• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont fucking see what we see in Rodgers.
Of all the potential candidates, hed be the one im least happy about.
Managed about 150 games total and been run out of town twice.
This years Owen Coyle is right.
Watford > Reading > Swansea > liverpool?!??
Its not even his frigging Swansea team.

We'll drive him out of town too. He has got used to it already.

I'd have Lambert and Martinez fucking lightyears ahead of Rodgers and I don't want them either.

i think the man deserves a lot more credit than you're giving him for what's happened at swansea but Im with you regarding the love that hes getting. i don't understand it. but then again the only ones that have said we're even interested are the media and the bookies so maybe he's not even a candidate!

Oh God we can't win. I think it is all about Van Gaal more than anything and who will dove-tail best with him, he will be the power behind the throne.
I am unsure if it will work or not , but fuck it we have to give it a chance whatever happens.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Oh God we can't win. I think it is all about Van Gaal more than anything and who will dove-tail best with him, he will be the power behind the throne.
I am unsure if it will work or not , but fuck it we have to give it a chance whatever happens.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Im just thinking, if its all going to be about van gaal then why not just give him the managers job! its all very pie in the sky and Im looking forward to getting some official news from the club to stop all this ridiculous speculation.

Brendan Rodgers is close to sealing a deal to become the new Liverpool manager.

Swansea boss Rodgers is expected to hold talks with Reds' co-owner John W Henry, and could be announced by the end of the week.
In a further twist, Wigan gaffer Roberto Martinez, who had been favourite for the Anfield post, is set to move to Aston Villa.

Henry has been impressed by the job Rodgers has done at Swansea, winning promotion to the Premier league and surviving comfortably while preaching attractive football, and feels the 39-year-old fits his template as a young, rising manager.

Rodgers spent Tuesday afternoon locked in talks with Swans chairman Huw Jenkins, who is desperately fighting to hang on to the Ulsterman, who watched Wales play their friendly international against Mexico in New York at the weekend.

Initially, Rodgers ruled himself out of the running for the Liverpool job because he did not want to be part of a beauty contest as Henry compiled a long list of candidates.
But with Henry arriving in England this week from his Boston base, the Reds are now ready to speak to Rodgers on his terms - although Swansea insist they have had no approach yet from their Premier League rivals - and hope for a joint unveiling of him and Louis van Gaal within days.

Rodgers earned his reputation as a coach under Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, but went on to become a manager in his own right at Watford and then Reading.
He was being lined-up by Tottenham as a potential replacement for Harry Redknapp, if he had been wanted by the FA as England manager.
But now Rodgers is set to take the reins at Anfield after Henry cooled his interest in Martinez.

Although the American was impressed by the Wigan boss when they met in Miami on Thursday, the Spaniard has misgivings about working under a high-profile director of football such as Van Gaal.

Martinez, who was greeted by a battery of photographers at Manchester Airport when he returned from his holiday in Barbados on Tuesday, is wary of interference from above and likes to be in charge of all football matters.
Latics chairman Dave Whelan is heartened to hear that Rodgers is now favourite and said: “I hope they sign him, but I have not heard from my manager yet.”.

That's exactly how I see it Vlad.
I personally dont like a DOF u dont see those red manc bastards with one do you. If FSG want Vaan Gaal it should be as manager. Martinez wants full control doesn't he? may be a stumbling block. Now I see why Brendan Rogers is favourite him as manager/yes man Van Gaal as DOF/power freak mayaswell be manager, it all makes sense now. Fuck that then Martinez as pure manager all the way for me then or only Van Gaal.

Van Gaal is a dislakeble prick. He coached Barca when i lived in Spain. if they won he sat in pressconfereces and bragged on in spanish... if they lost he sat next to a translater killing any critical question...

Rodgers, Martinez or Gaal.... we really became aston villa with the downing signing.?

Fuck off chairman Werner

Hey Vlad! I dont care like. If its Fat Bren i'll be a Fat Bren supporting assed motherfucker!

This IS our year.

Van Gaal is a dislakeble prick. He coached Barca when i lived in Spain. if they won he sat in pressconfereces and bragged on in spanish... if they lost he sat next to a translater killing any critical question...

Rodgers, Martinez or Gaal.... we really became aston villa with the downing signing.?

Fuck off chairman Werner

Black cloud alert

Im just thinking, if its all going to be about van gaal then why not just give him the managers job! its all very pie in the sky and Im looking forward to getting some official news from the club to stop all this ridiculous speculation.
Well there must be a reason for it Barry or they would not want to shell out millions in compo and another wage just for the fun of it, they have a vision, they are the current owners and it's up to them they can do what the fuck they like - Like it or like it not it's their game, they sink or swim by what they do, you just have to go along with it and presume they are going to get it right.
We also have to give everyone a decent chance, and all come back this time next year and see what happened. They did it the fans way last time and it went tits up, now it's their turn.
Just think back to the day when 99% of Liverpool fans were doing jigs in the street that FSG had taken over the club, as far as I can see they have done fuck all wrong since, apart from allowing themselves to be deflected from the original plan, and appoint Kenny.
In fact when you look at the marketing coups that they are unleashing all the time with record deals for this and that, I would say they are making a pretty good job of it thus far.
They can't help the speculation that's hardly their fault is it? Yhey are just going through a process of looking for a manager and in fairness it's only been 15 days since they sacked Kenny, and they seem to be close to sorting it.
Everyone was getting all twitchy about dismantling the management when Kenny, Cotton, the sports science and the marketing people went, they will (probably) have people in place for all the roles by June 1, that sounds pretty efficient to me.
The big thing for me in all this too is that we get a good figure head that is going to be Liverpool based.
I wouldn't be be too surprised if a Stadium naming rights sponsor gets pulled out of the hat sometime soon either.
Patience my children , patience.

regards

Hey Vlad! I dont care like. If its Fat Bren i'll be a Fat Bren supporting assed motherfucker!

This IS our year.
You have to think like that Andy, or we may as well all pack in and fuck off.
I would just love to see everyone get behind whoever it is and give them a fair chance and not slag them off with I told you so's at the first stumble, that is a wish to far though

regards

Fuck off chairman Werner

It's refreshing to see a sunny outlook for a change.

I wont do that. Simply because im hopeful whomever it is will get it right.
Benitez 7th
Roy/Kenneth - 7th
Kenny - 8th

6th would be progress ffs. Spiderneil could do that!

As ive said more than once, my excitement comes now because I believe we are about to see what the Owners intended to do with us when the took over. Kenny threw a spanner in the works but we are now where we are destined to be.
I'll go on the record right now and say no matter how bad it goes this year, NO MATTER, the new manager MUST get at least 2 years.
No kneejerk shit here.

Fuck off chairman Werner

Won't have to worry about Van Gaal being involved at LFC according to Chris Bascombe(by all accounts fairly clued up when it comes to football matters on Merseyside):

"Another significant factor is Liverpool’s cooling in interest in Dutchman Louis van Gaal, whose chances of an Anfield role have receded significantly as FSG have continued their structural review. It was swiftly established Roberto Martínez and Rodgers would refuse to work under Van Gaal if he was sporting director.
The Dutchman’s dictatorial reputation and determination to impose his own imprint on how the club is run would make it impossible for a young manager to assert his influence"

For me it's a simple case of we get whoever we get and there's no amount of debate that will change that. I've become all a bit ambivalent about the whole managerial thing now. You have to get behind the manager, team and club though. Being negative helps no-one.

If I understand the proposed system & structure correctly Rodgers would basically be in charge of training, have input on team selection & would make in game changes.

The rest of it, inc formation & tactics would be dealt with by the DoF. The 'coach' role is akin to an Assistant Manager in an English traditionally run team.

Well there must be a reason for it Barry or they would not want to shell out millions in compo and another wage just for the fun of it, they have a vision, they are the current owners and it's up to them they can do what the fuck they like - Like it or like it not it's their game, they sink or swim by what they do, you just have to go along with it and presume they are going to get it right.
We also have to give everyone a decent chance, and all come back this time next year and see what happened. They did it the fans way last time and it went tits up, now it's their turn.
Just think back to the day when 99% of Liverpool fans were doing jigs in the street that FSG had taken over the club, as far as I can see they have done fuck all wrong since, apart from allowing themselves to be deflected from the original plan, and appoint Kenny.
In fact when you look at the marketing coups that they are unleashing all the time with record deals for this and that, I would say they are making a pretty good job of it thus far.
They can't help the speculation that's hardly their fault is it? Yhey are just going through a process of looking for a manager and in fairness it's only been 15 days since they sacked Kenny, and they seem to be close to sorting it.
Everyone was getting all twitchy about dismantling the management when Kenny, Cotton, the sports science and the marketing people went, they will (probably) have people in place for all the roles by June 1, that sounds pretty efficient to me.
The big thing for me in all this too is that we get a good figure head that is going to be Liverpool based.
I wouldn't be be too surprised if a Stadium naming rights sponsor gets pulled out of the hat sometime soon either.

regards

I'm very patient Vlad and I actually trust the owners to get it right. As you say, we were dancing in the street when they took us over so we have to give them a chance to do it their way and then see where it goes from there. I'm really annoyed when i see/hear people giving out about the club, sayin that they are doing this too publicly, that they are taking too long, that they should have had someone lined up before sacking Kenny! When at the end of the day if they were doing the opposite, the same people would be bitching and moaning about that.

As we know, its all media driven nowadays and thats something that we'll just have to deal with I suppose.

regards

Would you be interested in buying a lovely set of Encyclopedia Britannicas, Vlad? I assure you they will prove very useful, as well as looking most handsome on the shelf!

You have to think like that Andy, or we may as well all pack in and fuck off.
I would just love to see everyone get behind whoever it is and give them a fair chance and not slag them off with I told you so's at the first stumble, that is a wish to far though

regards

I mentioned something about this the other day. Its as if some people (Liverpool fans included) want us to fail just so they can say "i fucking told you so". Its pathetic really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom