• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.
All went wrong with the subs ... we totally lost control of the midfield, and losing Carvalho and Nunez meant we waved goodbye to the threat and power we had down the left. Jones & Elliott offered absolutely nothing and Fabs isn't an LM as he was bypassed time and time again. Hendo started misplacing passes as well, having played well up to that point.

Trent ... fuck me, there is nothing more to say, standing around watching the ball go over him whilst well out of position and letting players brush past him into the box, with ease. Poor long passing all match as well.

A match we looked well in control of went badly wrong when those three went off and, although we deserved the 3 points based on the first half, we were well lucky to get home. Still, up to 7th and Newcastle are next in our sights.

Phew, that was close. I only saw the 2nd half, but Trent really pissed me off – not just the awful defending for Soucek's chance (I thought Hendo and Fabinho also were weak on that play), but some of his positioning and decision-making overall. In the 89th minute or so we counter on the left and he is the only Liverpool player on the right side of the pitch with 3 West Ham players lurking closer to the middle and he decides to join in leaving miles of space in behind – had the ball been intercepted that's a goal-scoring counter right there. This is not a physical problem, I'm afraid – that's low game intelligence or poor attitude or both.

In contrast, Milner was like a fucking superman when he came on. That block alone saved us 2 points (or maybe all 3 the way that game was going).

Last edited:
Great win, but are going to talk about Trent?

15272638414959.jpg

How bad are our coaches if they can’t sort out Trent and his defensive issues. Or is he finished at RB?

Phew, that was close. I only saw the 2nd half, but Trent really pissed me off – not just the awful defending for Soucek's chance (I thought Hendo and Fabinho also were weak on that play), but some of his positioning and decision-making. In the 89th minute or so we counter on the left and he is the only Liverpool player on the right side of the pitch with 3 West Ham players lurking closer to the middle and he decides to join in leaving miles of space in behind – had the ball been intercepted that's a goal-scoring counter right there. This is not a physical problem, I'm sorry – that's low game intelligence or poor attitude or both.

In contrast, Milner was like a fucking superman when he came on. That block alone saved us 2 points (or maybe all 3 the way that game was going).

This is what we need Milner for ... last 20 minutes, he closes games ...

At some point it's just unsustainable. Yes, up until a certain point you could make the argument that his attacking contribution was worth the defensive lapses, but that was back when he at least tried to defend. Your defence is only as strong as its weakest link and with Trent "defending" like he does it will always be basically shit – and you can't win with a shit defence. I'm done with Trent at RB and hope Klopp sees it before it's too late.

Last edited:
Milner was excellent. Proper leader and took control for us. We had total control in injury time.

Trent the weak spot again and as a result, Gomez back to being indecisive and rash.

Any remotely biggish game I'd put Milner or another at rightback. Trent got loads of protection today and was still all over the place when asked to defend.

Where’s this Scottish kid? I’m never going to remember his name until i see him play.

Trent the weak spot again and as a result, Gomez back to being indecisive and rash.

Any remotely biggish game I'd put Milner or another at rightback. Trent got loads of protection today and was still all over the place when asked to defend.

The worrying thing re Trent was, it was like he was told to sit tight and not get forward too much tonight and he still struggled defensively. Never been a fan of Gomez myself, way too inconsistent.

Where’s this Scottish kid? I’m never going to remember his name until i see him play.

Back in full training and played for reserves the other day. Has to be in contention soon you'd think. We've potentially got two dead rubber Champions League games and Derby County at home in League Cup next few weeks so hopefully he's involved in a few of them.

And he's shit

I am beginning to think you think everyone is shit in this team. Jones is one of the best young players in Europe - he proved it for us in the pandemic season. Needs a few games to get back into 100% form, hope Klopp starts him in the next game.

Anyone else very concerned about Fabinho?

I can't recall the last time he played well. Even Trent as woeful as he is at times has the occasional game where he looks class. Fabinho has been playing as if he's heavily sedated for months now.

There is usually a 4-6 week period every season where he's dreadful and then he snaps out of it, so far he hasn't snapped out of it this year. The real problem isn't so much that he's playing badly its that we can't replace him.

I can't recall the last time he played well. Even Trent as woeful as he is at times has the occasional game where he looks class. Fabinho has been playing as if he's heavily sedated for months now.

There is usually a 4-6 week period every season where he's dreadful and then he snaps out of it, so far he hasn't snapped out of it this year. The real problem isn't so much that he's playing badly its that we can't replace him.

Yea really struggling to remember the last good performance. I have my own theories about what’s going on with him but I hope @Modo is correct that it’s a confidence issue, probably caused by the general awfulness in the side this season.

Yea really struggling to remember the last good performance. I have my own theories about what’s going on with him but I hope @Modo is correct that it’s a confidence issue, probably caused by the general awfulness in the side this season.

Fabs was good against City, no? Not stand out good, maybe, but he was sharp and diligent like everyone else. Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll see a “good Fabs” until after the World Cup.

Clearly, Trent is trying to play his way out of the England squad so that he can put his feet up, have a rest and not be blamed for Enguurland’s next glorious World Cup failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom