• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

slightly worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_maradona

Very Active
it looks like we could be spending at least half of our transfer revenue on an unknown spanish lad (who promises to be good) and a goalie who doesn't seem to be an improvement on our current one. Am I being too glass-is-half-empty?

it looks like we could be spending at least half of our transfer revenue on an unknown spanish lad (who promises to be good) and a goalie who doesn't seem to be an improvement on our current one. Am I being too glass-is-half-empty?

Or you could argue that we will be buying both of them with the money from Carroll so our transfer kitty is untouched for the main targets

You don't even know what our kitty is. People presumed last season that we had X amount to spend, we spent that, spent some more then bought big again January. It's two and half months away from the end of the transfer window. YES.

Lads have a little faith in BR and a little patience to wait until the end of the summer. They are obviously prepared and have their targets. But actually getting players is a long and winding road. I'd say Carroll is holding out for a last minute loan move back to NUFC. I hope we will be making clear that isn't going to happen. That's my only worry right now about BR and FsG

I 'm quite pleased with what I've heard/seen so far. We haven't had more than one keeper for bloody years. Thank god Reina has been almost ever present. So mignolett as competition is very good news (Pepe needs to stay obviously).

Replacing Caroll with Aspas and Alberto (and change) is also great news. We then have Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas, Borini and Alberto. Not a bad lot to pick from!

Finally we have got a Carra replacement (Toure) for free and seem to be looking for another top class greek defender to join Agger, Skittles and Toure. Not a bad CB squad to my mind.

That should be about our budget spent.

If any of Suarez, Pepe and/or Skittles leave then I would expect us to get serious wonga for them and buy, as close as possible, like for like replacements (on lower wages).

Good early work in the transfer window, good new recruits and work being done to cover potential leavers.

I think the club is behaving very capably.

The only thing that's slightly worrying is that we haven't sold anyone yet, but then again the window hasn't opened yet.

I wish we could buy Isco, he's great. Scored a sublime goal a minute ago for Spain under 21s after dazzling all the game.

The only thing that's slightly worrying is that we haven't sold anyone yet, but then again the window hasn't opened yet.

That is a worry.

Carroll is stalling, I can't see where Reina is going .... Madrid may prefer Cavani to Suarez

Bloody hell. Has anyone told this dickhead that the transfer window opens on the 1st July?

:mad:

Bloody hell. Has anyone told this dickhead that the transfer window opens on the 1st July?

:mad:
Focus on the post, not the poster. In anycase I was seeming reassurance from fellow posters, also, did you not notice 'slightly'. Why the aggro?

Summer of Spanish invasion?
BMY2eZ5CIAAV3bp.jpg:large

That's a bit much isn't it....
One senior player and a bunch of reserves.

Focus on the post, not the poster. In anycase I was seeming reassurance from fellow posters, also, did you not notice 'slightly'. Why the aggro?

Sorry mate - the tone wasn't meant to be totally aggro. I think its too early to be worrying - I actually think its been a positive period of speculation instead of lots of links to average mid table players! Also encouraging to see Toure agreed early as it shows that Rodgers and team are able to act quickly and decisively when required.

I am not worried at all about players coming in. A few years ago we were wondering whether or not we could afford to buy anyone at all (and when we actually did, it was debatable as to whether signing no one might actually have been the better option).

We don't really know how much we have to spend, but we are spending money, and we are being linked to some decent players. For me, that is encouraging.

The only thing that is slightly worrying is regarding outgoing transfers. Those are ideally the ones you want to see sorted early on in the summer, in particular the ones we ideally want to keep (or Suarez, basically)

Mate it's best to just ignore @Brizzle - He has a short fuse and can fly off the handle at the drop of a hat. Once in a restaurant someone opened a window so he killed the whole town! Serious. He's mad dog crazy!

When you take into account that we could be selling Suarez, Reina, Carroll & Skrtel (possibly).... then you realise we could make near 90M from those sales.... I wouldnt worry too much about the cost of Mignolet and the Spanish lad.

Sorry mate - the tone wasn't meant to be totally aggro. I think its too early to be worrying - I actually think its been a positive period of speculation instead of lots of links to average mid table players! Also encouraging to see Toure agreed early as it shows that Rodgers and team are able to act quickly and decisively when required.

appreciate your response mate, no worries at all. I was just venting but secretly seeking reassurance.

Well so far the transfer window has been encouraging and we're getting our business done early doors. Players coming in are by no means worldclass but who knows. They may surprise us. Giving BR and Ayre props for going in early to get the business done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom