• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rumour mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey Barton

do_not_want8.jpg

Jones
Konchesky
Cole
Jovanovic
Kyrgiakos
Maxi
Ngog
Poulsen
Aquilani
Degen
El Zhar
Insua

Any rumours going about where some of this lot might end up at?

Accordng to reports Liverpool are very close to landing Wigan Athletic midfielder James McCarthy.

The 20-year-old has impressed for the Latics in a season where they narrowly avoided dropping out of the Premier League.

Only a victory at Stoke City on the final day of the season secured the club’s top flight status.

With Chelsea reportedly interested, Liverpool are moving quickly to land the starlet who only a year ago was turning out for Hamilton Academicals.

“It is 90 per cent done, all sides now seem to accept it is going to happen and it's a matter of everyone trying to get the best deal,†a source told Goal.com.

The deal is believed to be around £10 million.

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=44988.msg1340075#msg1340075 date=1306582920]
Jones
Konchesky
Cole
Jovanovic
Kyrgiakos
Maxi
Ngog
Poulsen
Aquilani
Degen
El Zhar
Insua

Any rumours going about where some of this lot might end up at?

[/quote]

The same vetenarian that Boxer was sent to in Animal Farm wouldnt be good enough for most of them!!

Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira has told suitors Liverpool and Manchester City that Fabio Coentrao will only be allowed to leave for £26m.

The attack-minded Portugal left-back has been linked with a summer move to the North-West rivals, with Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayern Munich also reported to be interested.

But Benfica are unwilling to allow Coentrao to leave for anything less than £26million.

The club's president, Luis Filipe Vieira, told Portuguese media: "Coentrao can only leave if a club pays 30m euros, which is his value in the market."

Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha has reported that Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has already agreed a deal for Coentrao.

But Real and Manchester City would have the financial clout to outbid the Anfield outfit if it becomes clear that the 23-year-old is available.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44988.msg1339963#msg1339963 date=1306541535]
I absolutely fucking despair that some of you are happy to sign mediocre cunts like Joey Barton.

Our fans have become conditioned to fucking losing.

How in the name of good fuck are ordinary chumps like him going to move us from 6th to 1st?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? We've been making these same wank-arsed signings for 20 years and done nothing. We're actually getting further and further away from winning anything at all, and this is a "shrewd signing"?

DEFINE SHREWD.

Tell me how this is going to advance us in any way? I'd love to know.

It's a pointless, shit waste of time signing. This cunt wasn't even good enough to get into Newcastle's centre midfield, so they shunted him out right where he hangs around until a set piece needs to be taken or someone needs to be punched. He's fucking junk, and it's a waste of our time.

Fucking get with it people. Let's stop acting like losers.
[/quote]

So speaks one of Lucas's biggest champions

regards

I think what a lot of people are aware of, but for some reason want to stick their head in the sand over is the fact the squad is , and has been for some time very thin, picked up very early on by John Henry, players like Barton at the right money serve to address that problem. I happen to think he is actually a decent little player, yes a bit of a Huyton buck, but so what. I agree with those who say he is a better option than Lucas and Spearing, so would he improve the squad? ...Yes he would Is he nailed on as a first choice?..... probably not, but that depends on how he performs.

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44988.msg1340125#msg1340125 date=1306598744]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44988.msg1339963#msg1339963 date=1306541535]
I absolutely fucking despair that some of you are happy to sign mediocre cunts like Joey Barton.

Our fans have become conditioned to fucking losing.

How in the name of good fuck are ordinary chumps like him going to move us from 6th to 1st?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? We've been making these same wank-arsed signings for 20 years and done nothing. We're actually getting further and further away from winning anything at all, and this is a "shrewd signing"?

DEFINE SHREWD.

Tell me how this is going to advance us in any way? I'd love to know.

It's a pointless, shit waste of time signing. This cunt wasn't even good enough to get into Newcastle's centre midfield, so they shunted him out right where he hangs around until a set piece needs to be taken or someone needs to be punched. He's fucking junk, and it's a waste of our time.

Fucking get with it people. Let's stop acting like losers.
[/quote]

So speaks one of Lucas's biggest champions

regards
[/quote]

I almost quiffed !

Quite. I despair that people seem to think we're in a position to litter the squad with World Class quality - and the bench too.

Barton is just a link in the press, like Dann and a million others, we're also linked with people like Naymar, which might be equally plausible, or just bollocks. We need to improve the team AND the squad.

Lucas hasn't stubbed out a cigar out on youth teamers face, been convicted for assault twice (once on a team-mate) or punched an opposition player and then claim he'd dived.

Oh, and he's not an improvement on Lucas either.

[quote author=Boozer link=topic=44988.msg1340142#msg1340142 date=1306601731]
Lucas hasn't stubbed out a cigar out on youth teamers face, been convicted for assault twice (once on a team-mate) or punched an opposition player and then claim he'd dived.

Oh, and he's not an improvement on Lucas either.
[/quote]

He's a better player than Lucas and I'm a bit a fan of the lad anyway, I agree about Barton's behaviour though, it's got to be a concern.

Barton is a decent squad option. Its laughable that some respected posters are blinded by his conduct.

Doesn't make him a poor footballer just a fallible man who makes mistakes like Gerrard and Giggs has.

It's also good to have a bit of nasty in the team.

Somebody who will get stuck in when the tide is turning against the team and rile up opposition. Takes the focus off the creative types for a few minutes.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=44988.msg1340145#msg1340145 date=1306602678]
Barton is a decent squad option. Its laughable that some respected posters are blinded by his conduct.

Doesn't make him a poor footballer just a fallible man who makes mistakes like Gerrard and Giggs has.
[/quote]

With all due respect, fuck off.

Comparing what he's done to digging a lad in a pub, & sticking their dick in another woman is just fucking offensive.

[quote author=Bradley link=topic=44988.msg1340147#msg1340147 date=1306602914]
It's also good to have a bit of nasty in the team.

Somebody who will get stuck in when the tide is turning against the team and rile up opposition. Takes the focus off the creative types for a few minutes.

[/quote]

Problem is he's more than capable of doing it to his own team mates. Don't want him purely for his potential to disrupt the fantastic team spirit that seems to be building.

When was the last time he started any real shit?

It's been years, hopefully he's grown up a bit.

He's been at a few shite clubs, been relegated and will realise he's lucky to have been picked up by a massive club.

Why would we want Barton?

He's been a cunt to the public,team mates and the opposition.

He's not that good at football and will command a fairly hefty wage.

There are far better, less risky and cheaper players in the prem that we could get in.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44988.msg1340127#msg1340127 date=1306599121]
I think what a lot of people are aware of, but for some reason want to stick their head in the sand over is the fact the squad is , and has been for some time very thin, picked up very early on by John Henry, players like Barton at the right money serve to address that problem. I happen to think he is actually a decent little player, yes a bit of a Huyton buck, but so what. I agree with those who say he is a better option than Lucas and Spearing, so would he improve the squad? ...Yes he would Is he nailed on as a first choice?..... probably not, but that depends on how he performs.

regards
[/quote]

Well said Vlad.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44988.msg1340127#msg1340127 date=1306599121]

regards
[/quote]

Barton is a thug. You usually call dirty players 'thugs' but in his case he actually is a thug.
I can't believe people want a thug to join our club.

I wouldn't even call him a thug. He's just traditionally behaved like a nasty little shit. He obviously has or did have some issues. I don't want to speculate too much but he may have had a difficult childhood, or maybe he suffers from mania or something.

This being said, he's a physical player in the middle of the park, and his passing range and vision are actually pretty special. He's a very good footballer; miles better than Lucas.

I quite like Barton. I don't regard thim as some random psycho, I thought we'd moved on to better options though. Still, he'd be an interesting squad option against Stoke in the Brittania on a rainy december night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom