• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - West Ham (H) - Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are struggling - but this is part of 'regaining' confidence and belief ... hopefully we hold onto this.

Haha, I know what you mean by theres absolutely no positives to take from this second half performance, other than that so long as we don't get even more injuries, we don't need to play like this.

My friend reckons Trent bulking up this summer is to blame for some of his diminished recovery pace and agility, such that he can't make up for bad positioning. I can see it.

My friend reckons Trent bulking up this summer is to blame for some of his diminished recovery pace and agility, such that he can't make up for bad positioning. I can see it.
Yep
Looks less agile. I've been saying the same

Haha, I know what you mean by theres absolutely no positives to take from this second half performance, other than that so long as we don't get even more injuries, we don't need to play like this.

It borderline seems like we're trying to concede with some of the wastefulness

This team really doesn't help itself at all.

89th minute and Robertson is bombing on into the box with Salah trying to dribble past two defenders with no real hope of beating them.

Millie is ways the one to take it the corner, but he's never strong enough for it

That was a horrendous shitshow but a lovely 3 pointer. Massive win for us.
Alli MOTM. Easy.

Klopp got away with resting some players and giving some others some minutes. We got the three points. Done.

Important win, but more questions raised against us

Dont think so regarding the last part. We’ve got loads of injuries and subbed off our attacking threat given that we play lunch time on Saturday.
Quick turnaround + loads of changes = scrappy game.

Well, that was a return to "form".

It's interesting to see Klopp make so many subs and changes. He's clearly scrambling to come up with ways to get through games at the moment and thus far we tend to end up with more questions than answers at the end of them.

There is a weird mentality issue with this side. We looked a lot better against City because we were massively pumped and raised our game sure but also because we knew we had to be controlled and disciplined.

The discipline against the "lesser" teams just isn't there at all. We don't move as a team. The number of times the space between players was a massive chasm was unreal. You can't navigate a game like that. The desperate attempts to attack / try and score at all costs as well.

I remember seeing Firmino's head going left and right like he was watching a tennis match whilst trying to manage the press in the first half. Just basic things are a long way off functioning as they should be.

Trent got skinned, and instead of trying to get back, he just stands around watching his teammates bail him out. Terrible.

Both Trent and Gomez have no chance of making the England squad.

Really should've been about 2 or 3 up before West Ham got a sniff just before HT. Fair play to them they came into second half and we looked really leggy. Got away with it a bit, but fuck it another 3 points and on we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom