• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew he was something special when he was banging em in for Bolton, 8 in 12 games which is exceptional for the premiership and it was a matter of time before a big club snapped him up as the dozy chavs didn't want him. He can become a legend at LFC..

I thought he'd be ok but nothing special. I was underwhelmed when we signed him. I love how wrong I am most of the time...

I said he would be a massive success and couldn't believe people weren't more excited about the Coutinho studge double swoop.

Nice to card an eagle every now and then as I usually take a triple bogey

Ok, found it..

Understandably many Liverpool fans will be angry with Raul for the timing of his transfer request and also the manner he left, it should be noted that Liverpool are just as much in the wrong here as Meireles himself.

Upon signing for Liverpool, Meireles was handed a £30,000 p/w contract, with assurances that his salary would be doubled if he impressed in his debut season. When the time came round for contract negotiations, Liverpool simply refused to begin negotiations, leaving Meireles with a fairly modest £30,000 p/w salary which is fairly low for a player of his calibre and a broken promise.

The first three games this season have also indicated that Meireles may well have been told he will not be in any first-team plans under Kenny Dalglish this season and was to be considered more a squad player.

The prospect of more footballing-time and more money, alongside Champions League football at Chelsea would have been appealing to say the least.

Anyone know how bad the injury is?

Liverpool will assess the hamstring injury Daniel Sturridge sustained in the 3-2 victory over Manchester City over the course of the next 48 hours.

The 24-year-old was withdrawn after 66 minutes at Anfield and will be evaluated by the Reds' medical team.
Brendan Rodgers told his post-match press conference: "We'll see [how he is] over the next couple of days.
"He felt a wee bit of tightness in his hamstring, so we'll see how that is in the next couple of days."
Author: @James_Carroll8

Cheers mate. Hopefully it's something he can shake off by next week... I don't want us to have to replace both Henderson and Sturridge.

There was a few times during the game when he seemed reluctant to shoot, he was like that the last time he was carrying an injury, like he didn't want to let fly and risk pulling/tearing his muscle. Not a good sign with four games to go.

He seemed like he was trying too hard at times and overthinking it instead of just scoring. He could have had a hatrrick

Wanted it to much. Needs to calm down a bit and play his natural game.

A wee bit of tightness doesnt sound to bad. Fingers crossed.

I think the occasion got to him and he felt like he had a point to prove. If he'd scored that first one, he'd have had 3. However, his head went when he missed it.

Suarez will get us past Norwich - he loves them. Sturridge will come off the bench to score the winner v Chavs.

I don't think it was anything to do with the occasion. He was sub par and has been for a couple games now. Doesn't have the same sharpness. Neither does Suarez but he's still contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom