• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So Bournemouth (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence why I wrote DM. He has been employed infront of the back 4 - surely we can agree on that much?!

Rodgers will have to go(assuming we lose tonight). He's totally lost it. He seems to be trying things for the sake of trying something different at this stage. He doesn't have any vision or consistency anymore, he's lost it. I don't know what's gone wrong with him, but I can't see anyway back for him now.

Sounds like I'm just about on my own in liking that team.

I'd like to have seen Coutinho in the starting 11 and Henderson not anywhere near them but otherwise I'd be happy with that.

I guess Can is unlucky but I'd like to see him start alongside Lucas in a deeper role but don't think that is necessarily applicable against Bournemouth.

Happy to see Markovic starting.

Hence why I wrote DM. He has been employed infront of the back 4 - surely we can agree on that much?!

Last season and the first part of this season he was certainly employed in a DM role but certainly not with the purpose of breaking up the play. He has to do some of that but that's not the purpose Rodgers had in mind when asking him to play there.

Sounds like I'm just about on my own in liking that team.

I'd like to have seen Coutinho in the starting 11 and Henderson not anywhere near them but otherwise I'd be happy with that.

I guess Can is unlucky but I'd like to see him start alongside Lucas in a deeper role but don't think that is necessarily applicable against Bournemouth.

Happy to see Markovic starting.

I'm more talking about having three at the back than anything else. The personnel are much of a muchness as far as I'm concerned. I'm concerned that Rodgers doesn't seem to have a plan for how to get us out of this mess, he's just trying X because Y isn't working.

He may be changing things behind the scenes, and if he is then great, but what he's said and from what we can see, he looks in over his head.

Last season and the first part of this season he was certainly employed in a DM role but certainly not with the purpose of breaking up the play. He has to do some of that but that's not the purpose Rodgers had in mind when asking him to play there.

Ahhh, dont agree with that. He was in the engine room and required to do exactly that when we were off the ball - as a DM/HM. Regardless of what Rodgers had in mind.

But your sentiment goes a long way in terms of describing the deficiency in our defense. Because he certainly never did those things.

B5E9veYCEAAoUsj.jpg

With all due respect....why?

In my opinion he's the best option. Never been fazed when asked to step up through the respective age groups and when he was asked, he contributed more than Allen, Can and Lucas altogether all season in 78 mins.

Ah well, it doesn't matter anyway now.

The forward line is what we've been needing to do for a long time now but the team overall... what the hell.

Damn, Keni. You need a new subtext: Am I being too reasonable? ;~]

You are very balanced and probably spot on in many ways - as always. Rodgers have to take charge on this matter and force the issue if he wants to survive, regardless of the media and fans, right. He had the chance to slowly fade SG last season when he was in the ultimate power position. If he insists on playing SG in the XI we will keep losing and he will be out of a job - soon. That's how bad I think it is.

My LFC team would rarely, if ever, see Gerrard before the 60 min mark and NEVER at DM/HM. Like I said: I think Gerrard is the worst DM/HM this club has had since I started watching in 77. Where did we employ Diao? It's a close race regardless. He was a great player in the free roaming attacking role but since 09 and the injuries that followed we haven't seen anywhere near that quality. A steady decline if you will. The 2010 version of Gerrard and forward has been one of the most overrated players in the game.

As someone here wrote we have been sentimental about this decline - as per usual. The Liverpool way...

I think it's Cloggy that tends to make the point that Rodgers isn't really that interested in playing a DM and it seems to ring true. Rodgers sees Gerrard as someone who can orchestrate play rather than someone who will break it up.

I can't really identify with this idea that Gerrard has offered very little in the last 5 years to the point that I'm not quite sure where to begin with it. That's why I didn't address it in my last post. And to compare him to one of the worst midfielders we've ever had at the club in Diao is surely just needless sensationalism.

He has declined, as you say, and he needs to be managed better as a result.

Looks like your standard 3-3-3-1 formation:

--------------Jones----------------
-----Kolo---Skrtel---Lovren----
--------------Lucas----------------
Hendo-----------------Markovic
--Coutinho-Gerrard-Lallana--
---------------Sterling-------------

Actually no, it must be 3-4-3:

--------------Jones-----------------
-----Kolo---Skrtel---Lovren-----
--------------Lucas-----------------
Hendo----Gerrard----Markovic
---Coutinho------------Lallana--
---------------Sterling-------------

Either way, the left side of our defense looks like a giant liability. Markovic will leave space behind him and Lovren won't consider it his responsibility to cover it. Can Lucas fill all the holes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom