• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match: Union Saint-Gilloise (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Kick off:
Thursday, Dec 14, 2023, 17:45 (GMT)

Note the time!

Can you predict the line up?

No. I have a bad feeling Klopp will play 4-5 first teamers though when really all the kids should be sent out especially when we've got Utd a few days later.There is absolutely nothing for us to play for here.

Does anyone have a list of the u21's who are eligible to play?

Kelleher Bradley Quansah Nallo Chambers Mcconnell Nyoni Jones Doak Clark Gordon

Maybe Harvey and Endo for Mcconnell and Nyoni if it's too much of a drop.

No. I have a bad feeling Klopp will play 4-5 first teamers though when really all the kids should be sent out especially when we've got Utd a few days later.There is absolutely nothing for us to play for here.

Does anyone have a list of the u21's who are eligible to play?

Kelleher Bradley Quansah Nallo Chambers Mcconnell Nyoni Jones Doak Clark Gordon

Maybe Harvey and Endo for Mcconnell and Nyoni if it's too much of a drop.
Well the so called "B-list" would consist of players who were born on or after January 1, 2002 and have spent two years at the club, so there is plenty to pick from.

I hope it's:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers

Endo
Elliott
Jones

Doak
Gordon
Cannonier

Subs: Frauendorf, McConnell, Scanlon, Musialowski etc

Bobby Clark is still injured I think.

Well the so called "B-list" would consist of players who were born on or after January 1, 2002 and have spent two years at the club, so there is plenty to pick from.

I hope it's:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers

Endo
Elliott
Jones

Doak
Gordon
Cannonier

So no Jay Spearing? That's a fucking shame, been waiting over 10 years to see him again.

I hope it's:

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Chambers

Endo
Elliott
Jones

Doak
Gordon
Cannonier

Rest the fucking lot including the kit man, we need it.
Don’t care if they make us play this at 12.30 either…

I really hope we let the first team players take the day off tomorrow, while Klopp and Lijnders huddle up and try to come up with a new tactical plan for the next stretch. No first team players should even be on the plane to Belgium; if allowed by the rules I would even have Klopp stay at home. We need this chance to breathe, refresh and clear our heads before the Christmas fixtures. If people criticize us for it, so be it.

I think Klopp learned his lesson after Jota got injured in that useless game a few years ago.

Union has to trust Lask to beat Toulouse while they beat us in order to go through. Won't happen imo.

I think Klopp learned his lesson after Jota got injured in that useless game a few years ago.

Union has to trust Lask to beat Toulouse while they beat us in order to go through. Won't happen imo.
There was no lesson to be learned we got 2.5m for winning that game, remember FSG are our owners.

I love our Mo ( 200 NOT OUT), but I don't even want him on the bench for this one.

We all want the XI to be full of u21's but the reality is Klopp will likely play 4-5 first teamers mixed with Kelleher Gomez Doak Jones Harvey etc.

Maybe give Nunez some time to see if he can stay onside often enough to get the ball in the back of the net - bit of practice maybe.

As far as I'm concerned this is a reserve game and the the only first team players who should be even considered are the likes of Kelleher or somebody returning from injury who might need 20 mins like Jota.

Mo, Szoboszlai, Diaz, Allison, MacAllister, Trent Konate and Virgil shouldn't even be in the squad.

Uts have a massive must win game midweek, the opportunity to rest players and come into the Utd game with 7 days rest/preparation is huge. Only an act of hubris could throw that advantage away.

Rest every important player and save them from the trip - for me this means Trent, Ibu, Virgil, Mo. Play those we need minutes for - Jones, Gakpo, Elliot.

finally - play the man who needs a goal ahead of United.

Kelleher

Bradley
Quansah
Gomez
Chambers

Endo
Elliot
Jones

Doak
Nunez
Gakpo

Subs - U21s

After this we have three home PL games - United, Arsenal, West Ham. Fresh legs can bring 3 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom