• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roberto Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is likeable and a big portion of that is due to his eternal optimism; Even when Wigan are in the bottom three and getting humped he'll have something positive to say.

On the other hand, should we get battered at home by team x and he start acting all starry eyed and optimistic I don't think it would be quite so endearing.

Have you been in a coma for the last 2 years?
Don't be confused. Most of us were against Roy's appointment but we gave him a chance and supported him. The job was too big for him. He rightfully got the boot because we were on a hiding to nothing with him. This is a results business.

I am an avid fan of Kenny but he didn't deliver and 8th is never gonna be acceptable for this club. His sacking was necessary and the right decision for the club even if it has huge emotional ramifications. Life goes on and the club lives on.

You're missing the point. Kenny4 asked you the question because you'd just said that whoever we appoint will get the support of the fans, which is an odd thing to say after the last two years.

Presently the club are only going to speak to Martinez so let`s see what happens, if the club appoint him or Rogers we will need a vastly experienced DOF as Martinez while a talented manager would need a lot of help. If Clarke stays and we appoint a decent DOF it could work but will be a risk.

I`m worried but we have trust the owners at this point in time. All I know is that radical change is required at the club and that seems to be happening but we are only at stage 1 which is the clearout...Things might better when the appointments are in place....

Still heartbroken that Kenny isnt involved at some level but maybe a complete clean break was needed so that move forward and create a new history..

All I know is that there is no point going in meltdown just because the club are speaking to Martinez

No I'm not missing the point. You'll have short memories. Nobody wanted Hodgson but when he arrived we gave him a chance to win us over but his bland football and defensive tactics yielded nothing but derision.

I advocated Kenny's appointment and hoped that it would work out. The results were unacceptable and his stubborness led to his ultimate failure. Nothing is guaranteed in football. Kenny gambled on British and paid the price for mediocrity.

No I'm not missing the point. You'll have short memories. Nobody wanted Hodgson but when he arrived we gave him a chance to win us over but his bland football and defensive tactics yielded nothing but derision.

I advocated Kenny's appointment and hoped that it would work out. The results were unacceptable and his stubborness led to his ultimate failure. Nothing is guaranteed in football. Kenny gambled on British and paid the price for mediocrity.

Some *did* want Hodgson. I wasn't one of them but I'm well aware that some of us gave him a chance (in fact I keep pointing that out when people come on here and say nobody did). There were some who didn't though, which makes a bit of a mockery of your insistence that "the fans" will support whoever we appoint - you say yourself that "nothing is guaranteed in football" and there's no guarantee of that either, especially as he'll be replacing the King. Whoever it is will have to hit the ground running.

Nothing on the bbc gossip pages as yet this morning, no news is good news eh

it is going to take a while to interview everyone. I expect news in a couple of weeks, falls in line with the transfer window opening, not that it makes a difference seeing as the manager isn't going to be the one to identify and purchase new signings

Some *did* want Hodgson. I wasn't one of them but I'm well aware that some of us gave him a chance (in fact I keep pointing that out when people come on here and say nobody did). There were some who didn't though, which makes a bit of a mockery of your insistence that "the fans" will support whoever we appoint - you say yourself that "nothing is guaranteed in football" and there's no guarantee of that either, especially as he'll be replacing the King. Whoever it is will have to hit the ground running.
I beg to differ on your comments that make a mockery of my insistence that the fans will support whoever is appointed. The some you speak of is in the minority. There was never overwhelming support for Hodgson as there was with Kenny but we were still prepared to give him a chance to win us over. That he didn't is history. There's always going to be a minority of dissenters and thats their perogrative. Unto each his own.

I agree that whoever gets appointed will have to hit the ground running and for the sake of our club I hope he does. I just hope that whoever is advising Henry & Co. is doing it with the best interest of the club at heart and we get the right man for the job long term who gets the required time to put his stamp of success on the club.

The appointment and transfer budget will reveal much about our ambition to shake off the current state of mediocrity and push on for a top 4 place.

I beg to differ on your comments that make a mockery of my insistence that the fans will support whoever is appointed. The some you speak of is in the minority. There was never overwhelming support for Hodgson as there was with Kenny but we were still prepared to give him a chance to win us over. That he didn't is history. There's always going to be a minority of dissenters and thats their perogrative. Unto each his own.

I agree that whoever gets appointed will have to hit the ground running and for the sake of our club I hope he does. I just hope that whoever is advising Henry & Co. is doing it with the best interest of the club at heart and we get the right man for the job long term who gets the required time to put his stamp of success on the club.

The appointment and transfer budget will reveal much about our ambition to shake off the current state of mediocrity and push on for a top 4 place.

I never gave Hodgson a chance. Mocked the thought of him, mocked the actuality of him. Roared with laughter at the face rubbing and couldn't look at him without picturing a giant budgie. Celebrated when he left. Got myself into trouble with a few of the 'give him a chance' posters at the time.

I'd do it all again. I've never been much interested in England's football team but I can't wait to see the head banging and face rubbing during the Euro's. It'll be great TV, might even get an HD set for clearer views and surround sound so I can hear every word of his priceless interviews.

I never gave Hodgson a chance. Mocked the thought of him, mocked the actuality of him. Roared with laughter at the face rubbing and couldn't look at him without picturing a giant budgie. Celebrated when he left. Got myself into trouble with a few of the 'give him a chance' posters at the time.

I'd do it all again. I've never been much interested in England's football team but I can't wait to see the head banging and face rubbing during the Euro's. It'll be great TV, might even get an HD set for clearer views and surround sound so I can hear every word of his priceless interviews.

I don't even think a HD TV with surround sound would clarify his interviews much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom