• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Bournemouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no point in Henderson being on the pitch if he's gonna be played at RWB.

Johnson out for a month.
Fuck knows who Rodgers is lining up for full back now.

Manquillo hopefully, fuck knows why he was dropped, he's been consistent and promising.

As for the match, I want to win this competition, lets go out and win it. Play Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho and Balotelli and appropriate others around them.

The main issue I have with that side is Henderson at RWB. He's not Gerrard, so good that he has to be found a place. Why is he in the team? Is Manquillo injured too?

M Balotelli Groin/Pelvis Injury no return date
G Johnson Groin Strain no return date
D Sturridge Hip/Thigh Injury 1st Jan 15
Suso Groin/Pelvis Injury 26th Dec 14
J Flanagan Knee Injury no return date

We've seen it all this season. Lazar at LWB, Henderson at LW, RW and then RWB. Johnson as the LCB as part of three at the back.

I'd keep it simple, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno at the back.
Play a DM to protect the defense (Lucas or Can).
Play Gerrard off the striker or rest him. Play a striker (I suppose Balotelli).
Play Lazar and Lallana.

Rodgers will have to go(assuming we lose tonight). He's totally lost it. He seems to be trying things for the sake of trying something different at this stage. He doesn't have any vision or consistency anymore, he's lost it. I don't know what's gone wrong with him, but I can't see anyway back for him now.

It all reminds me a bit of Martinez playing 3-4-3 for the last 10 games of the season at Wigan a few seasons back.

As the Premier League side, Liverpool are labelled the favourites by the bookmakers, with Sky Bet going evens on an away win in normal time.

Bournemouth are 5/2 to win inside 90 minutes but they were initially a bigger price before punters backed the Cherries in.

At 6/1, a penalty shoot-out is deemed more likely in this game than any of the other quarter-finals, with the hosts 11/1 to win courtesy of spot-kicks, while the visitors are 14/1 to advance via a shootout.

Once, again, where the fuck is Borini? Do journo's just not bother asking this shit? He's surely made for these sort of games and we have 2 strikers out injured.
I don't think any journo has ever picked him up and got an answer for his 'categorically' comment on Balotelli either have they?

Once, again, where the fuck is Borini? Do journo's just not bother asking this shit? He's surely made for these sort of games and we have 2 strikers out injured.
I don't think any journo has ever picked him up and got an answer for his 'categorically' comment on Balotelli either have they?

They have asked. Rodgers has given the standard 'I've picked a team I think can win, confidence in my players' etc line.

The main issue I have with that side is Henderson at RWB. He's not Gerrard, so good that he has to be found a place. Why is he in the team? Is Manquillo injured too?

You never replied to my demolition of Gerrard. Do you still think he is so good that you have to find a place, regardless? What is your take on him and what he has brought the team since the great 08/09 season?

As Buddha said :

The guy who leaked the Liverpool line-up at the weekend says it's 3 at the back again. Sakho still doesn't get a start, neither does Can or Markovic, and Sterling still doesn't get a rest.

BR has lost it.

If that info is correct, yep, he has.

You never replied to my demolition of Gerrard. Do you still think he is so good that you have to find a place, regardless? What is your take on him and what he has brought the team since the great 08/09 season?

I don't think he's so good that we need to build the side around him but I do think he's more than capable of contributing in a reduced capacity on the pitch. He's still got loads of talent and enough left in him to put it to good use. He just needs to be managed better.

I guess the problem is that at present it feels like we're in a situation where it's all or nothing with Gerrard. Even if Gerrard himself was agreeable to taking a step back, the media and the fans would make it hard, particularly if the team was doing badly. The only way it would work is if we had a manager that had enough about him to elevate himself and the club above that debate (a bit like the Van Gaal vs Moyes saga at Utd) and if at all possible, wasn't renting his accommodation from him.

Is Rodgers' really renting from Gerrard? Could he not have sorted his own place instead of living in one of his player's houses?

I don't think he's so good that we need to build the side around him but I do think he's more than capable of contributing in a reduced capacity on the pitch. He's still got loads of talent and enough left in him to put it to good use. He just needs to be managed better.

I guess the problem is that at present it feels like we're in a situation where it's all or nothing with Gerrard. Even if Gerrard himself was agreeable to taking a step back, the media and the fans would make it hard, particularly if the team was doing badly. The only way it would work is if we had a manager that had enough about him to elevate himself and the club above that debate (a bit like the Van Gaal vs Moyes saga at Utd) and if at all possible, wasn't renting his accommodation from him.

Damn, Keni. You need a new subtext: Am I being too reasonable? ;~]

You are very balanced and probably spot on in many ways - as always. Rodgers have to take charge on this matter and force the issue if he wants to survive, regardless of the media and fans, right. He had the chance to slowly fade SG last season when he was in the ultimate power position. If he insists on playing SG in the XI we will keep losing and he will be out of a job - soon. That's how bad I think it is.

My LFC team would rarely, if ever, see Gerrard before the 60 min mark and NEVER at DM/HM. Like I said: I think Gerrard is the worst DM/HM this club has had since I started watching in 77. Where did we employ Diao? It's a close race regardless. He was a great player in the free roaming attacking role but since 09 and the injuries that followed we haven't seen anywhere near that quality. A steady decline if you will. The 2010 version of Gerrard and forward has been one of the most overrated players in the game.

As someone here wrote we have been sentimental about this decline - as per usual. The Liverpool way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom