• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Salah Vs Mane - there can be only one

Prefix for Poll Threads

Pick one only

• Salah

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Mane

Votes: 58 82.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Simple really. If you had to pick one to keep who would it be.

Mane for me.

Ha ha. sorry Yossi isn’t on the list my friend.

I think Mane is still ascending and has far more responsibility on his shoulders defensively.
I think he's incredible and yah, I'd go for him.
Probably the most devastating winger we've had since Digger.

Mane for me. Salah does get indulged by klopp. I can see one of these guys leaving next summer

Marginal but...Salah. I love them both but Salah has that extra trick or two up his sleeve. It's no surprise to me that Mané's end product (goals/assists) has improved since Salah had that amazing in 17-18 season; teams have become so intent on stopping Salah that Mané has been afforded more space.

That's an important point that doesn't get brought up enough.

Personally, I feel like that Salah's devastating first season, where he exploded, was largely due to teams being intent on stopping Mane (who had just come off a great season) and us/Coutinho using Salah more.

Now teams (Napoli especially) have simply cottoned on to both of them as our threats and Firmino as the main provider. If you can close the central space with 3 or 4 at the back, don't allow Bobby any time to play or flick things through, defend crosses from our FBs well, be concentrated on set pieces, don't make mistakes at the back (or playing out), and don't commit too many men forward and get caught on the counter. Do all of that and you have good chance of getting a result.

Oh, I almost forgot. You've also got to mark Origi when he comes on.

In answer to the thread. Going for Mane. Don't think we've lost a league game he's played at Anfield, since he's been here.

Last edited:
Personally, I feel like that Salah's devastating first season, where he exploded, was largely due to teams being intent on stopping Mane (who had just come off a great season) and us/Coutinho using Salah more.

Now teams (Napoli especially) have simply cottoned on to both of them as our threats and Firmino as the main provider. If you can close the central space with 3 or 4 at the back, don't allow Bobby any time to play or flick things through, defend crosses from our FBs well, be concentrated on set pieces, don't make mistakes at the back (or playing out), and don't commit too many men forward and get caught on the counter. Do all of that and you have good chance of getting a result.

Oh, I almost forgot. You've also got to mark Origi when he comes on.

In answer to the thread. Going for Mane. Don't think we've lost a league game he's played at Anfield, since he's been here.
In other words ... just be absolutely perfect in every aspect of the game ! Hmm you may be onto something.

@doctor_mac - who should I vote for?
Mate you know everyone is waiting to put the knife in you, just stay out of this one, and pretend the vote is conducted by the Iranian regime. You know if you say Mane, they will start tagging you the semi-arab hating jew. Its written in the stars.

Mate you know everyone is waiting to put the knife in you, just stay out of this one, and pretend the vote is conducted by the Iranian regime. You know if you say Mane, they will start tagging you the semi-arab hating jew. Its written in the stars.

It’s seems the vast majority on the Mane train.

Well apparently Mane is an even more devout Muslim than Salah by all accounts...

Simple really. If you had to pick one to keep who would it be.

Mane for me.
This is like asking which eye would you rather keep? We are lucky to have both. To choose Mane is to forget what Salah has done and to choose Salah is to ignore the incredible form Mane is in. Therefore the player I would most likely to loose is Lallana

This is like asking which eye would you rather keep? We are lucky to have both. To choose Mane is to forget what Salah has done and to choose Salah is to ignore the incredible form Mane is in. Therefore the player I would most likely to loose is Lallana

That’s like saying neither eye but you cut that hairy wart off my arse

Mane has the better all round game, but salah is more likely to get 2 or 3 goals in a single game.

People have short memories. Salah's scoring and assisting record is fucking phenomenal-- unparalleled! I love Mane, but not so long ago, after Mane's failure to pass to Salah when in the clear against Everton, there were fucking loads on here who thought Mane was costing us. These things go in strange little cycles. I love them both, and it is a fag paper between them, but I'm going Salah because you guys aren't showing him anywhere near enough love.

People have short memories. Salah's scoring and assisting record is fucking phenomenal-- unparalleled! I love Mane, but not so long ago, after Mane's failure to pass to Salah when in the clear against Everton, there were fucking loads on here who thought Mane was costing us. These things go in strange little cycles. I love them both, and it is a fag paper between them, but I'm going Salah because you guys aren't showing him anywhere near enough love.
Its definitely slight... but Mane's defensive solidity is epic for a inside forward/winger who can get you 20 goals in a season. Because of that I'd want Salah to be getting at least 10 goals more than Mane and to be considerably more efficient with the ball for me to choose Salah over him. That hasnt been the case since his first year... when he was significantly better than Mane. I also love Mane for his humble and grateful nature. I'm fond of any player like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom