• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Newcastle (h) - Wed 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot was really good, as was Fabio when he came on. It's great to have some wonderkids on the pitch, with their passion and their drive. Diaz is another one who brings that eagerness and explosiveness. It seems that's what we do not have enough of recently, our experienced players seems too cool for it.

Bobby did well too, despite recent criticism. He set up the chance for Diaz and he scored a good goal. Some nice layoffs too. So maybe there's a bit of life in the old dog yet.

But you're right about those three, ideally by the end of the season we want those three to be regular starters together.

Last edited:
I loath to mention the Womens euro final as I think the Lionesses were worthy winners, but watching Newcastle reminded me of the last 7 minutes or so of that match.

I have no evidence for this (obviously) but can't help but feel TAA has started to buy into his own hype a little too much.

You kind of get that feeling watching his play and demeanor.
Hopefully someone can give him a reality check.

I loath to mention the Womens euro final as I think the Lionesses were worthy winners, but watching Newcastle reminded me of the last 7 minutes or so of that match.
Ah not at all. There wasn't any injury shenanigans or overt time-wasting ... they played that 7 mins beautifully, skilfully keeping the ball in play until Germany put it out, time and time again. No comparison to Newcastle's play acting yesterday.

This could descend in to a tedious "he's not 28 until his 28th birthday" "no he's in his 28th year from his 27th birthday" arsenal style shenanigans

That's the way the Greeks do it, I think. You're one when you're born i.e. in your first year. They're always ahead of themselves there though.

@Spionkop69 write up

This is a public service announcement for all football fans (especially Newcastle fans) need to understand the following. “There will be a MINIMUM of x added mins”.
That means if your players carry on their shithousery of fake cramp, fake injuries and time wasting, the referee will add on more time to the X minutes already announced.
Pope spent most of the game falling to the floor after taking easy catches, to waste time. He also did it in added on time. Joelinton went down at the slightest contact throughout the game and stayed down. He started getting “cramp” from the about the 60th minute. There was one occasion where he went down clutching himself and writhing around in “agony” but when the ref let play continue he jumped up, quick as a flash and sprinted Usain Bolt style after the Liverpool player in possession.
Am I saying that Liverpool have never done this? No, of course not, but I wouldn’t have the temerity to moan if that meant we conceded a goal late on in added time.
Did Liverpool deserve to win over the full game? Not in my opinion, Newcastle worked hard, showed attacking intent, got their goal and then were resolute in their defending and always looked a threat even after we equalised.
This is a different Newcastle side to ones we’ve seen before. If they continue they’re definitely top 6 contenders.
Having said all that, it’s goals that win points and we got 2 and they got 1.
If Pope and Joelinton hadn’t continued their gamesmanship in added time, the ref wouldn’t have added the further time on.
Play silly games, win stupid prizes.

In regards to the tears and fume over us scoring in the 98th minute.

So in other words, the ball was out of play for 18 minutes in the 2nd half and we get 5 mins of added time.
Shows what an absolute joke that is. But 2 mins and 30 secs during stoppage time just shows that Marriner actually did something right by letting us play to the 98th minute.

In regards to the tears and fume over us scoring in the 98th minute.

So in other words, the ball was out of play for 18 minutes in the 2nd half and we get 5 mins of added time.
Shows what an absolute joke that is. But 2 mins and 30 secs during stoppage time just shows that Marriner actually did something right by letting us play to the 98th minute.
This is a good example of how statistics need context to be meaningful. 18 minutes out of play means that effective playing time was 27 minutes, or 60% of 45 minutes. The average for the premier league in a study from 2018 was 56.5%.

Source:
https://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/242/en/

This is a good example of how statistics need context to be meaningful. 18 minutes out of play means that effective playing time was 27 minutes, or 60% of 45 minutes. The average for the premier league in a study from 2018 was 56.5%.

Source:

That further proves the point in regards to the 2.30 mins in added time, thats 50%, so even below the average.
Good thing Marriner actually did something right for once.

Source:

It was actually below the Premier League average. Look at the Newcastle games this season. The FA havent gotten their 22/23 campaign for more free flowing football of to a great start.
The Brighton game was in all fairness just one half of football..

FbkIYI-aAAA8RMn

Anyone heard anything on someone from the Newcastle staff throwing a bottle at our backroom staff after we scored?

Anyone heard anything on someone from the Newcastle staff throwing a bottle at our backroom staff after we scored?

Saw that on a vid, disgrace..not heard anything since

Edit; I couldn’t quite make out whether it was a bottle but someone on their bench threw something…

Edit; here ..it’s being investigated….Morons !

Last edited:

Source:
Yep. The sooner we move to 2 x 30 mins halves with a timekeeper stopping the clock every time the game stops, the better. FT is blown no matter where the ball is - not e.g. waiting for it to be kicked back into play by the keeper (how pointless is that).

His celebration for his goal last week made me think that tbh

He and VVD have been reading their own press clippings and believing that they grace the pitch with their very presence for far too long now... Both have been a bit rubbish so far this season (and parts of last season), but swan around with the attitude of the world's greatest in their respective positions. They both can be and have been, but they're not even close right now.

That's the way the Greeks do it, I think. You're one when you're born i.e. in your first year. They're always ahead of themselves there though.
Reminds me of when we had a French girl doing an exchange with my sister when she was studying French. The girl was a twin and she claimed that, according to French tradition, she was the oldest of the two as she was born second. Her explanation was that if you put two pennies in a cup and then take them out one by one, the one that went in first comes out last ... great insight into French sex life more than anything.

Seeing Fabio's start, and Elliot's performance, made me wonder have we held onto Jones for too long. Both Fabio and Elliot went down a level to find regular football and came back challenging for positions in the first team. Meanwhile Jones is no better than he was 2-3 seasons ago. Perhaps we might have been better served if he had gone somewhere on loan as well.

Reminds me of when we had a French girl doing an exchange with my sister when she was studying French. The girl was a twin and she claimed that, according to French tradition, she was the oldest of the two as she was born second. Her explanation was that if you put two pennies in a cup and then take them out one by one, the one that went in first comes out last ... great insight into French sex life more than anything.

that is a weird analogy to use - pennies and cups
i guess it rhymes on penis and -massive stretch - on cunts so there is that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom