• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton vs Liverpool 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We saw against Newcastle why Klopp prefers Williams. Phillips was MOTM against West Ham, so it was normal to wonder why we had not seen since.

The other night he was slow in the chase, poor on the ball and generally jittery, which made everyone around nervous. He didn't do a bad job, but Williams brings a lot more assurance to the back line and most closely resembles Matip with his calmness and distribution.

Yes, with a couple years more experience and another 10 lbs of muscle I think he'll be ready for this season.

I like him - but can we give him that couple of years experience and 10lbs of muscle by next Saturday ? - think it is very important - I can help him on the 10lbs - by cooking him some really fat content curry's but the couple of years experience - can we change the kids Netflix schedule to just a series of vids on the greatest defenders that ever lived and played the game ?

On another note - cannot contemplate losing or getting another draw against Southampton.

McCarthey will miss the game for Soton, positive Covid test.
Fraser Forster to play the game of his life tomorrow.

Tricky game but we will win it. I expect a decent reaction from the team after the last two results

I think the change in style & effectiveness that Thiago had last game means he will start. If so, I see this being a great game for us. It would also give Gini the option of being used as the more attacking of the three (or Jones)

-------------Alisson-------------
TAA--Williams--Fabs--Robbo
--------Hendo---Thiago-------
--------------Gini-----------------
Salah-----Bobby-------Mane

So much positive vibes about Thiago, yet I don't remember him as a significant contributor in the game where we beat Bayern 3-1 at their place on the way to winning the CL - but he played in that game. Let's hope he has a good game.

I think the change in style & effectiveness that Thiago had last game means he will start. If so, I see this being a great game for us. It would also give Gini the option of being used as the more attacking of the three (or Jones)

-------------Alisson-------------
TAA--Williams--Fabs--Robbo
--------Hendo---Thiago-------
--------------Gini-----------------
Salah-----Bobby-------Mane

I think Thiago will play 45 tonight and another 45 against Villa on Friday. Then he should pretty much be up to speed.

So.... Is The Walking Dead starting in midfield or not?

Wasn't klopp praising Phillips today? Seems weird to then not play him

The problem with Rhys is imo his positioning.

Lacks pace over first 10-15 yards. Think Phillips was left to long.Breeds lack of confidence. Williams probably get the nod with Fabio and we will come under pressure. TAA needs to get a bit more serious with his tackles. Just as long as the front 3 do their bit and Thiago starts I fancy a 1-3 win.

I’m nervous for this game but I’m sure we can get 3 points must change the midfield from the Newcastle game with no real creativity but having Thiago in there will change all that, the shits behind us are building momentum.

It's probably going to be one of those games you need to come flying out the blocks and blast away for the first half hour or so. We can't let them settle. We need to seize the initiative.
Agree but we've not done this for a while, so hope we get our arses in gear.

Also hope thiago makes the impression we're all salivating for....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom