• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (a) - Sun 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez played for Benfica so I guess he heard some Portuguese there. And Portuguese and Spanish are quite similar anyway.
OK - what am I missing, or are you all just (pre) whooshing me?

Ali is from Brazil, Nunez from Portugal - in both those countries they speak Portuguese

Good morning Reds! What a lovely Monday! :)

F4joZdfXkAA4gPC

lol what? Earned a start? He scored in pre season, looked sharp and got literally a handful of minutes in both games. Wasn’t given a chance to earn his spot.

He was given the chance the management decided he deserved at the time, and they're a sod of a lot closer to it all than any of us randoms on here.

He was given the chance the management decided he deserved at the time, and they're a sod of a lot closer to it all than any of us randoms on here.
Not sure how he could have done anymore in pre season. He deserved to come on earlier in the first two games.

I picked Gakpo because I think we need a little pace and height up front. Nunez would be my second option.
Schär and Botman aren't exactly the scariest CB's in the world. Good in the air, but not the quickest.

I hope they play with a high press, might give us more chances to run at their defenders.
wrong about Gakpo, right about their defence...

Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool: Key stats

Newcastle 1-2 Liverpool
  • Darwin Nunez’s second goal was the 42nd 90th-minute winner that Liverpool have scored in the Premier League, the most by any team in the competition’s history.
  • Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has now overseen 11 consecutive Premier League wins against Eddie Howe. It is the longest winning run in the competition by any manager against a specific opposing manager.
  • This is the first time Newcastle have lost a Premier League home game under Eddie Howe in which they scored first (W17 D5 beforehand). The Magpies had won 16 of the previous 17 games when opening the scoring coming into today.
  • Liverpool’s Virgil van Dijk was sent off in the Premier League for just the second time in 231 appearances, while the Reds have had a player sent off in consecutive league games for the first time since March-April 2015 (v Manchester United and Arsenal).

I do wonder how far Howe can take them. His subs changed the game for them, as they started to cede more and more control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom