• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So what does Rodgers have to do..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are advocating the Europa League over the F.A cup?
Strange

Why? We had a good run in both domestic cups this season. Next season a good league performance is a must, and the EL gives a fair bit of income.

Why? We had a good run in both domestic cups this season. Next season a good league performance is a must, and the EL gives a fair bit of income.
I just despise everything about the Europa League.
Playing shitty away games at half 5 on a Thursday night in some shitty Romanian city is wank.

Indeed. But after the horrendous league season we've had, I doubt he could do much worse..

I want some nice footy, get the home form back on track and a good run in Europe.

After the last few seasons some team selections that I can make sense of would be good.

better home form, more goals and less crazy selections for starters, pick players on form.

Top 3 is a chance, top 2 no chance. It will be a fight between about 7 clubs for 3rd and 4th.

I would like us to win the Europa league. Good practice for champions league next year for rodgers

to make it a successful first season?

With Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle all likely to strengthen further, not to mention Chelsea, is top 6 a realistic target for his first year?

Let's wait and see what the transfer kitty is and see what he does with it first.

Playing shitty away games at half 5 on a Thursday night in some shitty Romanian city is wank.

Yep, it's fucking shite.

Not to mention social killing Sunday kick offs all over the season.

I would rather win Europa league next year than either domestic one. It will be a great first Euro test for the gaffer and the Europa league is only shit until the semi finals, then it is not bad at all and worth winning. The Uefa cup was always a good cup, it's just the league bit that's pants.

Good experience

I would rather win Europa league next year than either domestic one. It will be a great first Euro test for the gaffer and the Europa league is only shit until the semi finals, then it is not bad at all and worth winning. The Uefa cup was always a good cup, it's just the league bit that's pants.

Good experience
It hardly done AVB the world of good

I want us to be in amongst the top 4 come Christmas. And if not qualifying for the CL, being close.
Money is being spent and I think with a few additions he will have a squad good enough to do so.
If he fails I would like Van Gaal to turkey slap him.

It hardly done AVB the world of good

for his example you can quote many others who have done well out of it. It is only the stupid league format that kills the early competition. If it returned back to all knockout it would be great.

Folks on here banged on about Rodgers/Martinez not having Euro experience, well here is a chance before we even try to get back in the CL

• Anything better than 6th place finish...
  • A real hunger to improve every game..
  • Not showing defeatist attitude or a victim mentality at any cost...
I'll be a very happy bunny with the above list...anything more will be a bonus.
We need continuity, and we can't carry on chopping and changing managers like we have done. That's what cuntish clubs like Newcastle do...

He has to get his ideas across. In a way that's more important than league placings, because that will indicate he has the required authority over the players to make a success of it.

1. Develop his style of football at the club
2. Integrate promising youngsters into 1st team squad
3. Decent signings + get Kenny's big money signings playing closer to the best of their ability

Any talk about cup competition progress and league position is too early at this point in time. Gotta see what the other clubs do and the extent to which FSG are backing him in his 1st summer transfer window with the club.

If he is not fighting against relegation in December he might have a chance to stay on

To paraphrase Blair on Mandelson: Rodgers must not rest until he makes us love Colin Pascoe.

3. Decent signings + get Kenny's big money signings playing closer to the best of their ability

Any talk about cup competition progress and league position is too early at this point in time. Gotta see what the other clubs do and the extent to which FSG are backing him in his 1st summer transfer window with the club.

Same for me.

I want top 4 and a good Europa run.

I'd rather win the FA cup than Europa but I'm keen to see how Rodgers does in Europe and I want to see him get some experience with an english team playing in Europe.

I'll also add that this target is eminently possible; Europa I'm maybe not so sure until I see Rodgers first efforts there but we underachieved massively in the league last season. I'm afraid I don't hold out much hope for Dumbledores army this coming season but what Roders has to do is simply turn around our form against teams that park the bus. That's what stood between us and a top 4 last season and I think it's exactly the sort of problem that his footballing approach will resolve.

A couple of good signings wouldn't go astray either.;)

I think this would be good. I'd be pleased with a top 8 finish (as long as we were in the top half of the 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom