• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

She's dead

Yuck - imagine if your favourite row boat (or whatever fancy name you call them) gets damaged by Thatch's funeral flames, or your outboard motor gets clogged up with her ashes that have spilled out onto the river.

I'd resign my membership now if I were you

My boat is called Lord Walter Bramble III. Not so bothered by the outboard motor, the boat man can take care of that, just after he is done polishing my oar.

My boat is called Lord Walter Bramble III. Not so bothered by the outboard motor, the boat man can take care of that, just after he is done polishing my oar.

Lord Walter Bramble III was a pleb, it was all his father's fault for marrying that divorcee American.

There's really no point to this thread as it generates a lot of wind and piss, but nobody is going to change their minds. IMO it would have been better to leave it closed until Thursday when the funeral is over. :)

True. I think we've all pretty much said our bit now. I'm done with it. More important things to think about and discuss IMO. *handshakesmiley*

I also apologise for being a bit of a narky dickhead at times in this thread. It's a subject that winds me up a bit (obviously). I'm all vented out you'll all be glad to know.

Locked for a bit.. I think people have said their bit, thread done with imho

Feel free to start an Official Tory love in Funeral Thread for the witch.

I've just been to watch the procession - it was a very strange atmosphere. The crowd was half and half protestors and supporters. The "protestors" were chanting "Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. Dead, Dead, Dead" but were mostly drowned out by clapping and cheering from the crowds.

There was a Liverpool FC Banner (Dont buy the Sun) there and I thought the two guys with it were protesting in the best way - not shouting etc, just talking to those who came past their banner and letting them know why they were there protesting. They were big enough to avoid the disgusting chanting.

I'd say the majority of those chanting were under 30 so I don't totally understand their vehement protesting but i'm glad there was nothing more sinister but the day isn't over yet I guess.

I'd say the majority of those chanting were under 30 so I don't totally understand their vehement protesting but i'm glad there was nothing more sinister but the day isn't over yet I guess.

I think the words of Jesus on the cross are particularly appropriate.

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Charles Moore, once editor of the telegraph and Sundays telegraph, and now 'official thatched biographer ' has just said on 5live I quote Thatcher is reviled in parts of the country that are less important end quote

I got asked multiple times to give interviews to news crews - I must *look* Tory!

For the record, I neither clapped/ celebrated or booed. I went out to pay my respects but was aware that although she is one of the main reasons the UK is the economic power it is today, she caused a lot of unrest and there were some (only a few though) around me who were legitimatley directly affected by this and I thought it would be a bit rude to cheer in their presence. That was at least my own thinking behind it.

Like I said, very strange crowd to be in.

So has anybody got confirmation that's her inside the box?

Maybe they've encased her in carbonite?

Also are they going to pour cement in to the grave - just in case we reach the apocolypse and we get "the dead shall rise" stuff - rather not have that old bat running around chomping on people.

I got asked multiple times to give interviews to news crews - I must *look* Tory!

For the record, I neither clapped/ celebrated or booed. I went out to pay my respects but was aware that although she is one of the main reasons the UK is the economic power it is today, she caused a lot of unrest and there were some (only a few though) around me who were legitimatley directly affected by this and I thought it would be a bit rude to cheer in their presence. That was at least my own thinking behind it.

Like I said, very strange crowd to be in.

You acted like that because you're a respectful, generous, and thoughtful individual.

Charles Moore, once editor of the telegraph and Sundays telegraph, and now 'official thatched biographer ' has just said on 5live I quote Thatcher is reviled in parts of the country that are less important end quote

That sums up your average tory anyway.

Back
Top Bottom