• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Thread - Chelsea (a) - Sun 13th 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
I’m going early lads, at this stage if we sign anyone they won’t be starting next weekend.

What a game to start the season with. Klopp has a good predicament - all of our attackers look sharp and are scoring. In defence we look ropey but have no options so that picks itself.

I have no idea what team Chelsea might put out.

I think we will go:

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Mac Allister
Jones
Szobo

Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Can easily see Nunez down the middle or Diaz on the left but this is possibly my favourite front three even though i do get a hard on from Darwin.

I think that’s the side he will go with. Even if Badger gets 75 minutes on Monday he will be on the bench at best.

6-0 win for the Merseyside Reds.

Wtf is this??? We still got a pre-season game to play yet before this, ahhhhh well done Brizzy you only gone and just cost us the game. Hope ya fucking proud of yourself.

Last season killed big Ib.

I know, I was fucking there. Doesn't change the fact Klopp usually goes with a strong side to end pre-season and wouldv'e been the same last season had we not played the community shield 24hrs earlier.

Also is anyone having problems downloading this season's NFC pass???

Keeps telling me I'm maxed out on my device but my old pass was automatically moved to expired so I removed it from my wallet app...............this shit really takes the piss, why do we even need the NFC pass again? Go back to scanning your card at the turnfuckingstile.

I know, I was fucking there. Doesn't change the fact Klopp usually goes with a strong side to end pre-season and wouldv'e been the same last season had we not played the community shield 24hrs earlier.
We’ve played the charity shield more often than not the last few years haven’t we? That’ll skew any analysis of last preseason games and strength.

We’ve played the charity shield more often than not the last few years haven’t we? That’ll skew any analysis of last preseason games and strength.

Think so, but usually it's last pre-season game (end of July ish) then Community Shield following week then start of season the week after that.

I think the Strasbourg friendly wasn't planned until much later (purely for the kids & of course Ibou being the only starter involved).

If Thiago plays in the next friendly he'll start against Chelsea
I can’t see it. He’ll surely get a max of one half in the next friendly (but more likely 30 mins or so) and won’t be anywhere near ready for Chelsea after some time out post op.

I reckon it’ll be Jones or a new DM (Andre would be pretty much match fit, but a gamble, for instance).

Last edited:
I’m going early lads, at this stage if we sign anyone they won’t be starting next weekend.

What a game to start the season with. Klopp has a good predicament - all of our attackers look sharp and are scoring. In defence we look ropey but have no options so that picks itself.

I have no idea what team Chelsea might put out.

I think we will go:

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Mac Allister
Jones
Szobo

Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Can easily see Nunez down the middle or Diaz on the left but this is possibly my favourite front three even though i do get a hard on from Darwin.

Barring last minute injuries - I’d say this is the team.

If Thiago plays in the next friendly he'll start against Chelsea

i remember a few months ago saying that Thiago is the only one out of him, hendo and Fabinho who has the actual talent to warrant surrounding with youngsters to do his running. But hearing the possibility of that happen terrifies me, maybe if he was in a run of form and not coming out of an injury it would feel different.

So the match thread starter who brought an unmatched unbeaten run for the end of season gets bumped?

This is some bad voo doo shit here.

We are getting pumped and we all know who’s to blame.

:D

So the match thread starter who brought an unmatched unbeaten run for the end of season gets bumped?

This is some bad voo doo shit here.

We are getting pumped and we all know who’s to blame.

:D

consider yourself the David Fairclough of match threads

I want to start Nunez and start building his confidence from the beginning, but given it's an away game against a tough opponent, it makes sense to go for a more defensively sound lineup with a false 9. DM is an issue, but even if we do sign someone at this point, they will have next to no time to train and integrate, so I'm not counting on any new players for this game. Also not counting on Thiago and Bajcetic for anything more than a few minutes at the end of the game at best. I would seriously think about playing Gomez in place of Robertson at LCB unless Robbo shows improved understanding of that position in the next few days. Diaz vs Jota on the LW is the biggest selection dilemma; it's also possible to accommodate both by dropping Gakpo in #8 in place of Jones, but I think once again because it's away at Chelsea Klopp will lean towards selecting a real midfielder.

3-2-2-3:
------------------Alisson------------------
----Konate----Van Dijk----Gomez----
---------Trent------MacAllister---------
---Szoboszlai------------Jones--------
Salah----------Gakpo-------------Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Matip, Robertson, Thiago, [new CM], Elliott, Doak, Jota, Nunez

Last edited:
I want to start Nunez and start build his confidence from the beginning, but given it's an away game against a tough opponent, it makes sense to go for a more defensively sound lineup. DM is an issue, but even if we do sign someone at this point, they will have next to no time to train and integrate, so I'm not counting on any new players for this game. Also not counting on Thiago and Bajcetic for anything more than a few minutes at the end of the game at best. I would seriously think about playing Gomez in place of Robertson at LCB unless Robbo shows improved understanding of that position in the next few days. Diaz vs Jota on the LW is the biggest selection dilemma; it's also possible to accommodate both by dropping Gakpo in #8 in place of Jones, but I think once again because it's away at Chelsea Klopp will lean towards selecting a real midfielder.

3-2-2-3:
------------------Alisson------------------
----Konate----Van Dijk----Gomez----
---------Trent------MacAllister---------
---Szloboszlai------------Jones--------
Salah----------Gakpo-------------Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Matip, Robertson, Thiago, [new CM], Elliott, Doak, Jota, Nunez

I think this team, but Jones swapping with Mac. If Thiago is fit, he will start over Dom, IMO

Diaz, besides the 2 goals, had done nothing of note. Jota has been the better player by far. The pressing, the intelligent running, the link up plays and the goals.

Based on pre-season, he should start for sure.

Jots - Gak - Salah

Diaz, besides the 2 goals, had done nothing of note. Jota has been the better player by far. The pressing, the intelligent running, the link up plays and the goals.

Based on pre-season, he should start for sure.

Jots - Gak - Salah

I also think this will be it.

There is some merit though to play Darwin, as with Gakpo and our two new mids, they might cancel each other out and congest play in that attacking mid area.
Darwin would push their line back and open up more space for others to play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom