• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Succession planning, or lack of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be that 'i go to the match' guy, but i do, and the work he's putting in off the ball is beyond what anyone else is doing.

nah, that is fair game. but those two others are no lazy gits either.
I guess for someone paid in the world top 5, i expect much more, but it is not his fault either that the almost the whole team is shit now

Untitled.jpg

So, City midway through their rebuild. United at the start of theirs. Chelsea at the start of theirs. Arsenal midway through theirs. Newcastle well underway. Us and spurs left in the dust.

We need to replace 3 starting midfielders in the next 3 years, arguably 2 defenders, and a winger.

Who believes FSG will invest the needed 200m minimum for those 6 positions?

200M for 6 world class players ?

Unless you’re taking into account global recession and stagflation rates then yeah seems pretty reasonable, otherwise you’re having a laugh.

We need to replace 3 starting midfielders in the next 3 years, arguably 2 defenders, and a winger.

Who believes FSG will invest the needed 200m minimum for those 6 positions?

We've been signing two starters in each of the past 3 seasons, assuming we get that midfielder this January.

So, 6 new starters in the next 3 seasons is the going rate for us...

We've been signing two starters in each of the past 3 seasons, assuming we get that midfielder this January.

So, 6 new starters in the next 3 seasons is the going rate for us...

I don't think we're getting that midfielder in January

We could’ve wasted this season bedding in a new midfield and attack instead of this mess. It’s not like we can offer most of those lads a new contract anyway with their ages. Imo the expiries are well timed to the players probable decline but they also should’ve been a trigger to bring in successors.

When you look at the players we've signed you can easily see that we are in the middle of a rebuild as well.
Diaz and Nunez fit that profile. Our biggest mistake is not replacing Ox, Keita and Milner this season.
Spending money on 2 new younger midfielders that could carry on the pressing game and intensity in our play.
The midfield is probably our biggest weakness in terms of getting run over in games.

Chelsea have a scattergun approach, Utd spent 70 million on an old Casemiro and a free signing of Eriksen freshening up their midfield and Spurs will be looking for a new manager next summer given Contes short termism and approach and not to mention that they are still rigid, turgid and pretty shite.
Its really only Arsenal that have been doing this pretty good in terms of planning for the future and getting the right players in. They got lucky that Pep decided to sell them Gabriel Jesus as that was the player they needed to take a step up. City can buy anyone and cant be compared to any other team in the league.

If we get our act together again in terms of transfers and the right players over the next two windows we'll be right up there again. It all comes down to if FSG will spend the money.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game but when you don't factor in the several players' fitness record (see: Thiago, Ox, Keita), don't react quick enough to address issues (see: late midfield signing), don't consider the fixtures pile up esp. ahead of WC (see: below) - who's to blame? Bad luck, poor planning, negligence, arrogance or what?

http://sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/premier-league-fixtures-2022-23.187689/page-2#post-2146377

Untitled.jpg

The irony of this video

When you look at the players we've signed you can easily see that we are in the middle of a rebuild as well.
Diaz and Nunez fit that profile. Our biggest mistake is not replacing Ox, Keita and Milner this season.
Spending money on 2 new younger midfielders that could carry on the pressing game and intensity in our play.
The midfield is probably our biggest weakness in terms of getting run over in games...

... If we get our act together again in terms of transfers and the right players over the next two windows we'll be right up there again. It all comes down to if FSG will spend the money.
Don't piss on the forum pessimists' parade. They are really enjoying themselves.

Like almost claiming an historic quadruple last season? It's mental and physical fatigue mate.

Which has become increasingly obvious both as the players continue with little rest, get older, and fail to have younger additions spell them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom