• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Villareal (a) - Tues 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can still play those teams in the Champions League though. Obvious point, but we would not be in this year's competition under the old rules and the likes of Red Star would be – that would have been a huge downgrade.

Yeah I realise that, just don't think it's fair. Look at the finals before the change. Bucharest, Belgrade, Brugge, Panathanaikos, Ajax, etc. Now anyone who plays in those leagues and is any good ends up in an English academy aged 15 and all those country's leagues are now bollocks.

Is Belgrade a downgrade? :)
I went there once. Got off the train but didn't have any (whatever their currency was back then). No exchanges anywhere. I was told the only place where I could exchange £ (before the days of Euros) was a Russian hotel. The guy at reception said he wouldn't help. But asked me where I was from - when I said Liverpool the guy's face broke into a big smile, in broken English we chatted a little about football and favourite players and then he exchanged my £. Just enough to get a bite to eat and then back on the train out of that shithole.

Funny how we remember shit. I'd totally forgotten that story until Belgrade came up in this thread.

279288664_5586491114718985_8674302390630531180_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom