• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Southampton vs Liverpool 4th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like his attacking ideas etc but I'm not convinced on his commitment to cover runners etc. Hendo at CB along Fabio. Bit of a risk, doesn't show much confidence in Williams and Phillips does it.
Williams and Philips are unfortunately not good enough. Too soon for Rhys and Philips just isn't made for this level. League one /Championship level player.

Another tenner on Soton to win or draw. Like printing money.

I actually think they'll win outright, but I'm playing it safe.

Reading rumours about a loan move for Lucas who currently is out of favour at Lazio.

giphy.gif

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams.

Hendo at CB and Ox.
Hendo positioning qualities at the back....tbc. Also not too confident Ox can help cover mid for Thiago.

If it gets a bit nerrrvy...we could always set Div on them...or unleash yer man Xherden...Jones...ahh..played himself out of the team a bit.Thiago coming back is a boost. Would've gone with Milner rather than The Ox, covers a bit better and we might need a bit of extra cover.

I think Rhys has done well. Really surprised he's put hendo there.

Klopp often surprises with his team sheet, the little tinker!

Ox goal of a Thiago assist. Ox makes decent runs.

I'm not saying we'll win but wouldn't be surprised if this is how a goal comes.

Hendo has played centre back for us before. I saw him alongside Gomez against the Mexican team in the semi finals of the Club World Cup in Qatar.

Joe was immense though, talking Henderson through the game and covering for him. Having 2 midfielders at CB is a big gamble for any side let alone the champions.

I think we will be playing a lot of long balls over the top to catch their high line out, so Hendo pinging from CB makes sense

Just hope Ings doesn't bite us back. May have been a bit hasty letting him go. I like Ward-Prowse as well so we'll have to stay on top of them.

Watching our front 3 with extra interest. Bit off off late so we need one or two of them to step it up. Mo is due a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom