• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Raul shows Sven hasn't got a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Up until the last 2 games everyone was claiming we needed 2 new CM's as he pulls out of tackles, shots to much and doesn't score and overall isn't good enough.

Roll on 2 games and suddenly he's a world beater. So what is it?

At the Wolves home game I thought he was our best player and unlucky not to give us the lead.

He's a very tidy passer and obviously knows where the goal is.

I'll be more than happy if he becomes a permanent fixture in the middle.

Re: Raul shows most haven't got a clue

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43772.msg1259815#msg1259815 date=1295748329]
What are you implying here?
[/quote]

That almost everyone's opinion is fickle.

Reading some of the match threads implied that Raul was as bad as Poulsen.

We seem void of giving a balanced view in so many instances.

One bad game a player is awful. One good game and he is a world beater.

Pathetic. Just because DB starts the thread he is abused. Some posters need to cop on. Wankers.

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=43772.msg1259818#msg1259818 date=1295749088]
How do you shots something too much?
[/quote]

Ha ah grammer. Is that all you got?

Merely making an observation that we seem overall fickle in our reactions to players on their performances from week to week.

A player can go from not good enough to a world beater in a week on here.

Anyways, if I'm the only ones who see's this fair enough. I just found it strange comparing the Blackpool match thread with yesterday.

Sounded like to totally different players.

This happened with the whole fucking squad from Roy to Kenny as well, pretty much all fans chop and change at some point. Not that it really implies or means anything.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=43772.msg1259821#msg1259821 date=1295749818]
[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=43772.msg1259818#msg1259818 date=1295749088]
[/quote]

Merely making an observation that we seem overall fickle in our reactions to players on their performances from week to week.

Anyways, if I'm the only ones who see's this fair enough. I just found it strange comparing the Blackpool match thread with yesterday.

[/quote]

Grammar? Surely it's spelling or just poor typing?

Think most posters recognise that Raul is a class player that's been played out of position. There are the obvious idiots that picks on the mistakes he makes but they are just ..... idiots.

If you listen to the extremists on this site then it will seem like Raul changes from being not good enough to a world beater. I, personally, ignore these and chose to have my own views.

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=43772.msg1259825#msg1259825 date=1295750213]
[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=43772.msg1259821#msg1259821 date=1295749818]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Grammar? Surely it's spelling or just poor typing?

Think most posters recognise that Raul is a class player that's been played out of position. There are the obvious idiots that picks on the mistakes he makes but they are just ..... idiots.

If you listen to the extremists on this site then it will seem like Raul changes from being not good enough to a world beater. I, personally, ignore these and chose to have my own views.
[/quote]

Typing would be it alright. Very true about positioning but even when he has played central many have got on his back.

It's shit to see and devalues the site as one that has so many good views on the team. Raul is a step above 90% of the players we have here and tat should be easy for most to see not the select few.

Just for the record I've always rated him. However I want us to replace Lucas and Poulsen. Hence two midfielders.

not everyone is fickle, those of certain points of view are more vocal when their views are correct - meaning when raul had a few bad games the haters were loud and when hes excellent the admirers are the ones making most noise.

this happens all the time with maxi as well, hes either slow, shite and lightweight or a useful player

i like them both ;D

Dreamy - where did people say "overall Raul isn't good enough"?

I must have missed that.

Exactly. I don't think anyone has really turned on him (barring the criticism on pulling out of tackles).

It's not really a point of discussion. Most here do rate Meireles.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=43772.msg1259850#msg1259850 date=1295764620]
Dreamy - where did people say "overall Raul isn't good enough"?

I must have missed that.
[/quote]

Yup ... I think everyone is quite aware we have a very good player on our hands in Meirless.

There's usually one idiot on here you can rail against using nothing more than the blatantly obvious, however, like everyone else, I can't really remember anyone quite so dumb as to think that Meireles was as bad as Poulsen, even on the back of what was a really shit performance the previous match.

So yea, most people like Meireles.

Some people may have mentioned that he doesn't really want anything to do with a 50/50. Because he doesn't.

I thought most people felt he was the only good thing to happen to club (on the pitch) in Hodgsons time but every player has their critics I suppose, for a guy in his first season playing with a team struggling for form hes been largely impressive. He appeared to have hit a wall about a month ago and put in a few lifeless performance but Im prepared to disregard that because hes come back better than before.

The real question now is whether or not he can play as a midfield pair with Gerrard, my suspicion is no

Raul is a classy player and anyone can see that but much the same as Torres, Johnson, Poulsen, Skrtel, Maxi and Kuyt has had a few stinkers.

The fans are right to have a go at any player for lack of effort.

Of course Raul can partner Gerard, the just need a destroyer type like Mascherano behind them to mop up.

i find this topic a little odd. anyone who made a criticism about meireles did so not because they thought he lacked quality, it was in fact the opposite. due to his quality i think people just expected a little more in certain areas of his game

I do recall Oncy saying that Meireles should stop trying shots from range at one point, but he's very emotional.

It did seem like Meireles was going to be the new Aurelio at one point: "and Meirreeeellllleesssssssss oooh, narrowly wide, he does like to have a pop doesn't he, what lovely technique he has" "OOOOOOhhh a screamer narrowly wide from Meireles there" etc etc.

It does seem he should be able to contribute a few, especially now that our midfielders are going forward, strangely enough.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=43772.msg1259867#msg1259867 date=1295768912]
What an odd thread....
[/quote]

Most people in this thread were in total agreement with Dreamy, and I just find it preposterous, to be honest. It's a crazy place on here.

I hate people who bang on about others not having a clue, especially ones who predict we'll hammer teams only for us to lose.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=43772.msg1259914#msg1259914 date=1295776437]
I hate people who bang on about others not having a clue, especially ones who predict we'll hammer teams only for us to lose.
[/quote]

I hate the posts rather than the people, but basically I'm right with you here. That kind of snooty dismissal of others, individually or collectively, is the most annoying thing that can happen on here IMHO. Answer the post, not the poster.

Dreamy everyone rates Meireles. EVERYONE. Ive teased about his shooting, but im only fucking around, i know the lad can score from distance ive seen it many times, and for the record hardly anyone agreed even in the usual jokey fashion, i think SaintGeorge did in the same fashion and maybe Farky too (referencing Aurelios free kicks). The only major critiscism of Raul has been his tendancy to shit out of challenges. Which he does, that hasnt changed. That said i believe it became worse after the knee injury he picked up recently so maybe he just isnt quite fit yet.
NOBODY has likened him to Poulsen and EVERYBODY wants him in the middle of our starting 11.

I really dont know what you are trying to do here.

His pass to Torres when it was 0-0, for which he got clattered a moment later, was as good as any you'll see.

He's improving his general play, but he's a fucking shithouse who looks like Louis Spence.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=43772.msg1259817#msg1259817 date=1295749084]
[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43772.msg1259815#msg1259815 date=1295748329]
What are you implying here?
[/quote]

That almost everyone's opinion is fickle.

Reading some of the match threads implied that Raul was as bad as Poulsen.

We seem void of giving a balanced view in so many instances.

One bad game a player is awful. One good game and he is a world beater.

[/quote]

I think you've covered most of it in the initial post DB.

Essentially he's come into his own in the last two games with two DM's alongside him, so people's concerns over him playing in the middle two were valid, he's looked better with less defensive responsibility. That's not really a reflection of whether he's a World beater anyway, I don't think many people criticised him with much ferocity, practically everyone is unanimous in thinking that he's a 'good' player.

Oh, and regards his goalscoring, he could easily not score again for the rest of the season, two games don't prove much, he'll score goals at a rate higher than Xabi/Lucas/Masher/Poulsen combined in a season, but probably not as many as someone like Kuyt.

His addition to our play is more important, he plays the ball first time and is always looking to play a positive ball forward.

I feel like I've missed something. Who has been criticising Meireles... to the point where his inclusion in the team was being questioned?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=43772.msg1259944#msg1259944 date=1295779584]
I feel like I've missed something. Who has been criticising Meireles... to the point where his inclusion in the team was being questioned?
[/quote]

I haven't got a didgeridoo, I don't really get the point either. People said he doesn't get stuck in enough and needs a DM or two alongside him, he's had two behind him in the last two games and probably had his best two games. Errrr....

[quote author=keniget link=topic=43772.msg1259867#msg1259867 date=1295768912]
What an odd thread....
[/quote]

...to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom