• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So who do we want/expect/hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned something about this the other day. Its as if some people (Liverpool fans included) want us to fail just so they can say "i fucking told you so". Its pathetic really.

There have always been a few like that on forums. Haven't you read any match threads?

A bloke in work once said to me about a piece of software; "the fucking thing's fucking fucked". I remember thinking at the time, "that's great fucking swearing, hats off".
And he smoked as well!

With a few quality additions on the playing side, i'll be really looking forward to going to Anfield next season compared to last(fair enough, no-one made me go).

Not be expecting miracles but i expect to see nice football being played, a system, and a pattern of play that can win games.

Rodgers wasn't my first choice by any means. Klopp or Rafa was my preference but Rodger's is a impressive Manager and i can see him working well with Steve Clarke who were obv together at Chelsea.

With a few quality additions on the playing side, i'll be really looking forward to going to Anfield next season compared to last(fair enough, no-one made me go).

Not be expecting miracles but i expect to see nice football being played, a system, and a pattern of play that can win games.

Rodgers wasn't my first choice by any means. Klopp or Rafa was my preference but Rodger's is a impressive Manager and i can see him working well with Steve Clarke who were obv together at Chelsea.

I still don't see Clarke rubbing his hands together and thinking, 'Great, someone who worked under me is now my boss - progress!'

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
In this job, you meet some young managers who have an aura. Paul Lambert has. Brendan Rodgers has. Polite but hard as nails. Class acts

I still don't see Clarke rubbing his hands together and thinking, 'Great, someone who worked under me is now my boss - progress!'

Meh, i'm he'll get over it for the Club's sake. Rodgers said before our final game of season at Swansea that he's in regular contact with Clarke. Really can't see there being a problem.

In this job, you meet some young managers who have an aura. Paul Lambert has. Brendan Rodgers has. Polite but hard as nails. Class acts

Louis and Brendan

bushwackers.jpg

Dem boys gonna kick sum butt

Im just thinking, if its all going to be about van gaal then why not just give him the managers job! its all very pie in the sky and Im looking forward to getting some official news from the club to stop all this ridiculous speculation.
Apparently he is gash at post match interviews so FSG has to have a media savvy manager? Apparently. Ah but then they could easily appoint Jen Chang to be manager to handle the media. Sorted. FSG should hire me as a consultant.

Meh, i'm he'll get over it for the Club's sake. Rodgers said before our final game of season at Swansea that he's in regular contact with Clarke. Really can't see there being a problem.

Really? It would be pretty extraordinary.

Oncy's post about Rodgers a few pages back is spot on.

If we're going down this young managers route I'd really prefer Lambert. I'd even have Martinez ahead of Rodgers.

wonder if they've looked at lambert , at least he knows what it means to play at the top level of the game .

Least this will all be sorted in the next few days. Its been a mess.

No it hasn't

Exactly!

I don't understand why people think it's been a mess. If FSG had been saying any of the stuff that's in the media then maybe the description would be accurate. But they've said nothing other than they are assessing candidates for the position of manager. I'm pretty happy with the way they've gone about it - interview to interview approach aside.

I'd also be pretty happy with Rodgers as I said on about page 100. Some say he's this years Owen Coyle but you can't deny what he's done for that Swansea team; they're punching well above their weight and have been doing so for two years.

The question of whether he'd be able to work under Van Gaal is a valid one. The question as to whether anyone could work under Van Gaal is a valid one.

Another question to consider is whether he can get the players at LFC doing the same as Swansea. You've got to be pretty fit to do that and I wonder how open to such a change in philosophy some of the higher profile players at Anfield will be. I know some will say get rid if they don't like it but the reality is that would take the best part of 3 years to sort out which I'm not overly keen on.

Is that genuine?

I said way back that something about Rodgers suggested he was tough enough to take the role where I had doubts about Martinez. Must admit I wasn't sure about Lambert though I'd be happy to see him linked with the role.

Rodgers has taken a cheap team into the Premier League and got them playing more attractive football than any other side in the league. He also seems to have an eye for a player too as some of his signings and loans would demonstrate.

Martinez has taken a Wigan side to 16th three years running (I think) after 3 years of previously finishing higher than that.

At least Rodgers has achieved something.

I'd certainly pick Rodgers ahead of Martinez and i think there's a chance that Rodgers could be the new Messiah. I think I'd marginally pefer Lambert (for reasons I can't quite explain, just a hunch) but I'd be happy with Rodgers and he would be the first LFC management appointee in a long time that I'd actually positively endorse.

They're all a risk though, the thing they all have in common is they play good football, with sides miles away from where we want to be. I do think Rodgers is the pick of the bunch though, and while it's a risk, it's an exciting one because he's young and ambitious and his team has stood up well against the best sides of the country for a fraction of the price.

If Van Gaal is appointed will Rodgers be able to work with him? It is going to be interesting if we can make this structure work. In a perfect world, the DOF/Manager/AM will form a boot room like collective. In reality, there may well be bitching and fucking war.

People keep saying it's not Rodgers team.

That worries me, but then as LvG, or however the DoF is, will be choosing the players, provided they agree on the same footballing principles you'd expect him to able to work with them & get them playing the same brand of football. In theory with greater parts the sum should be greater.

If Van Gaal is appointed will Rodgers be able to work with him? It is going to be interesting if we can make this structure work. In a perfect world, the DOF/Manager/AM will form a boot room like collective. In reality, there may well be bitching and fucking war.

And all right on time for the fly-on-the-wall series !

People keep saying it's not Rodgers team.

That worries me, but then as LvG, or however the DoF is, will be choosing the players, provided they agree on the same footballing principles you'd expect him to able to work with them & get them playing the same brand of football. In theory with greater parts the sum should be greater.

The difference being that if he hasn't bought the players at this level, and he's dealing with big egos who have played under more established managers with bigger reputations, he's approaching it a completely different way to giving confidence to a ready assembled average side that could just easily be fighting relegation with a different manager.

It'll be interesting, particularly if we get a well known manager as DoF, the issue for me is it just smacks of Houllier/Evans. People said from the off that someone will want the final say and it would cause friction, and it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom