• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise you've just broken SCM right? BB being right is new ground, I imagine certain posters are having heart palpitations even as I type this.
Yep... its the end of the world... I and the other loons told people we would struggle for top 4 if we didn't get MFs. I and the other loons said Trent should play in MF.
Now I am saying give Klopp his 4-5 signings, and we will challenge for the league.

Yep... its the end of the world... I and the other loons told people we would struggle for top 4 if we didn't get MFs. I and the other loons said Trent should play in MF.
Now I am saying give Klopp his 4-5 signings, and we will challenge for the league.

TBf trent playing in midfield wouldnt' help our DM shitshow

Some of it will be staff (included in both ours and Arsenal's figures) plus bonuses (2022 was the nearly quad year).
Both numbers will also include player agent fee payments.
Manager and coaches earn big wedge too.
The gap will have narrowed in 2023, but the only available, reliable, official numbers are the ones I've quoted (although City's is probably bullshit for FFP-manipulating reasons we've discussed previously).

As ever, thank you.

Assume it is all staff, including part time staff.

It appears though that we employ a hell of a lot more people than Arsenal do. Not sure why that is though. You'd think it would be roughly the same for big clubs

As ever, thank you.

It appears though that we employ a hell of a lot more people than Arsenal do. Not sure why that is though. You'd think it would be roughly the same for big clubs

We have started to address that. Unfortunately it seems the first two positions we eliminated is that of a sporting director and a defensive midfielder.

As ever, thank you.

It's probably to do with outsourcing - so Arsenal may outsource their catering operations or do their retail via a licensing scheme, so they don't then employ those people, whereas we do. Some clubs actually put disclosures in their accounts about this (usually to say that their turnover would have been a lot higher if they didn't outsource).
I suspect we also have a more sophisticated commercial operation, which will employ a lot of people. Arsenal's commercial turnover is some way behind ours so they probably don't have as many people working in that space.
But you can probably assume those extra heads are getting something like £30k each on average, so it doesn't go a long way to explaining the discrepancy in the total wage bills.

Just on the account of the name alone, I want this One
[article]
Liverpool, Newcastle United In Transfer Tussle To Sign Ryan One

FOOTBALL
By Agency Report On Aug 5, 2023

Ryan One

According to a report by TEAMtalk, Ryan One is becoming a hot property across the Channel. The 17-year-old attacking sensation is a popular target for several Premier League clubs. And Liverpool and Newcastle United are competing with Burnley in the race to sign the Hamilton forward this summer.
Ryan One is a native of Coatbridge in Scotland and has spent his formative years in his homeland. Interestingly, the Scottish wonderkid is eligible to represent France on the international stage. But he has chosen to turn out for Scotland in age-group football thus far and currently plies his trade for the nation’s under-17 team.
READ ALSO: Son Target Of Racist Abuse Online After Spurs Loses Match To Man United
Meanwhile, One has been with Hamilton for some time and has made his mark in the club’s youth division. The 17-year-old attacking sensation has made 32 appearances for Hamilton Academical, scoring two goals. And the youngster’s progress has captured the attention of several high-profile clubs. Liverpool and Newcastle United are among the player’s prospective suitors.

Liverpool and Newcastle United are renowned for constantly foraying the market for prodigious prospects. And the Magpies have particularly been targeting young prodigies following the takeover by PIF. Such an outlook has meant that several teenagers have joined Newcastle United.
They have already secured the services of Garang Kuol, Yankuba Minteh, and others. And recent reports have linked Newcastle United with Ashley Phillips, who will likely join Tottenham Hotspur soon. Ryan One has now emerged on Newcastle United’s radar as they look to invest in a young forward.
READ ALSO: Arsenal Suffer Huge Injury Scare As Odegaard Picks Up Knock With Norway
As for Liverpool, the Reds have signed prodigies like Ben Doak, Harvey Elliott, and Stefan Bajcetic, among others. All three players mentioned above have already made their first-team debuts, with Elliott and Bajcetic featuring regularly. So Ryan One might fancy his prospects if he moves to Liverpool.
Meanwhile, apart from Liverpool and Newcastle United, the 17-year-old Scottish wonderkid is also a target for Burnley. And it will be interesting to see if the Hamilton whizkid moves to England in the ongoing transfer window. A summer deal will not be surprising, considering his potential.

[/article]

As ever, thank you.

Someones got to do all that monitoring and showing interest in players.

Not to mention the politburo of budget discussions and the committee to veto major signings

Just on the account of the name alone, I want this One
[article]
Liverpool, Newcastle United In Transfer Tussle To Sign Ryan One

FOOTBALL
By Agency Report On Aug 5, 2023

Ryan One

According to a report by TEAMtalk, Ryan One is becoming a hot property across the Channel. The 17-year-old attacking sensation is a popular target for several Premier League clubs. And Liverpool and Newcastle United are competing with Burnley in the race to sign the Hamilton forward this summer.
Ryan One is a native of Coatbridge in Scotland and has spent his formative years in his homeland. Interestingly, the Scottish wonderkid is eligible to represent France on the international stage. But he has chosen to turn out for Scotland in age-group football thus far and currently plies his trade for the nation’s under-17 team.
READ ALSO: Son Target Of Racist Abuse Online After Spurs Loses Match To Man United
Meanwhile, One has been with Hamilton for some time and has made his mark in the club’s youth division. The 17-year-old attacking sensation has made 32 appearances for Hamilton Academical, scoring two goals. And the youngster’s progress has captured the attention of several high-profile clubs. Liverpool and Newcastle United are among the player’s prospective suitors.

Liverpool and Newcastle United are renowned for constantly foraying the market for prodigious prospects. And the Magpies have particularly been targeting young prodigies following the takeover by PIF. Such an outlook has meant that several teenagers have joined Newcastle United.
They have already secured the services of Garang Kuol, Yankuba Minteh, and others. And recent reports have linked Newcastle United with Ashley Phillips, who will likely join Tottenham Hotspur soon. Ryan One has now emerged on Newcastle United’s radar as they look to invest in a young forward.
READ ALSO: Arsenal Suffer Huge Injury Scare As Odegaard Picks Up Knock With Norway
As for Liverpool, the Reds have signed prodigies like Ben Doak, Harvey Elliott, and Stefan Bajcetic, among others. All three players mentioned above have already made their first-team debuts, with Elliott and Bajcetic featuring regularly. So Ryan One might fancy his prospects if he moves to Liverpool.
Meanwhile, apart from Liverpool and Newcastle United, the 17-year-old Scottish wonderkid is also a target for Burnley. And it will be interesting to see if the Hamilton whizkid moves to England in the ongoing transfer window. A summer deal will not be surprising, considering his potential.

[/article]
I for one wouldn't mind it

Well there it is, a gossip column link for Mo to Saudi. Hopefully too little, too late or a season too soon.

More like try tripling it, 60mills a disgrace. Mo won’t push for it either because he and his agent knows that offer will be there for him even when he’s 40.

Saudi League transfer doesn’t close till mid September either. We may end up being truelly self sufficent this year and being net positive after all the transfers are done, remarkable.

Saudi League transfer doesn’t close till mid September either. We may end up being truelly self sufficent this year and being net positive after all the transfers are done, remarkable.
#FucktheFuckoffFSG
#MoneyPinchingCunts
#BargainBucketBasementFuckingSlimeballs
#DirtyLyingYankWanksLindasTittiesBetweenMyFaceCheeks

Not sure that's true, is it?

In the 80s we were probably not as wealthy as United, Forest, Arsenal, maybe even Everton.

We rarely broke any transfer records at that time, and I don't even think we had our first million pound plus player until 1987 - years after others had done so (and even that was funded by the sale of Rush).

We weren't poor, but it WAS different then. Aside from anything else, the squads were tiny. Most players played every week so it was easier to compete for clubs even if they weren't the richest. No club (before probably Blackburn in 95) was so much wealthier that they could buy a whole new team.

After that, the increase of squad sizes and the super wealth of owners really made things more difficult.

Beardsley knocked the transfer record out the park

Beardsley knocked the transfer record out the park
We also broke the transfer record for Collymore, and when we signed Nigel Clough, he was one of the most expensive players in the league. During that shitful era after Kenny and before Blackburn became the big spenders, we spent as much as anyone.

We also broke the transfer record for Collymore, and when we signed Nigel Clough, he was one of the most expensive players in the league. During that shitful era after Kenny and before Blackburn became the big spenders, we spent as much as anyone.

Yes that's true. We did.

But Beardsley not only broke the transfer record, he was also the first time (I think?) that we spent over 1 million. That was a long time after lots of other clubs were doing so.

Also, we could do so because we had just sold Rush for over 3 million.

The original point was that when we were winning everything, we could do so because we were wealthier than others. That wasn't really true.

You are right that in the 90s we did spend more and we did break records a few times (Saunders broke the record too in '91) but it didn't really do us much good by that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom