• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sell/keep Lord Divock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Well-Known
I love Divock, but if a team comes in with a 30m or higher offer for him do we turn that down?

I personally like having Divock around especially for his crucial match-winning goals but there are some who say he doesn't offer enough. I also love that Dicock offers us a plan B with regard to his height and strength but is he good enough for us to seriously turn down a large enough offer?

He has been a saviour for us especially last season and in particular the UCL final, but he does go missing a lot in games and that is mainly due to being played out of position most of the time. If a team comes in with £30m + we should take but i feel it would be more £20m +.

He shouldn’t be in any position. The majority of the time he thinks far too slowly. If we get another forward in he will drop further down the pecking order. If/when Minamino improves he’ll drop even further down.

I don't like this thread at all or the question, and it has nothing to do with Divok as the cult hero. I have always liked him, and feel sorry that Klopp does not play him in that central strikers role when we desperately need a goal. As for the quotes about the games he has played and the output in terms of goals - I think some would be best to do that comparisons with other strikers who have had a similar amount of game time and then compare the goals/assists - for this season. If any of you guys think that we have some wonder kid in our youth waiting to replace him - think again as I don't think Brewster is any where near his level. I also think that Klopp loves the kid, and will want to keep him regardless of his current form (if you can say it's bad by giving him a few odd minutes of game time).

He's definitely not garbage, but he definitely shouldn't be asked to play in manes position.

Agreed... unfortunately, players like Origi are players born in the wrong era, 20 years ago they would have been straight up strikers but these days you got to be more than just a striker especially if you don't have a goal every two games ratio. Dany ings had the right idea, no point in hanging around for a sniff of a chance and then when you do get a chance its playing on the right or left of Firmino, he knew his limits and left. Hopefully if/when Origi goes he can find a club will to make him the focal point.

When he tore Everton a new one playing up the middle he was amazing, has he played there since? Is Klopp trying to be too smart playing him on the wing.

Last edited:
I'd like to keep him around if he's happy with a squad role and we actually play him as a striker.

That's the case even if Werner joins. Brewster looks like he needs at least 2 further loans to be ready for our first team, so there's room for 3 strikers on the books.

He's definitely not garbage, but he definitely shouldn't be asked to play in manes position.

Indeed.

I think he’ll go. He’s no good out on the wing against packed defences and Klopp clearly doesn’t want him as a CF.

If Klopp's clear he hasn't got a pathway into the team, we'll simply have to kill him off in a staged accident or something. No way could he ever line up against us, even if there's only the sliver of a chance of it happening.

Of course, we'll see his family right etc...

We should have sold last summer when his value was at its peak.
We would still get a decent fee today though.
So yeah, sell. I like Origi but he's not consistent enough.

We owe him a contract for life of some sort, give him some cash, but no, he shouldn't be playing for the club. Flog him and replace him with someone better.

Like the lad but no one in the right mind is paying 30m or more for him.

Didn't Valencia & Wolves refuse to pay 27m for him last year? He's reverted back to his demotivated self which is lowering his value.

All players need a run of games to show their worth, when Origi had that before Funes Mori fucked him he was looking like our main #9, you can't always expect
a player to come in every 3 months and perform straight away.

Obviouisly it's harder for him because our front 3 have (touch wood) remained injury free for the best part of 3 years now.

I’d keep him. He Is useful squad player, as a 3/4th choice for the occasional match. He has proved his worth in the barca and spurs games last season.

we definitely need better back up / replacement for frim.

This summer is one to focus on squad depth and quality competition for the starting places. The following are all likely to go for not being good enough or contract ending and will leave some good room for salaries, and maybe a little bit of help towards the summer budget.

Lallana - Free
Clyne - Free
Lovren
Origi

Positions to focus on getting back up or competition:

Left back
Centre back
A high quality striker - Werner?
An attacking midfielder

Sell inorder of priority
  1. Kieta (he makes Ox seem like Wolverine)
  2. Lovren (has brain farts all too often)
  3. Karius (if we can't get a fee, release him)
  4. Shaq (Injury prone and can't even make the bench)
  5. Grujic (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)
  6. Wilson (if he isn't good enough for the bench, sell him)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom