• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Fuck it, we lost last time Brizzle started the match thread against West Ham.

Date, kick-off time and venue
Liverpool vs West Ham is scheduled for a 5.30pm GMT kick-off on Saturday, March 5, 2022.
Anfield in Liverpool will host the match.

Where to watch Liverpool vs West Ham
TV channel: The match will be televised on Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event, with coverage starting at 5pm.
Live stream: Sky Sports subscribers will be able to watch the match online via the Sky Go app.
Live blog: You can follow all the action via Standard Sport’s live blog, with Jack Rosser at the ground.

Liverpool vs West Ham team news
Curtis Jones was forced off during Liverpool’s win over Norwich due to a potential thigh problem, with the Reds already missing Thiago Alcantara and Roberto Firmino.

David Moyes took Aaron Cresswell out of the squad that lost to Southampton, but he should be able to return amid Ryan Fredericks and Vladimir Coufal’s absence.
The two managers will provide updates on their squads ahead of the weekend.

Liverpool vs West Ham prediction
Jurgen Klopp’s side have looked unstoppable of late but West Ham raise their game for these sort of clashes, and could pose a threat.
Liverpool to win, 2-1.

Head to head (h2h) history and results
West Ham last won at Anfield in 2015.
Liverpool wins: 78
Draws: 37
West Ham wins: 29

-----------------------------

Shouldn't be too hard to predict the line up. Unless Klopp surprises us with some bad news in the pre match conference:

(Edit: So Klopp did have a few surprises after all. Matip out, Jones and Keita doubtful)

Alisson

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Elliot

Diaz
Mane
Salah

Last edited:
---------------------------Alisson----------------------------------------
--TAA--------Matip-------------------VVD----------Robbo------
----------------------------Fabinho--------------------------------------------------
------------Henderson--------------Jones/Keita---
-------Salah-------------Mane-----------------Diaz-----

The only real decisions to be made is who is the third midfielder. Jones, Keita and Elliott in the running. For me Jones has had the best cameo lately, but unsure whether he's recovered enough from his midweek injury. I don't think Elliott is playing at the level high enough to justify either dropping or moving Henderson. Jota is still finding his feet after injury, so needs some more performances off the bench.

They'll be some tense moments, but we should have enough to beat them at Anfield.

Shouldn't be too hard to predict the line up. Unless Klopp surprises us with some bad news in the pre match conference:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
Van Dijk
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Keita

Diaz
Mane
Salah

That will be 1st team ... though I'm tempted to start Jones, if healthy, over Keita as he was really good against Norwich.

Jones should start based on form, as he was good against norwich...although lets review that statement first.

Norwich were fucking shite. West ham are actually good and press well. Jones has shown multiple times he doesn't deal with a press well. I'd be tempted to start keita for that reason, and sub if not working

Jones should start based on form, as he was good against norwich...although lets review that statement first.

Norwich were fucking shite. West ham are actually good and press well. Jones has shown multiple times he doesn't deal with a press well. I'd be tempted to start keita for that reason, and sub if not working

Yes, Jones' best games tend to come against more "technical" midfields that let us play, like Porto or Norwich. Keita for all his faults is more press-resistant and better against more physical midfields.

Last edited:
No Thiago so i reckon

Ali

Trent
Matip
Virgil
Robbo

Fabs
Keita
Hendo

Salah
Jota
Mane

Yeah, I think this might be the team as well. Might be Diaz for Jota if we still want to manage his minutes after injury.

I'd prefer to have Jota on the pitch but I'm not sure if Klopp is going to start him.

Not even Norwich, a 50/50 mix of Norwich reserves & first team.

Keita a doubt for tomorrow, as is curtis

Milner and hendo dominance in midfield, or will common sense prevail and elliott start?

Keita a doubt for tomorrow, as is curtis

Milner and hendo dominance in midfield, or will common sense prevail and elliott start?
I doubt that Milner will play after featuring in back to back games.
Will most likely be Elliott if Keita doesn't make it.

So Matip is out?

Finally, I can say how good his fitness has been this season without fear of jinxing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom