• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Prematch vs FIFA City (H) Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky's betting forecaster :

Being able to get 3/1 with Sky Bet on Liverpool in a home match looks like one of those ridiculous bookmaker sign up offers - but this is the reality of their situation. This is Liverpool's worst start to a Premier League season under Jurgen Klopp and they have already taken 14 points fewer than this stage in their 19/20 title winning campaign.
That said, Anfield with an underdog mentality is a dangerous place no matter the opposition. No team has won there in the Premier League for 27 games. Their attacking metrics also still suggest Klopp's men are potentially in for two goals in this game so City may have to score three to win. It makes a pro-Liverpool result look a sensible strategy at the prices.
Liverpool have scored at least twice in each of their last four meetings with Manchester City in all competitions - no team has ever scored two or more goals in five consecutive games against a side managed by Pep Guardiola before.

Obviously since adding Erling Haaland, City do look jaw-droppingly ruthless in attack but when a quality counter-attack opposition team gets it right against them the balance of their defensive game does make them vulnerable to conceding. In games against Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Manchester United this season they have shipped eight goals.
That makes me uneasy if I'm going to back them at 4/5 with Sky Bet for that away win. I still think a draw will be seen as a good result by Guardiola at this stage of the season and that has been the result in three of the last four Premier League meetings. In fact, since Guardiola took charge of Manchester City, the aggregate score in the 17 meetings between the teams reads Liverpool 28-30 Manchester City. Historically there is little between the two.
The game to end 1-1, 2-2 or 3-3 at 7/2 with Sky Bet looks quite an attractive play.

SCORE PREDICTION: 2-2

I remember one game where Firmino followed De Bruyne everywhere maybe we will see that again
Funny I was just thinking man-marking KdB may be the best bet - once that player gets a yellow rotate someone else in to do it. City may have a ton of quality players but he's the best so a sacrifice may be in order. Not that Klopp would ever do that of course.

Copenhagen 0 - 0 City
Aston Villa 1 - 1 City
Newcastle 3 - 3 City
Liverpool 3 - 1 City (Neutral)

To suggest there is no hope and we're going to get battered is bloody stupid. We're at home and Anfield will be roaring, so with City clearly more vulnerable / less effective away from home (only 10 man Wolves and Sevilla have suffered big defeats) I still believe we have a great chance, especially with confidence now flying high for some of our most vital players, to extend our home record and to beat City (again).

2-1 or 3-2.

Also worth mentioning that we are starting to look more like ourselves and that, in an attacking sense, we've not been far off last season even with Mo and Jota not scoring :

According to Opta, Liverpool's shots per game in the league is down from 19.2 last season to 17.5 this term, while their xG (expected goals) per game has also dropped, from 2.6 to 1.8. Yet it is not that their attack has been completely neutered - their average number of touches in the opposition box has gone up from 38.9 to 42.1 and the number of open-play crosses per game is also up from 15.6 to 16.4.

Though clearly this is the issue with scoring more : An unsettled front line has crushed Liverpool's ability to create big chances this season - the team has 1.5 per match on average, according to Nielsen Gracenote. Gracenote finds that in 2021-2022, Liverpool created an average of 3.75 big chances per match and in their title-winning season, 3.5 per match.

However with Nunez back and scoring, Firmino in his best form of the past few years and Mo looking back to his best (a massive boost to his confidence) vs. Rangers I'd suggest those three plus Jota and Diaz are about to start ripping it up.

We all know defence has been the reason for our decline (abetted by a severely disabled midfield suffering due to injuries) however against City it is close to the best (defensively, including midfield) we can put out. Robbo, VvD, Konate and Gomez is a very sound defence and a reason for optimism if the strikers can continue their scoring run.

We can try getting to HT without conceding the first goal. Then get at them in the 2nd.

We are the underdogs despite playing in Anfield, no doubt.

We can try getting to HT without conceding the first goal

I agree [emoji817].... Then remembers the first minute goal we let in against Arsenal last week.

Halaand is the type of guy who uses lube isn't he? Right?

Bobby is only one goal behind Haaland in October.

Salah has started scoring Salah goals again.

We were 14 points behind with a game in hand in January last season, and ended up a point behind them. We have two months longer to catch them this season.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the start of our challenge.

Im beginning to think Ibou rumours could be true (I still hope not) I’m not keen on the alternatives :(

A similar issue arose last week when Thiago was missing, only to start at Arsenalwithout issue, but the same cannot be said for Konate.
The Athletic’s David Ornstein and James Pearce report that the Frenchman is in doubt for Sunday’s game due to a muscle injury, with further assessment planned for Saturday.
It is said that the issue is “minor” but with Konate having only just returned from a two-month layoff with a knee injury, Liverpool will, understandably, not be eager to take any risks.
It is untimely, to say the least, with Joel Matip currently sidelined with a calf issue, leaving Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Nat Phillips as Jurgen Klopp‘s centre-back

Athletic saying he missed training yesterday with a minor muscle Injury

Milner at rb and Joego at CB ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Athletic saying he missed training yesterday with a minor muscle Injury

Milner at rb and Joego at CB ...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
In which case we’ll concede those 4 goals in 10 minutes.

Muscle tightness and fitness issue isnt that big off a deal but you have to be careful with him after 2 months out.

We really need him to start against City.

Copenhagen 0 - 0 City
Aston Villa 1 - 1 City
Newcastle 3 - 3 City
Liverpool 3 - 1 City (Neutral)

To suggest there is no hope and we're going to get battered is bloody stupid. We're at home and Anfield will be roaring, so with City clearly more vulnerable / less effective away from home (only 10 man Wolves and Sevilla have suffered big defeats) I still believe we have a great chance, especially with confidence now flying high for some of our most vital players, to extend our home record and to beat City (again).

2-1 or 3-2.

Mate, the issue is we give up glorious chances non stop and our midfield struggles to control games.
Granted, well win 5-0 but the attacking aspect of our play hasnt been the issue this year!

Mate, the issue is we give up glorious chances non stop and our midfield struggles to control games.
Granted, well win 5-0 but the attacking aspect of our play hasnt been the issue this year!
Read the post below the one you quoted !

If he's anywhere near ready I'd play Ramsey - at least he IS a RB ! Fingers crossed for Konate being fit to start though. Otherwise we're fucked.
Funny you should mention him, I got up early today and thinking about Konate being out, I started watching videos of Ramsey - just play him, I mean we introduced TAA against United at RB all those years ago and he was up against Rashford. Think we just have to take that risk, if he plays Milner we are fucked with the type of form that Foden is showing.

Funny you should mention him, I got up early today and thinking about Konate being out, I started watching videos of Ramsey - just play him, I mean we introduced TAA against United at RB all those years ago and he was up against Rashford. Think we just have to take that risk, if he plays Milner we are fucked with the type of form that Foden is showing.

Yes I’d love to see Ramsey play. The only thing that worries me is him being used to the way our team play. It can take time to gel with that.but maybe he’s already been introduced to some of it, and would do great, some it’s real quick, others take longer and can make mistakes while learning…(if it wasn’t city we were to play wouldn’t be as bad)

I think Klopp is gonna continue with surprise mode and hope it works for us

Ali
Gomez Ibo Virg Tsimikas
Hendo Fabinho
Eliott Firmino Nuñez
Salah
Very good chance that Gomez will breakdown in this game.
How the fuck did you get back out of the wardrobe!!!!

Get back in there you fucker!!

End of days time!!! :D:D:D
Nah mate, last season he was the ultimate hoodoo jinks, as any post he made with a prediction was ultimately wrong. Yes, Champions league, he made a post claiming we would stuff Real Madrid.
This season who knows, demons have instore for us? @StevieM You doing the Prematch for Ajax then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom