• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (h) - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Fabio's start, and Elliot's performance, made me wonder have we held onto Jones for too long. Both Fabio and Elliot went down a level to find regular football and came back challenging for positions in the first team. Meanwhile Jones is no better than he was 2-3 seasons ago. Perhaps we might have been better served if he had gone somewhere on loan as well.
Jones is probably one of the most technically gifted midfielders in the league. He does not need a fucking loan or be sold. He needs a bit of game time to get that form he had when he was our best midfielder during the pandemic season of no defenders.

Jones is probably one of the most technically gifted midfielders in the league. He does not need a fucking loan or be sold. He needs a bit of game time to get that form he had when he was our best midfielder during the pandemic season of no defenders.
Lol I now see why you called yourself moron :):):)

Jokes aside. He’s a tidy player with no great attributes and is a ball hogger. Doesn’t seem relatively quick. Not dominating. I just don’t know what he is.

I don't see it. He's not awful but he's not at our level. Whether he has the ability to get there, I don't know. But he sure hasn't shown it on the pitch. Slow of mind, ponderous on the ball, stops things from happening. He's leagues behind both Harvey and Fabio in terms of cutting it here.

I don't see it. He's not awful but he's not at our level. Whether he has the ability to get there, I don't know. But he sure hasn't shown it on the pitch. Slow of mind, ponderous on the ball, stops things from happening. He's leagues behind both Harvey and Fabio in terms of cutting it here.
The only thing he's got on Harvey and Fabs II is size.

Ok - from memory of that dreadful no defence season watch the following games:

1) Us at home against Man City - before he was taken off.
2) Us against Leicester - before he was taken off
3) West Ham away when he was bought on in place of Milner

Just the 3 above of the games he played - the first two we lost, but only after he was taken off, in fact while he was on - the opposition were pushed back into their half because we had a guy that could take them on man for man and move us progressively forward. His form did dip last season, but I think he has trouble following Klopp's instructions especially when he asks him to be a Gini type player which he will not be able to do with his ability on the ball - I don't blame him for that - because the kid believes in himself. But we need to find a way to use him.

Sorry - just add, when he plays - I get really excited when he has the ball more than any other midfielder in our squad.

Last edited:
Jokes aside. He’s a tidy player with no great attributes and is a ball hogger. Doesn’t seem relatively quick. Not dominating. I just don’t know what he is.
I assume you are taking about Jones. I just don't rate him. He's OK, good for the cups but he thinks he's a way better player than he is. Hasn't progressed at all in the last 2 years, hasn't even ever come close to any of the preformances of Elliott, even carvalho has shown more in his brief time here than Jones has

So hang on - Jones is the answer because he has difficuly following Klopps instruction????

I like Jones, but hat has to be the worst argument in his favour that I have heard

We will be letting 80m worth of value in Ox and Keita leave the club for nothing just because we dragged our feet when they are blatantly not good enough. Jones was ok when he was in the promising talent bracket. But we now have Harvey and Fabio for that. For the number of years we have kept him here, he should have progressed to the main midfield bracket but he is not even close.

That's 3 players who should be replacing our mainstay in midfield but not one of them are good enough. That's why we find ourselves in the current situation.

If Jones just passed the ball forward the moment he beat his man, that would be a huge improvement

We will be letting 80m worth of value in Ox and Keita leave the club for nothing just because we dragged our feet when they are blatantly not good enough. Jones was ok when he was in the promising talent bracket. But we now have Harvey and Fabio for that. For the number of years we have kept him here, he should have progressed to the main midfield bracket but he is not even close.

That's 3 players who should be replacing our mainstay in midfield but not one of them are good enough. That's why we find ourselves in the current situation.
We could lose both of them next summer and get Tielmans plus Luiz in for the same cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom