• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Bolton.... (match thread FA Cup 4th round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling played like they'd dropped acid before the game. At least we're still in the cup!!

Fair play, they probably deserved a replay.

We played reasonably well but couldn't put anything away

Unfortunately, thats the way I saw it from the 9th minute. We did get a lot better as we started to take off our shit players. This is another game to chalk up to the striker crisis.

Well... According to the commentator that was hugely disappointing... Compared to about 15 of our games or so this season we were good!

Bogland kept them in it and we fannied around way to much but... I've seen us much much shitter than that this season.

The commentary I had was fucking dire. They kept on saying, "He should bring Lambert on now, the game's set up for him" even though we'd already made 3 substitutions.

The commentary I had was fucking dire. They kept on saying, "He should bring Lambert on now, the game's set up for him" even though we'd already made 3 substitutions.

Mine was talking about how we were poor and that we didn't deserve to win it.
From where I was sitting we had 69% posession, 24 shots (9) on goal. Bolton had no shots on goal and 7 defenders.
I thought we bossed it - looked really solid except for sticking the ball in the old onion bag. For me, that means we deserved to win it.

Ming - 6
Sakho - 6.5
Can - 7
Johnson - 6
Manquillo - 5
Enrique - 5
Allen - 5
Henderson - 6.5
Lucas - 6.5
Markovic - 6.5
Coutinho - 5 (disposed very easily and gave away possession all night)
Sterling - 4.5 (awful passing, in the first half especially, and terribly slow and poor decision making)
Lallana - 5.5
Borini - 6

I watched the city game through Fox sports US earlier & it was painful at half time.

"West brom-witch were two zero & their striker had his first mul-tie goal game for a long time. Boom!"

"and the referee gave a no call when it should have been a yes call!"

Etc etc. Completely over the top & made little sense. Our US based posters must get well pissed off.

Yeah, loads of that too. Said Hendo was never a penalty before the replay and as the replay demonstrated it clearly was a shove insisted it wasn't. Dreary voiced cunt, I know who it is at the back of my mind. Alan Smith?

Yeah, loads of that too. Said Hendo was never a penalty before the replay and as the replay demonstrated it clearly was a shove insisted it wasn't. Dreary voiced cunt, I know who it is at the back of my mind. Alan Smith?

Efan Ekoko (sp.) I think.

Thought we generally played well at the back, moving the ball and pressing, at least until we got the ball into the box. Then we got stuck as there were just too many white bodies in there and we just tried to overdo things instead of just taking a shot and seeing if we got a bit lucky with a bounce or deflection. Despite that, Bogdan still had to make several good saves to keep them in the game, and we wasted several others with some poor accuracy when we did have some daylight.

Kudos to Bolton - they fought hard for the result and had a bit of luck at times, but they also got a good dose of help from Kevin Friend. What a rubbish ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom