• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Union Saint-Gilloise (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s admit it - none of them are hungry enough to make it to the top.

I don’t see any future Stevie Gs, Salahs or even C.Ronaldos coming through. Players who eat, sleep and live football 24/7 and will run 20 laps without any complaints around the stadium if you tell them to or who would stay back at the training ground when everyone has gone home. Gone are those days. Now all you see are spoilt, pampered brats.

I had high hopes for Elliot but he’s dropped off too. Can’t blame him when he’s hanging around with losers like Jones, who thinks he’s already arrived.

Talent will only get you so far but it’s the hard work, hunger, and discipline that will get you to the top.

Right so - just to get this correct - we’re getting our knickers in a twist because we didn’t win the dead rubber game most people wanted to field the U12 girls team in?

More than likely

For me, I wouldn't have risked gakpo, endo konate (but I understand ibou just for match fitness), and I've no clue why we took szob as he should have been staying at home with his feet up.

Still,.they all came.back.unscathed do jobs a goodun. The result is secondary to that

It also gave us a bit more feedback in regards to the young'uns. Quansah is the real deal. Bradley was alright and has a bit of fight in him. Scanlon is (as said last game he played) probably the better left back talent and Elliot is currently a better sub than starter.

More than likely

For me, I wouldn't have risked gakpo, endo konate (but I understand ibou just for match fitness), and I've no clue why we took szob as he should have been staying at home with his feet up.

Still,.they all came.back.unscathed do jobs a goodun. The result is secondary to that

Yep - Gakpo et al need to have playing time to get into form - would have been nice to get a result, but it’s like a glorified pre-season friendly for us - not for them like - likely one of their biggest games of the year.

Suppose Gakpo had scored a hat trick - do you think Binomial would be arguing for him to start against Utd, or if Harvey had a stormer, would there be a call to play him instead of Slobbers.

You’re absolutely right though, no injuries was the most important outcome.

Why wouldnt he? I absolutely hate social media for portraying what he said as something negative towards Matip. It clearly wasnt.

The likes of Endo, Jones and Elliot, what were they on about?

It's a chance to show their experience and leadership, one of them was even made captain. The midfield was shit, we barely strung any passes together and got dominated.

The likes of Endo, Jones and Elliot, what were they on about?

It's a chance to show their experience and leadership, one of them was even made captain. The midfield was shit, we barely strung any passes together and got dominated.

It's almost as if we treated the game like a pointless exercise to throw a bunch of individuals who've never played together and said to them "just go out and run about, oh and try not to embarrass yourselves"

Don't even know why half the first team squad travelled, would they have travelled if it was somewhere in Greece or Czech Republic?

It's almost as if we treated the game like a pointless exercise to throw a bunch of individuals who've never played together and said to them "just go out and run about, oh and try not to embarrass yourselves"

Don't even know why half the first team squad travelled, would they have travelled if it was somewhere in Greece or Czech Republic?
Well, it's not like anyone of them have anything else to do do they? With this showing, bar Quansah and injuries, none of them will start this Sunday, not based on merit anyway.

Let’s admit it - none of them are hungry enough to make it to the top.

I don’t see any future Stevie Gs, Salahs or even C.Ronaldos coming through. Players who eat, sleep and live football 24/7 and will run 20 laps without any complaints around the stadium if you tell them to or who would stay back at the training ground when everyone has gone home. Gone are those days. Now all you see are spoilt, pampered brats.

I had high hopes for Elliot but he’s dropped off too. Can’t blame him when he’s hanging around with losers like Jones, who thinks he’s already arrived.

Talent will only get you so far but it’s the hard work, hunger, and discipline that will get you to the top.

If those days are gone then what's stopping spoilt pampered brats from reaching the top?

Don't they just have to be the least spoilt and pampered of the spoilt and pampered brats?

If an underage player comes into the regular 11 and doesn't perform over a few games, then yeah questions to be asked

But 8 young lads playing together in the team for the first team, without much of the regular team - against the best team in Belgium, well I'm not sure being judgmental and critical is the correct way to go. I'm just delighted we rested our senior players ahead of a big 2 week period.

I think on this one, we should take the benevolent grandfather stance, just smile, nod the head, and pause the judgement.

If an underage player comes into the regular 11 and doesn't perform over a few games, then yeah questions to be asked

But 8 young lads playing together in the team for the first team, without much of the regular team - against the best team in Belgium, well I'm not sure being judgmental and critical is the correct way to go. I'm just delighted we rested our senior players ahead of a big 2 week period.

I think on this one, we should take the benevolent grandfather stance, just smile, nod the head, and pause the judgement.

Pretty much.

The likes of Sterling Trent Gerrard didn't progress by being thrown into the XI with a bunch of other kids for dead rubbers for the sole purpose of protecting the seniors, they were integrated properly with the rest of the team.

I think youth against youth doesn't help the youngsters understand the demands of their game. What happened yesterday playing our youth against a top senior team provided them with massive learning experience of how they need to apply themselves to the game. That's how you take out the spoilt brat in them. They need more of the same before we pass judgement if they have it or not.

They should play reserves in the 3rd or 4th tier of senior football like they do in most european countries.

Klopp mentioned that “someone told him” the first goal was offside. Obviously we still deserved to lose, but how is it possible for the VAR to mess it up?
Interestingly they never showed the semi automated graphic of the goal to show that it was onside/offside which was telltale sign that something was wrong

Last edited:
I did not like konates performance. Yes, it looked like a shit show in front of him but he just looks more awkward and slow these days.

We really need him to find some form and fitness.
Konate and Jones were Terrible, endo and gakpo were worse again... Elliott was poor in the 1st half, better in the 2nd half. Gomez came on in the 2nd half and was poor as well..
The young players being out of their depth is one thing but those players in or around the first team were uttererly useless last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom