. And maybe that means Firmino and Milner and not Jones and Jota.

Goal records in the PL this season :

United 16 : 10
Liverpool 22 : 6

I think our defensive susceptibility is being overblown somewhat whilst theirs is being under-stated in comparison. I'm going 1-3 but would of course be happy with any win !

Ronaldo has been getting a lot of stick recently, I fear that will only encourage him.

The "stick" is mostly related to his lack of press. He hasn't got the legs for it. Great player obviously but his legs are 1121 games old. He has scored 6 out of 8 this time around at United. It's a tribute to him that he is still a threat in this league. He'll go quiet for long periods but can spark into turbo drive at any time. Can't disregard him while he's on the pitch.

I think we will lose this game, just watch that shitty midfield of ours come out sleepy and TAA showing why he is never first choice for England as he gets targeted and bypassed. 3-1 to the mancs today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom