• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Raul shows Sven hasn't got a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Raul shows most haven't got a clue

I made the point he needs to be more accurate with his shooting. Was that wrong? No.

Now he has started to get more accurate, which is excellent news. That doesn't mean I thought he was shite.

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=43772.msg1259813#msg1259813 date=1295748113]
Up until the last 2 games everyone was claiming we needed 2 new CM's as he pulls out of tackles, shots to much and doesn't score and overall isn't good enough.

Roll on 2 games and suddenly he's a world beater. So what is it?

At the Wolves home game I thought he was our best player and unlucky not to give us the lead.

He's a very tidy passer and obviously knows where the goal is.

I'll be more than happy if he becomes a permanent fixture in the middle.
[/quote]

Excuse Me !! >:(

And not just me but plenty of others have been saying this guy has got a lot in his locker and is going to be a key player for us. Check back.

As far as I'm aware what most people were actually saying was he shouldn't be played at RM as we don't get the most out of him there. When Stevie comes back in guess where he will be again ?

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=43772.msg1260030#msg1260030 date=1295789153]
As far as I'm aware what most people were actually saying was he shouldn't be played at RM as we don't get the most out of him there. When Stevie comes back in guess where he will be again ?
[/quote]

Errr... in centre mid behind Stevie and at the expense of one of the other two.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=43772.msg1260035#msg1260035 date=1295789806]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Put it down on paper. That gives you GK, 4 defenders, 3 CMs and 2 strikers (assuming Suarez arrives) .... and er ..one place for both RM and LM ..... or Ming back out at RM.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=43772.msg1260054#msg1260054 date=1295791496]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Put it down on paper. That gives you GK, 4 defenders, 3 CMs and 2 strikers (assuming Suarez arrives) .... and er ..one place for both RM and LM ..... or Ming back out at RM.
[/quote]

Suarez can play as a wide forward aswell, so that gives us the option of him OR Torres, or Suarez playing a wide role occasionally too.

In the middle with Stevie.
Kuyt - Torres up front

Lucas-Poulsen on the bench

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=43772.msg1259853#msg1259853 date=1295764966]
Exactly. I don't think anyone has really turned on him (barring the criticism on pulling out of tackles).

It's not really a point of discussion. Most here do rate Meireles.
[/quote]

Yep agree with this. I've been a little scathing about his bottling of tackles but that's because I expect every LFC player when we're in the shit to put his foot in.

He's clearly a gifted footballer and hopefully when we start playing better football consistently we won't need him to put his foot in.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=43772.msg1260080#msg1260080 date=1295792757]
[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=43772.msg1260054#msg1260054 date=1295791496]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suarez can play as a wide forward aswell, so that gives us the option of him OR Torres, or Suarez playing a wide role occasionally too.
[/quote]

But doesn't he usually play wide on the left ? Or have I got that mixed up !

Dreamy saying "most don't have a clue".

It is pretty special, even by his standards, that he's managed to misjudge pretty much everyone's views on the entire site.

[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=43772.msg1260089#msg1260089 date=1295794869]
Exactly. I don't think anyone has really turned on him (barring the criticism on pulling out of tackles).

[/quote]

Yep agree with this. I've been a little scathing about his bottling of tackles but that's because I expect every LFC player when we're in the shit to put his foot in.

He's clearly a gifted footballer and hopefully when we start playing better football consistently we won't need him to put his foot in.
[/quote]

Not as often maybe, but we have to work on that side of his game. Few - if any - players are so good that they can be let off the hard graft completely. I'm glad we've got him, but he's got some way to go before he becomes so vital to us that we can afford to carry a non-tackling midfielder in the side, if indeed he ever does.

All that said, neither I nor anyone else I can recall has said he's anything other than a good player.

In defence of dreamy he thought he was still on rawk when he wrote his post so he would have been spot on had he posted in the correct website forum.Rawkers believe lucas makes raul look better than he actually is and dont rate him much.

[quote author=aquaman4 link=topic=43772.msg1260198#msg1260198 date=1295816060]
In defence of dreamy he thought he was still on rawk when he wrote his post so he would have been spot on had he posted in the correct website forum.Rawkers believe lucas makes raul look better than he actually is and dont rate him much.
[/quote]

To be fair to them, Lucas makes everyone on the same pitch look better than they actually are. By being more shit than everyone else on the pitch.

lucas21.jpg

[quote author=keniget link=topic=43772.msg1259944#msg1259944 date=1295779584]
I feel like I've missed something. Who has been criticising Meireles... to the point where his inclusion in the team was being questioned?
[/quote]

I asked this question too, and am still awaiting an answer.

I better not hold my breath.

As I said, whilst this may not have the comedy gold of the Arsenal facepalm, in terms for sheer volume, I don't think anyone has ever misjudged the opinions of so many as Pat has with this one.

I think I said it the other day that most reasonable folk on here claim Dreamy to be a top chap when they've met him. So we've gotta give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose.

His record on the internet though is abominable. His posts should carry a fucking health warning they're that shit. He's really really really bad on here.

I feel like I've missed something. Who has been criticising Meireles... to the point where his inclusion in the team was being questioned?
[/quote]

Well it looks like everyone is saying he is the business now, but I cn remember a time when people were saying we needed a completely new team bar the likes of Gerrard Torres and Reina.

I think Blackpool away was the lowest point.

But hey ho if everyone loves Raul now I'm happy.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=43772.msg1259914#msg1259914 date=1295776437]
I hate people who bang on about others not having a clue, especially ones who predict we'll hammer teams only for us to lose.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha. Wolves 4-0 at home!

I'm so confused by this thread

[quote author=Dreambeliever link=topic=43772.msg1260232#msg1260232 date=1295821704]
[/quote]

Well it looks like everyone is saying he is the business now, but I cn remember a time when people were saying we needed a completely new team bar the likes of Gerrard Torres and Reina.

I think Blackpool away was the lowest point.

But hey ho if everyone loves Raul now I'm happy.
[/quote]

'Here's me avoiding the point'

DB, speak, the people need clarity of vision in these cloudy times.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=43772.msg1260183#msg1260183 date=1295811215]
[quote author=Spionkop69 link=topic=43772.msg1260089#msg1260089 date=1295794869]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not as often maybe, but we have to work on that side of his game. Few - if any - players are so good that they can be let off the hard graft completely. I'm glad we've got him, but he's got some way to go before he becomes so vital to us that we can afford to carry a non-tackling midfielder in the side, if indeed he ever does.

All that said, neither I nor anyone else I can recall has said he's anything other than a good player.
[/quote]

You do make it sound like Raul Meireles plays like a superstar luxury player in the mould of Ronaldo (fat one), and Ronaldinho. Raul does quite a lot of the hard grafting very competently. Off the ball - he always works his socks off; be it for tracking back, or providing a passing outlet or dragging a man out of position with a well timed run. But he has indeed jumped away from most 50-50 scenarios, but i'd chalk that down to finding his feet at this level. In any case, i think diving in-to 50-50s is a bit over-rated. It is one of those things where fans would always be retrospectively critical depending on the result. Eg: Gerrard's sending off against United.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=43772.msg1259850#msg1259850 date=1295764620]
Dreamy - where did people say "overall Raul isn't good enough"?

I must have missed that.
[/quote]

Dreamy, could you answer this for me please?

Ta.

In the history of "worst threads ever" I would have to say that this thread would definitely be in the running for top spot. Might not be the winner but very close

I would suggest that people internationally tend to abandon Dreamy at times like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom