• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Shoot!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
But surely the player in question, Gomez, knows it’s done for the comedic value because everyone knows he’s absolutely shit at shooting. If he’s affected by this and feels the need to shoot every time, that’s some week mentality and he needs to visit a doctor.

Ahem… every single basketball player of all ages in all levels.

Google crazy distractions for free throw shooters…

Its fucking retarded; was funny the first time, but that was it ... the 3,471st shout of "shoot" was tiresome

It's got to the point where if we are a few goals up and get a penalty. I think we should just give it to Gomez.

There is a behind the scenes video from like 5-6 years ago where a bunch of players are doing a free kick challenge i.e. trying to hit targets and top bins... Gomez won, against Trent and others.

I find it crazy he hasn't yet just slotted one in, given he has good ball striking ability.

The Kop will go mental if he scores in front of them.

It's a bit amateurish now from the fans, I assume they won't do it in a league game or CL game. Just for the cups if they are going to persist with it.

There is a behind the scenes video from like 5-6 years ago where a bunch of players are doing a free kick challenge i.e. trying to hit targets and top bins... Gomez won, against Trent and others.

I find it crazy he hasn't yet just slotted one in, given he has good ball striking ability.

The Kop will go mental if he scores in front of them.
Here it is.
I recall being very pleasantly surprised at the time and I think about it whenever he lines up for a shot.

View: https://youtu.be/zr7owcBQD64?si=lfkCHM24fwTwN8Wp

All he has to do is score, then it stops. Until then it won't, nothing more to it than that. Fans shouting "shoot" isn't new either, we do it with other players if we see the opportunity present itself, but it has become a bit of a meme with Joe because we're all wondering when/if the first goal will come.

Tbh I don't even see why it's a talking point or why people are so sensitive to it, focus on the performance and the result and move on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom