• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

She's dead

Charles Moore, once editor of the telegraph and Sundays telegraph, and now 'official thatched biographer ' has just said on 5live I quote Thatcher is reviled in parts of the country that are less important end quote

Isn't that typical. Parts of the country that became less important (if that means economically crippled, and it does) under Thatcher's watch.

Ha. If you believe in that man in the sky nonsense then at least you can believe the old cunt will be burning in hell right now.

I've been reminded of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn a lot this morning, and in particular: 'A great disaster had befallen Russia: Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'

So has anybody got confirmation that's her inside the box?

Maybe they've encased her in carbonite?

It's probably the spitting image puppet of Thatcher inside the box, the real one is out roaming the moors!

I've been reminded of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn a lot this morning, and in particular: 'A great disaster had befallen Russia: Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.'

She wasn't a man. I doubt she was human either, but she definitely wasn't a man, & she wasn't a true believer in god, as no one with that belief could have done what she did.

She wasn't a man. I doubt she was human either, but she definitely wasn't a man, & she wasn't a true believer in god, as no one with that belief could have done what she did.

What she did was to rescue Britain from what seemed like a terminal state of post-colonial decline, and make it into a successful modern country. Many people like myself who never voted for Margaret Thatcher are grateful to her for that. :)

Like I said, very strange crowd to be in.

Yes, I thought so as well. When the procession started further up the road all you could hear was the faint sound of rather sinister music and the chanting of the protesters.

When it got closer it was a bit different because the clapping and cheering started and drowned out the chants.

As you say, there were a lot of young protesters, a lot of whom were not even born when she was in office, and also quite a few foreign protesters. I don't really get how either group were so angry.

What she did was to rescue Britain from what seemed like a terminal state of post-colonial decline, and make it into a successful modern country. Many people like myself who never voted for Margaret Thatcher are grateful to her for that. :)

Right. Cos that's all she did. You ask the residents of Doncaster, Hatfield or any other area she decimated & tore apart whether they're grateful.

I'm sure supporting pinochet & apartheid were also the actions of a god fearing individual too.

She was a heartless cunt who seemed to think jumping on the us bandwagon of capitalism solves everything cos only those who are running a business or who are prepared to work with whatever shitty conditions the business owners give them are worth bothering with, let the rest of the country rot.

When will the BBC be running a day of advertising for other political parties?

That Maggie, she was great wasn't she seems to have been the stance from the coverage.

Right. Cos that's all she did. You ask the residents of Doncaster, Hatfield or any other area she decimated & tore apart whether they're grateful.

I'm sure supporting pinochet & apartheid were also the actions of a god fearing individual too.

She was a heartless cunt who seemed to think jumping on the us bandwagon of capitalism solves everything cos only those who are running a business or who are prepared to work with whatever shitty conditions the business owners give them are worth bothering with, let the rest of the country rot.

It's difficult to know where to start to counter this kind of bluster, because it's just wrong . . . . but I realise you will never accept that. Like many others, you are distilling complex events into a simple but completely wrong mythology.

One easy point to make is that Thatcher never supported apartheid and worked with Commonwealth leaders towards dismantling that hateful philosophy.

It's difficult to know where to start to counter this kind of bluster, because it's just wrong . . . . but I realise you will never accept that. Like many others, you are distilling complex events into a simple but completely wrong mythology.

One easy point to make is that Thatcher never supported apartheid and worked with Commonwealth leaders towards dismantling that hateful philosophy.

Well most of my father's family worked in Hatfield, so no, I won't accept any of that bollocks spoken by someone who hasn't sat listening to people they love in tears about what that vile creature did to them & their entire community.

The befriending of Pinochet was disgraceful but it's not true that she supported apartheid.

People go on about the damage done to mining communities but hardly ever acknowledge that that had been going on since the 50s, and at a faster rate.

That Maggie, she was great wasn't she seems to have been the stance from the coverage.

Not sure its great advertising though.

The funeral coverage reminded me of Spitting Image from the 80s. Most of them have actually started to look like their puppets now too.

759108207.jpg

Cheers SR, I'll check it out later

It's only 30s long.

Basically she made a funny because the press were lashing her over U-turns.

She said "You turn if you want to *pause for laughter and applause* The Lady's not for turning".

Cloggy's post was fucking genius. Not a dig, so it has universal appeal, just pure brilliance.

I'll stop sucking his cock now

Well I've seen, experienced myself and heard from others what damage was wrought as a result of Thatcher and her policies. So did you, but I refuse to tell people I know better, or dismiss it as bluster or be taken in by revisionists.

If millions of people are moved to party and protest and show contempt, some even at a funeral; when it's never been seen before, does that not tell you that your 'truths' might, just might, be worth a bit more consideration before you start telling people they're wrong.

She's history now and soon some of those now eulogising her will be; those ones that thought she was so great they got her sacked. Good riddance to her and her foul legacy.

Well personally I think they needed to redress the balance a bit after Monday's Panorama described the North Korean regime as 'right wing' (!!!)

Good riddance to her and her foul legacy.

Well I don't think her 'legacy' is going anywhere for a while now, is it?

Given that the electorate has continued to elect broadly centre right governments since she left office and show no sign of stopping.

Back
Top Bottom