• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rumour mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Wilko link=topic=44988.msg1340356#msg1340356 date=1306765739]
It's remarkable how many lads on the site have the propensity to slag off John Henry and cast doom and gloom on the summer tranfers, next season etc based on made up shit from journalists who have absolutely nothing to write about at this time of year.
[/quote]

I think half of them have forgotten it's still May and the window isn't even open yet. People laugh at paper talk and dismiss it half the time and then get angry over players who are linked.

We've only been linked with about 30+ so far. Just pick out the shite ones though and declare next season over before half the players have hung their boots up for the Summer.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=44988.msg1340482#msg1340482 date=1306781288]
I'd rather have Mata
[/quote]

I wouldn't mind either way, Vargas can play both LB and LW though and he has it all too, plus with his age he leaves room for Sterling to grow into the role. :)

Juan Vargas the Best Soccer Player

Vargas is great. Hopefully we'll be in for him as LB and our fullbacks will be providing attacking width with some top drawer Wing forwards in support of Carroll (ie. Suarez + one of Mata/Hazard/Gervinho etc).

I think its too early really to panic but the natural instinct (based on the past) is for apprehension.
I want us to sign Neymar and Mata and Aguero, but i really dont want to get my hopes up in any way, so i'd rather expect Downing, Adam and Barton.

Truth is we dont know.
Im looking forward to all the drama.

I think Adam would be a great buy, he scored 13 goals and had 9 assists this year in a team that got relegated. I'd be happy with him.

@bensmith_Times
Ben Smith
@SiClancy The Young to #MUFC deal is not as advanced as some have reported.

The pessimism in here is killing me.

It's the summer, everything & anything is possible FFS.

Whilst you may not be that optimistic, at least don't cry doom & fucking gloom every time we're linked with an average English player instead of an above average foreigner.

i might just start a thread speculating about the speculation that takes place in this thread, like a really cheap inception

[quote author=Lewy link=topic=44988.msg1340519#msg1340519 date=1306791217]
i might just start a thread speculating about the speculation that takes place in this thread, like a really cheap inception
[/quote]
Lastfm_Xzibit.jpg

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=44988.msg1340521#msg1340521 date=1306791732]
[quote author=Lewy link=topic=44988.msg1340519#msg1340519 date=1306791217]
[/quote]
Lastfm_Xzibit.jpg

[/quote]

Mega lol! Classic meme'ing Fabs!

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=44988.msg1340514#msg1340514 date=1306790098]
The pessimism in here is killing me.

It's the summer, everything & anything is possible FFS.

Whilst you may not be that optimistic, at least don't cry doom & fucking gloom every time we're linked with an average English player instead of an above average foreigner.
[/quote]

It doesn't bother me when we're linked with useless cunts.

It does bother me when people then advocate us buying said useless cunts.

Have people been crying doom and gloom or have people just argued against buying average players?

I think people are are getting the two mixed up.

I remember the summer we bought Pennant it was only really myself and Ryan that were quite vocal about what a shit summer we'd had. Everyone else was incredibly busy trying their best to write really well thought through and reasoned posts outlining why there is room to be optimistic whilst decrying the naysayers as doom mongerers.

It's the same thing again. I don't think anyone is calling NESV shit or being unnecessarily negative. There is just a debate about particular players and the scenarios of signing a combination of them. If you're not interested in that, why not close the forum until the end of the transfer window so we can all only talk about signings once they're holding a Liverpool scarve above their head at Anfield - ya'know in true Liverpool Way style.

I also take particular issue with certain posters who rarely post and dip in only to say "just wait until the it's all confirmed before commenting". If everyone did that, there would be no debate, no lurking and nothing for you guys to dip into at all.

On an aside, I still think there's a very good player in Pennant that's never had the chance to come out.

I think a lot of people seem far more accepting of the lower end of the player range we've been linked with than some of the top end and getting all panicky and downhearted about it. I just think we simply don't know yet. We've new owners and this window will show us what they're about and what we're capable of with regards to attracting top talent. I don't think there's any point in getting tin any way emotional just yet as there's ages to go in the window nor do I think people should stop debating the merits (or lack of them) of players either.

Sorry. OK, we're only going to sign wank players and we're doomed. Doomed I tell you. None of it matters anyway as it's rapture time come October...

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44988.msg1340629#msg1340629 date=1306830518]
Sorry. OK, we're only going to sign wank players and we're doomed. Doomed I tell you. None of it matters anyway as it's rapture time come October...
[/quote]

That's the spirit!

Its a combination of a few things;

Foriegn expensive players = Good = exciting

Homegrown = average = boring = shite = downing

And in light of watching our best midfielders in years now plying their trade elsewhere

American owners = small wallets = shysters = liars = wiley ingenuous soundbites = spiritually unconnected with the game or at best curious = businessmen uncaring about anything but money = vultures = pie in the sky stadium plans = slow spiral into obscurity

I don't know whether i'm being pessimistic or not but I do not think we will be buying anyone exciting or expensive we will try to do just enough to get back into the top four, we might buy one star player or at least star-ish player but I don't see us doing any more than that.

Incidentally N'zogbia, Downing and Dann doesn't make me feel very galactico either but you never know they may not be that shite.

(Note: having re-read my post it's more resigned than pessimistic)

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=44988.msg1340625#msg1340625 date=1306830160]
I think a lot of people seem far more accepting of the lower end of the player range we've been linked with than some of the top end and getting all panicky and downhearted about it. I just think we simply don't know yet. We've new owners and this window will show us what they're about and what we're capable of with regards to attracting top talent. I don't think there's any point in getting tin any way emotional just yet as there's ages to go in the window nor do I think people should stop debating the merits (or lack of them) of players either.
[/quote]

I have zero worries.

Maybe that's wishful thinking; but I really think they'll just sit down, look at what positions desperately need improvement and try to get the best possible players without paying stupid money.

Is all this because I compared some no mark Seville winger to Jermaine Pennant? I was half joking - but that said, I'd much prefer the Young, Mata, Vargas rumours.

The Perotti link is interesting. I posted this a while back:-

-------------------

Re: Maaaaawwwwkey Signing
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

Any La Liga fans about? I saw Sevilla play last season. A lad called Perotti or something like that was superb on the left wing. Is he always good or did i just catch him on a good day?

--------------------
Nobody replied. So is he really good or what?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=44988.msg1340619#msg1340619 date=1306829645]
I remember the summer we bought Pennant it was only really myself and Ryan that were quite vocal about what a shit summer we'd had. Everyone else was incredibly busy trying their best to write really well thought through and reasoned posts outlining why there is room to be optimistic whilst decrying the naysayers as doom mongerers.
[/quote]

Give over, nearly everyone was in despair that summer. Quite right too. The only person I remember being positive was Dreambeliever, but positivity was all he did back then.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=44988.msg1340664#msg1340664 date=1306832734]
The Perotti link is interesting. I posted this a while back:-

-------------------

Re: Maaaaawwwwkey Signing
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

Any La Liga fans about? I saw Sevilla play last season. A lad called Perotti or something like that was superb on the left wing. Is he always good or did i just catch him on a good day?

--------------------
Nobody replied. So is he really good or what?
[/quote]
Being the expert I am after seeing a youtube compilation he does seem to be somewhat of a one tricky pony. He's super fast so he runs at the player then does a really heavy touch in the other direction and uses his pace to turn him, kinda like tapping the right toggle(xbox) in fifa. Saying that, I quite like the look of him for the £7million being mooted. Especially at 22years old.

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=44988.msg1340667#msg1340667 date=1306833041]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=44988.msg1340619#msg1340619 date=1306829645]
[/quote]

Give over, nearly everyone was in despair that summer. Quite right too. The only person I remember being positive was Dreambeliever, but positivity was all he did back then.
[/quote]

Nope. I have a terrible memory generally speaking, but I do remember the Pennant summer quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom