• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prematch vs FIFA City (H) Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Miracle vs Physics
Probably my last Prematch thread . Protect the rightside we have a chance.
ipapi.ashx

Lucky_White_Heather_-_geograph.org.uk_-_933450.jpg
Four-leaved_clover1.jpg
Han_jade_dragen.JPG
800px-Maneki-neko-ja.jpg

Rabbitsfoot.jpg

Last edited:
We need to cut off the supply. I don’t think 442 is the play for this one. I expect to see

Ali
Gomez Ibu Virgil Robbo
Fabs
Hendo Thiago
Salah Bobby Nunez

I want to see Fab return to form in this game ... if he clicks, the team will improve ...
Also Gomez on the right helps Salah ... so let's hope we see something similar as we did yesterday.

Yes we still have many glaring deficiencies. But we absolutely will not be facing a low block.
I still think we lose this - they are better than us - but I think it's tighter than most imagine.

Fuck those cheating cunts by the way.

1-4 at least. Our 1 goal being a pity own goal after they take their foot off the gas.

We need to cut off the supply. I don’t think 442 is the play for this one. I expect to see

Ali
Gomez Ibu Virgil Robbo
Fabs
Hendo Thiago
Salah Bobby Nunez
That's the team. I'm pretty sure Klopp will try to be tactically astute / clever to gain an advantage because 4-3-3 hasn't been brilliant this season.

I'd be tempted to replicate the formation we saw after Salah came on against Rangers – him as a lone striker, but "interpreting the position" (as Klopp said) by playing a bit more on the right, occupying the ideal spaces for himself to do his trademark thing. Let's hope Jota is cleared to start as he has developed great understanding with Mo.

Anfield will be rocking and hopefully Klopp will get the players pumped up.
Form goes out the window and we got some confidence from the game last night.

Lets go!

I think Klopp is gonna continue with surprise mode and hope it works for us

Ali
Gomez Ibo Virg Tsimikas
Hendo Fabinho
Eliott Firmino Nuñez
Salah

Ali
Gomez Ibo Virg Tsimikas
Hendo Fabinho
Eliott Firmino Nuñez
Salah
The issue with this formation is there is no way Hendo & Fabs can handle whatever three midfielders City put out.

Ali
Gomez Ibo Virg Tsimikas
Hendo Fabinho
Eliott Firmino Nuñez
Salah

Thiago has to play and probably Fabs next to him – let's hope he can raise his level for City. I think Hendo will be made to look old and stupid by the City midfielders if he plays.

--------------Alisson--------------
-------Konate---Van Dijk-------
Gomez-------------------Robbo
--------Fabinho---Thiago------
Elliott--------Jota---------Nunez
----------Salah---------------------

I like that team. Robbo has to play. He looked good when he came on yesterday.

I don't want Salah to be the one tracking back to help the right-back – he showed he is willing to do it, but this is a horrible use of his abilities. If you look at our heat maps from our best performances in previous seasons, Salah is usually the farthest player forward and that's how it should be, even if he nominally starts on the wing. As soon as you move him further back or too much to the side, you shoot yourself in the foot by depriving yourself of your best goal-scoring threat. Make Elliott do the running on the wing and let Mo pick his ideal spaces like he did against Rangers. With Jota-Salah connection, I feel that for the first time this season we have something to build on. Don't squander it!

Meanwhile on the other side, I'm afraid Nunez will have to step into the Luiz Diaz shaped hole at LW for big games like these – we need someone with lots of energy and pace who will chase every ball down the line. Someone like Carvalho will never see the ball in a game like this where you have to fight for every possession. Darwin will have to sacrifice himself for the team. Let's hope him and Robbo can develop some kind of understanding and quickly – at least he won't have a language excuse as no one understands Robbo anyway ;).

Last edited:
I’d go…

Allison

Gomez. Konate VVD

Hendo. Fabs. Thiago Robertson

Bobby
Salah Nunez

I’d go…

Allison

Gomez. Konate VVD

Hendo. Fabs. Thiago Robertson

Bobby
Salah Nunez

Hendo would be gassed after 20 minutes of running up and down as a wing-back. A few years ago it might have worked, now I don’t think it’s a serious option. If you want to shoehorn a midfielder into a wing-back role, surely Milner would be a much more natural option, but I don’t think many of us want to see that either.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Man City and the ref. VAR in the background looking forward to watching.

Heh...the colors match.

Hendo would be gassed after 20 minutes of running up and down as a wing-back. A few years ago it might have worked, now I don’t think it’s an option. If you want to shoehorn a midfielder into a wing-back role, surely Milner would be a much more natural option, but I don’t think many of us want to see that either.

I’d see his side as more conservative than a wing back (Robbo on the other hand) or give him and Milner a half each. I even toyed with Hendo in the middle and Fabs on the right given he’s got previous there.

Ironically, I’d have loved to see Neco Williams there in that line up.

Thiago has to play and probably Fabs next to him – let's hope he can raise his level for City. I think Hendo will be made to look old and stupid by the City midfielders if he plays.

--------------Alisson--------------
-------Konate---Van Dijk-------
Gomez-------------------Robbo
--------Fabinho---Thiago------
Elliott--------Jota---------Nunez
----------Salah---------------------
Yeah I thought Thiago played yesterday but he didn't (I didn't see the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom