• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 4 you speak of… 2 new were signed and we’ll harvest 2 from the youths.

Besides… the 6 midfielders that left, barely count as 2.5 whole players.

I'd say probably 3 to 3.5.

Logically we should be getting one more midfielder really, but I think that would most likely be it.

If we were seriously intending to strengthen the defence too we would have moved Matip on (which IMO we should have done, but there we are. We didn't).

Didn’t we do this last season and wasn’t that much fun in the end.
Wasn’t everyone on here moaning about whom to sell first? We sold few of the chief suspects this summer. This season Salah, Trent and Van Dijk on top of the prime suspects to turn on.
I respect we want to live within our means but then we probably need to all also temper our own expectations of what we want to achieve this season along with fact whom will come after Klopp.
Last season we didn't sign midfielders so we were short in midfield and so had to over play the older players and it wasnt uch fun

This season we have bought midfielders, but lost a few, so we are short in midfield. The difference is that we cant fall back on playing Hendo, Fabinho & Milner as they don't exist anymore, so we have to play the exciting newbies and a bunch of kids that Jurgen will develop. We have an excellent front five, the best right back in the world who may become the best inverted right back in the world or the best midfielder in the world. We have fuck all to lose as we lost it all already

That there is excitement

Fuck it, no more signings.

Fuck off FSG, Fuck off Jorg, Fuck off recruitment team, Fuck off scouting team, Fuck off Pep and anybody else who's name isn't Klopp.

Let's fucking rolllllll....

F2oG3SqXgAAhhmK

6th place
Nah, winning the league.

We should go for it in our last pre-season game, doubt we'd look any worst defensively....probably not possible to look worst defensively. Extra man up top so let's see how the front press would work.

Nah, winning the league.

We should go for it in our last pre-season game, doubt we'd look any worst defensively....probably not possible to look worst defensively. Extra man up top so let's see how the front press would work.
Aha in la-la land sure

I'd say probably 3 to 3.5.

Logically we should be getting one more midfielder really, but I think that would most likely be it.

If we were seriously intending to strengthen the defence too we would have moved Matip on (which IMO we should have done, but there we are. We didn't).

I went with the following head count :
Fabs - 1 person
Hendo - 0.75 persons
Milner - 0.5 persons
Ox - 0.125 persons
Keita - 0.125 persons
Arthur’s probably in negative equity, in that him leaving actually increases our head count.

Thiago’s barely 0.5 of a person too - so we could fuck him off and no-one but the medical team would notice.

I agree about Matip too - but I’m not sure anyone would have paid any money for him.

The real travesty is that as a club run like it has no money we only sign players for 35m to 80m. Where are our value signings? We could be picking up 18-20 years olds for cheap from all over that our scouts discover. But it's almost like we should fire our whole scouting department to save money and just have a guy with a computer program that analyses FIFA, FM, game film and stats to spit out our targets. BC what we do doesn't take scouting...

Our wage bill is the 2nd highest in the PL a good £160m more than the Arse, yet we had the oldest average age squad.
We let players walk rather than sell them and we only sell them when they ask.
If the 100s of youngsters @King Binny suggests we will not go for any of them, instead we will find some marathon runner playing for scunthorpe United.
I know the club has scouts players, because Liverpool.com will often write about a player the scouts were watching but because our budget is tiny we can't afford to speculate like City or Chelsea.
Klopp isn't blameless, he doesn't sell players unless they ask, the owners signed off on paying players huge bonuses that left little room for additions.
So how can we be self sustaining?

Fabs - 1 person
Hendo - 0.75 persons
Milner - 0.5 persons
Ox - 0.125 persons
Keita - 0.125 persons
Arthur’s probably in negative equity, in that him leaving actually increases our head count.

Thiago’s barely 0.5 of a person too - so we could fuck him off and no-one but the medical team would notice.

I agree about Matip too - but I’m not sure anyone would have paid any money for him.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Henderson did play most games though, so would give him a 1, and Milner probably a 0.75.

One player who is actually available would cover all of the others combined with time to spare.

I wasn't even including Melo.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Henderson did play most games though, so would give him a 1, and Milner probably a 0.75.

One player who is actually available would cover all of the others combined with time to spare.

I wasn't even including Melo.

I think with Millie I'd put as a 1, as his versatility made him effectively worth 2 players; just the minutes weren't there

Baseless rumour. Just want to post it because everyone should be as miserable as me

Reactions: Raz
Darwin will score 20+ goals this season! He will have the last laugh

I’d be delighted if he did.

However - I’d take that bet on a £20 bottle of wine (losers choice what) that Darwin doesn’t score 20 or more Premier League goals for Liverpool FC in the 2023/24 Season.

Fabs - 1 person
Hendo - 0.75 persons
Milner - 0.5 persons
Ox - 0.125 persons
Keita - 0.125 persons

Sounds about right. This "we've lost 6 mudfish" is bollocks (autocorrect changed that and it's too good to bother changing back to midfielders).

Our wage bill is the 2nd highest in the PL a good £160m more than the Arse, yet we had the oldest average age squad.
We let players walk rather than sell them and we only sell them when they ask.
If the 100s of youngsters @King Binny suggests we will not go for any of them, instead we will find some marathon runner playing for scunthorpe United.
I know the club has scouts players, because Liverpool.com will often write about a player the scouts were watching but because our budget is tiny we can't afford to speculate like City or Chelsea.
Klopp isn't blameless, he doesn't sell players unless they ask, the owners signed off on paying players huge bonuses that left little room for additions.
So how can we be self sustaining?

Our basic salary has been around 160m at most, more than Arsenal but what have Arse won in the last 10yrs? This other figure of over 360m you are quoting doesn’t seem right, do you have the actual break down?

Got no issues with our salary at present, it has paid for success. We can’t expect not to spend required transfer funds and then also keep wages low. Otherwise we might as well be Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom