• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Villareal (a) - Tues 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched Klopp's post-match interview. He said at half-time the analysts couldn’t find a single action that they could show the team as an example of what they did right in the first half. The positions of the front 3 were too static and played into the hands of the man-orientated pressing scheme of Villareal - in the 2nd half we found the right spaces and turned the advantages of that system for Villareal into a disadvantage.

He also said, unprompted at the end: “congratulations to Nat Phillips, BTW” - anyone knows what that was about?

Rocky 1st half, luckily Jurgen got at them 2nd half. Onto the final boys. Madrid in Paris again hopefully like 81, my ticker won't stand up to a City game.

Are the fume cwying their sorry little arses off that UEFA and the FA conspire against anyone trying to get a decision against us?

Are they still cwying that all our players are off their tits on enhancers, coz we've played like every game this season and are still hassling the fuck out of teams in the 90th minute?

Are they still cwying that Klopp's teeth are unnaturally white and his smile is unnaturally infectious?

Are they still cwying because they are small time, plazzy flag waving, bandwagon jumping, tourist camera happy, sad little supporter-less cunts heading for another stadium, only to have their 750 fake fans belittled by a club with actual history?

I fucking hope so. Fume away, cunts.

Just watched Klopp's post-match interview. He said at half-time the analysts couldn’t find a single action that they could show the team as an example of what they did right in the first half. The positions of the front 3 were too static and played into the hands of the man-orientated pressing scheme of Villareal - in the 2nd half we found the right spaces and turned the advantages of that system for Villareal into a disadvantage.

He also said, unprompted at the end: “congratulations to Nat Phillips, BTW” - anyone knows what that was about?

Bournemouth

Promoted with Bournemouth tonight.

Just think how easy it would have been if we didn’t have a squad that was so far behind all the other top 6 teams in England.

That first half, we were crying out for “sign in a heartbeat” talent like Ryan Fraser and Jamal Lewis.

David Wagner would have never allowed that first half to happen, even though managers don’t matter.

Where was Bobby…. The flabby melt.

Are the fume cwying their sorry little arses off that UEFA and the FA conspire against anyone trying to get a decision against us?

Are they still cwying that all our players are off their tits on enhancers, coz we've played like every game this season and are still hassling the fuck out of teams in the 90th minute?

Are they still cwying that Klopp's teeth are unnaturally white and his smile is unnaturally infectious?

Are they still cwying because they are small time, plazzy flag waving, bandwagon jumping, tourist camera happy, sad little supporter-less cunts heading for another stadium, only to have their 750 fake fans belittled by a club with actual history?

I fucking hope so. Fume away, cunts.

109 pages (and counting) on the game and the LFC season thread is at 997 pages

proud

There's times when we play we try and force it like we think we can score off every move. When that breaks down, we get frustrated. Straight from the 2nd half we reverted back to what we do best, retain possession, probe and keep asking questions. Then the opposition get frustrated and it opens up. It must be a Klopp instruction that gets us back on track, that 1st half was horrible, 2nd half was mint.

Just think how easy it would have been if we didn’t have a squad that was so far behind all the other top 6 teams in England.

That first half, we were crying out for “sign in a heartbeat” talent like Ryan Fraser and Jamal Lewis.

David Wagner would have never allowed that first half to happen, even though managers don’t matter.

Where was Bobby…. The flabby melt.

To be honest, reading the meltdown on this forum at half-time is a bit amusing now that we know how things turned out. Even at 0:2 for me this was genuinely "never in doubt" – yes, we played possibly the worst 45 minutes of the season, but I had full confidence that Klopp would find the right words at half-time and that the players would respond. And Villareal, for all their bravery, never had the extra gear to wrestle back control after it's been lost.

We're confirming your stay at easyHotel Paris Charles de Gaulle from May 27, 2022 to May 29, 2022

Just booked it. $65us a night by the airport!
About to get sold out

I’ll be at Chez Duk. Apparently they have a 65” UHD HDR tv with sound bar on their decking area.

Only let down by the distance from Paris

Klopp did Naby a massive favour. Should have been hooked at half time like his last Spanish inquistion at Madrid but he recovered second half. Jurgen knows best.

Klopp did Naby a massive favour. Should have been hooked at half time like his last Spanish inquistion at Madrid but he recovered second half. Jurgen knows best.

Yeah, I was thinking about it. Klopp might told him something like: "look Naby, right now every pundit on TV and every fan in their armchair is screaming to bring you off the pitch for Hendo. I will put my trust in you – make sure you justify it!" To be fair, I don't think he was all that diabolical in the first half – he pressed OK and took up decent advanced positions, but Trent and Konate seem hell-bent on playing every ball over the top and Thiago passed to no one (defensively Keita did leave some holes in midfield, as he usually does). In the 2nd half he was finding the same spaces, but the ball started actually finding him too and the flow of the game completely changed. Looking back, it was the right decision to leave Naby on the pitch until the game was won.

I think Keita is just an easy scapegoat. That starting midfield is our best— heck, the entire team was simply dreadful in that first half and Klopp knew that it wasn’t just one player.

Last edited:

Lots of respect and admiration for Villareal – a club that must be doing something so right to be punching way above their weight. It's like Burnley going to the CL semi-finals and giving one of the best teams in the world a major scare.

Last edited:
There's times when we play we try and force it like we think we can score off every move. When that breaks down, we get frustrated. Straight from the 2nd half we reverted back to what we do best, retain possession, probe and keep asking questions. Then the opposition get frustrated and it opens up. It must be a Klopp instruction that gets us back on track, that 1st half was horrible, 2nd half was mint.
We didn't revert to anything, IMO, what happened was Villarreal's press was superb in the first half and our passing atrocious (66% : I think I heard the commentators say it was our lowest success rate for 3 years?), not by 2-3 players but virtually the whole team from Ali through to Mane.

In the second it was clear they couldn't keep it up and our passing was back to it's normal level of preciseness. It all flowed from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom