• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sterling to Man City.. Maybe Arsenal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross was spouting similar stuff about Suarez joining the Arse when they tried that £40,000,001 bid. As it happens he's often nicer about us than some of his colleagues, but there's no question he'll write what helps the Arse in a situation like this.

On a different note - I can't for the love of god understand how anyone could possibly want to join Arsenal. I mean, apart from being in London, what is the deal?
Well yes it is London which in my opinion is a fantastic city to live in. Also they consistantly qualify for the Champions league. They are also what I'd consider a proper club with a good history (unlike other cuntish London clubs I could mention) The Emirates (while being a bit quiet) is a beautiful stadium. I lived a stones throw from it and on the whole never had any problems with their fans. Personally I could think of worse places for him to go.

I could see him at arsenal but it would be a shit career move for him. More of a side step.

Plus, Wenger won't be around for much longer so that might have an impact.

I said it on here before anyone else.
Sterling can fuck off and I couldn't care less.
His end product simply does not justify any exorbitant wage demands at the moment.
He will leave and possibly become truly a great player, but it feels more likely that he will fall into the money trap, go to a moneyed team and stall his development getting splinters in his arse somewhere. Absolutely, unequivocally, not arsed.

@RyanBabel
Just read the news about the saga around Sterlings new contract offer got rejected. 0_o
I mean we still don't know whats fully true about it so lets not make a judgement yet..
But jeez if that's true... I would come back and play for a quarter of that Mr Rodgers lol #jokes

I was looking for one of those "here's a list of all the fucks I give" pictures to post, but then I decided I couldn't give a fuck, so I stopped looking.

tumblr_mrm1msnmuV1qa110yo1_400.gif

Enjoy him while it lasts. I reckon these are last games we'll see from him as we'll likely to sell him in the summer if he doesn't sign before long.

£50M is a starting point.

If he has rejected 180k per week then I don't believe he is rejecting the deal because he wants more money.

180k per week is insane money.

The only thing that makes sense here is that he is rejecting a deal from us, no matter how much we pay, because he doesn't think we can fight for the silverware he wants to be winning - eg: league title, Europe.

I think I read somewhere he said he will sort his contract issues out at the end of the season - which is basically saying, lets wait & see if LFC make the champions league or not.

I don't buy into the Arsenal link - if he is going to leave it will be to a big European club - Barca, Madrid, Munich's etc.

He hasn't been offered that amount. His agent has briefed the press that 'even if' he's offered that much, it won't clinch the deal. It's down to other matters: champions league, maybe, bringing in top names, possibly, and/or regular playing position.

If he has rejected 180k per week then I don't believe he is rejecting the deal because he wants more money.

180k per week is insane money.

The only thing that makes sense here is that he is rejecting a deal from us, no matter how much we pay, because he doesn't think we can fight for the silverware he wants to be winning - eg: league title, Europe.

I think I read somewhere he said he will sort his contract issues out at the end of the season - which is basically saying, lets wait & see if LFC make the champions league or not.

I don't buy into the Arsenal link - if he is going to leave it will be to a big European club - Barca, Madrid, Munich's etc.

I think Sterling could go there; he's from London originally, they guarantee CL football every year and play a game which would suit him. Like it or not, that shit is attractive to any footballer. Luis Suarez had to be convinced not to join them.

I'm surprised to see so many dismissing his intentions of wanting to join a club like Arsenal out of hand.

John cross being an arsenal fan, this article seems a bit wummy, especially the week before we play them

Agreed. Which was my point aswell. Shame its lost on the forum troll.

Cross might get some Arsenal info correct but also wrote the famous "Booom, Suarez agrees to join Arsenal". Where he said we had accepted a bid from them and the Suarez signing was imminent.

After that its quite understandable that Liverpool fans dont take him seriously.

My original point stands. You've little or no judgement and you're so transparent and childish.

If I like it, it's true. If I don't like it, it's all lies. Regardless of the circumstances.

In this case we have someone who is at best taking his time to sign a contract. It's entirely plausible his agent is testing the waters and Cross got wind of it (maybe by design)

You're calling me transparent and childish? Hahaha

Rich coming from a mod closing threads when he's in a bad mood, abusing posters he doesnt like and stays out of threads where he cant get anyone to bite when he's trolling.

Yes, I'm obviously the one who is transparent and childish.
Do your research on Cross and you might see why some Liverpool fans dont take his articles all to seriously.
If its reported by someone else its a different matter. Which has been my stance all along.

I like Sterling, he's a good player, and 'could' be great, but he's not great at the moment. It's like the hype has whisked him away into the elite bracket of the messi, ronaldo, suarez's of this world, and he's far far from that.
If he's been promised big wages , start every game, and champions league football elsewhere though, then fair play to him, as long as we're adequately compensated I couldn't give two fucks. Even though he was mental, I was gutted when Suarez left, he was the 3rd best player in the world, and an absolutely brilliant player. I wont be feeling that way if Sterling goes.

Enjoy him while it lasts. I reckon these are last games we'll see from him as we'll likely to sell him in the summer if he doesn't sign before long.

£50M is a starting point.

If we get offered £50 million for Sterling the world has truly got mental and we should snap their hand off, whoever it is.

You're calling me transparent and childish? Hahaha

Rich coming from a mod closing threads when he's in a bad mood, abusing posters he doesnt like and stays out of threads where he cant get anyone to bite when he's trolling.

Yes, I'm obviously the one who is transparent and childish.
Do your research on Cross and you might see why some Liverpool fans dont take his articles all to seriously.
If its reported by someone else its a different matter. Which has been my stance all along.

And the worst of it is, you can't block him cos he's a mod. Woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom