• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
try by Youngs - just as well because he's been holding the ball way too long before bringing the back line into it.

Under the posts too so England should go ahead here. Can't see the Argies getting ahead again

Wilko nails another 3 points.

Have to say though that England jersey is shite, and the trophy stitched into the sleeve is sad.

Tuilagi got away with murder.

Argie breaks down the wing, puts a chip in and Tuilagi pulls him back. Should have been a penalty where it landed - 5 metres out.

Oh, boo-hoo. The ****** ref had been penalising England all game for offences for which the Argies got off with warnings.

That said, England will have to improve by about 500% or they mightn't even beat the Jockoes.

It was a definite penalty at a critical point in the game. Badly missed by the ref.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that. All I'm saying is that the ref.missed or downplayed plenty coming in the other direction.

I think that's to be expected JJ, they vary wildly in todays game. I'd like to see the reintroduction of proper rucking - I don't think it's a coincidence that more teams get away with killing the ball on the ground since it's been phased out.

Looking forward to our game tomorrow morning - I'll have to set my alarm. We've picked a nicely balanced side and I'm expecting we'll struggle a little bit but come out on top with a 20 point margin at the end

Final Score - 17-16 to the Boks.

We got lucky - but a win is a win. This team doesn't seem to be nearly as hungry, or talented, as the 2007 outfit.

I can't believe we lost this match. We were better than the Springboks in nearly every aspect of the game.

Still if we carry on playing like this, we should have a good World Cup ahaead of us.

I love our back row.

Usually the only stat we outscore the South Africans on is the missed tackle's and the injured players, today i think was the best performance i've seen us put in in a losing effort.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=45879.msg1397610#msg1397610 date=1315740303]
No, was at my mates 30th last night. Missed all the rugby this morning.
[/quote]

Your lads did a decent job, i'm not quite sure who i want to win when you play the Aussies.

Just watching the highlights now, I knew it would be tricky playing the Americans on the 9/11 anniversary but I still thought we'd have put more points on the board

Seems all the minnows are putting up a fight so far. We're still waiting for the first upset, just hope and pray it doesn't come when we play Samoa next week.

I've a feeling it might just be an opening game thing. Once teams get through that we might see a hammering or two.

That said though I think everyone knows how to defend these days, and every team seems to have a bit of physicality about them. Maybe the gap is narrowing

It's got to be, when Wales look respectable contenders. ;)

I'm now wondering if my prediction that SA will make the semis will actually come about.

*Sticks 2 fingers up at JJ* ;)

Quite a few key injuries for the SA's as well:

Bakkies Botha - Going home
Matfield - Off Injured
Jean De Villiers - Off with rib injury

My memory is shocking, did we always used to have this bonus point system in place for WC games?

Don't think so mate. I'm *fairly* sure I heard Brian Moore say it was new the other day on the radio.

If Bakkies is going home, that'll be a very big miss indeed for them.

Yeah I didn;'t know anything about til I saw the Fiji group table on the telly yesterday and they had 5 points.

I like it though

I think they've pretty much always had it in the tri nations (i'm a fan of it as well). Something that maybe we should consider taking on board for the six nations.

a few issues I saw during the game:

1) We were very average, if not poor, at tackling.
2) Bismarck du Plessis and Francois Hougaard need to start. They made a difference when they were brought on when we were down 16-10.
3) Heinrich Brussow was fantastic.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45879.msg1397626#msg1397626 date=1315741933]
*Sticks 2 fingers up at JJ* ;)

Quite a few key injuries for the SA's as well:

Bakkies Botha - Going home
Matfield - Off Injured
Jean De Villiers - Off with rib injury

My memory is shocking, did we always used to have this bonus point system in place for WC games?
[/quote]

Matfield & De Villiers -> out against Fiji.

Wrt Bakkies:

Botha was unavailable for selection for the match because of Achilles tendon soreness. His rehabilitation is continuing and he remains with the team.

Ah they said he was going home during the game mate, good news for your lot anyway.

Everyone is jumping on the story over here that Hooks Pen went over, i've watched it loads and still think he missed it.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=45879.msg1397876#msg1397876 date=1315814202]
Ah they said he was going home during the game mate, good news for your lot anyway.

Everyone is jumping on the story over here that Hooks Pen went over, i've watched it loads and still think he missed it.
[/quote]

I haven't watched it since the game, so I'd trust you as there's no way I don't remember it (I'm getting old, I forget easily!).

Wales deserved more ... it may have been the perfect game for SA though only due to the changes it may push De Villiers to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom