• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Rumor Thread (NSFR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondon would be interesting. Think he'd do quite well in England, though not entirely sure if he's going to be top 4 material.

Rondon is very interesting. Progressed nicely at Zenit and scored a lot of goals. He'd do quite well in England as you say and is 25 years old compared to Bacca who is soon to be 29. I'd love to sign Bacca though but Rondon would do nicely aswell.

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech agrees personal terms with Arsenal [Sky Sports] - unfortunately,this is a great move for them.

Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic lands in Turin ahead of move to Juventus - Tevez replacement? or Llorente?

Tottenham Hotspur to take astonishing £15million loss on Galatasary target Roberto Soldado [Mirror] - almost as bad as Big Andy!

Manchester United set to bid £20million for Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng [Star]

Sergio Ramos wants to quit Real Madrid as Man United hover. Cristiano Ronaldo is also unhappy [AS] - story continues ... Something is definitely up there.

Another English player linked with us - Ben Gibson.

I saw him a few times on loan at Tranmere and he was very impressive at that level. Last season he became a regular at Middlesbro and continued to look impressive at the higher level.

It's actually hard to say what his positives/negatives are as he is just one of those "good defenders" who does everything well enough and rarely looks troubled. Not that he's gonna be as good..........but he kinds reminds me a bit of Carvalho or Steve Bruce in that he always seems to be in the right place, he's not flashy but is just good at defending.

It's hard to say whether or not he'd make the grade at the top end of the EPL but for the right price he might be worth a punt.

Not a rumour (the deal has been completed) but a reminder why free transfers are not 'free'.
[article=http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-paid-andre-ayew-9495180]Swansea City paid new striker Andre Ayew a huge £5.7m signing on fee to join the club, it has been reported in France.

Sports paper L’Équipe says that was the amount required to tempt the 25-year-old Ghana international to the Liberty Stadium after his contract ended at Marseille.

The Swans fought off varying levels of reported interest from the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, AC Milan, Roma, Newcastle and Bayer Leverkusen to land their man, with reports now suggesting an exact figure for the colossal golden handshake that finally helped them land their man.

It has already been stated that Ayew will become the highest-paid player at Swansea after penning a four-year contract worth around £50,000 a week in wages.

It remains unclear though if the Swans have actually stumped up signing on fee up front. WalesOnline understands there could be a payment structure in place to pay the sum in instalments.

That could mean on top of his basic £50,000-a-week salary, Ayew receives an additional payment as part of the signing-on fee of around £30,000, making his actual earnings in the region of £80,000-a-week during his time at the Welsh club.

Ayew scored 13 goals for Marseille in 35 matches in the French top flight last season, but allowed his contract with the club to run out.

After signing for Swansea. Ayew insisted the most important factor in him deciding to join the Swans had been the chance to work with manager Garry Monk.

“The most important person was the coach, Garry Monk,” said the striker.

“When I spoke to him, and also to the chairman, they gave me the feeling that I needed that I was ready to join. I felt the confidence from everybody and now it is up to me to do the job.

“I am going to do everything I can now to adapt, so that I am ready for the Premier League. I need to play and get used to things before the season starts.”[/article]

The blue text could explain why the high wages Milner was apparently offered.

Liverpool have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Alexandre Lacazette, after the striker’s agent admitted Lyon need to improve the new deal they have offered.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is thought to be keen on bringing the 24-year-old France international to Anfield in the summer transfer window.
Lacazette scored 31 goals in 38 games for Lyon last season, and according to his agent David Venditelli, was offered a renewed contract of £2.87million-a-year at the French outfit.
The club then announced that the deal would only increase from £2.76m to £3m if Lacazette is included in France’s Euro 2016 squad – Venditelli was, though, unaware of this fact.
Venditelli told Le Progres: ‘The figures divulged do not match those at the meeting that took place this week.
‘I don’t understand because the president announced on Friday morning that the salary was a minimum of £2.87m.
‘Do you think what the club is saying and their position on the numbers has been coherent in recent days?
‘Ultimatums and media pressure won’t change our demands, which OL are aware of.
‘The offers we’ve had from abroad are very significant in terms of finances, but they don’t give all the guarantees Alexandre will flourish with just a year to go till the Euros.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/22/liver...dre-lacazette-transfer-5257596/#ixzz3dpV7fYoR

Jonny Gould ‏@jonnygould 9h9 hours ago
#avfc: I'm told there's interest in Fabian Delph and Tim Sherwood WOULD sell him for £12m. That's what he'd accept.
Don't panic, I heard it correctly - but it's £12m plus a player coming in from the other club. #UTV
The deal is... Delph to #lfc with Borini in permanently and Ibe on loan - plus £12m. It's being discussed - but unlikely.
This came from a genuine phone call involving Tim Sherwood to an agent just now. I wouldn't BS you, #avfc peeps.

Aubameyang linked with a move to Arsenal by BILD.
CIKgwX5W8AApuWa.png

Borini plus Ibe on loan plus 12M, eh?

Well, I for one am reassured by the no bullshit disclaimer and believe it 100%.

[article=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3135196/Tiago-Ilori-offered-new-Liverpool-deal-chance-stake-claim-team-spot.html]'We talked last week about the future of Tiago,' the defender's father Kola Ilori told radio station Antena 1, as reported by Portuguese publication Maisfutebol.

'They say he will have a chance and will go on the pre-season tour of Thailand.'

Kola also revealed Sunderland had shown interest in signing the defender on loan.

'There are other clubs interested, like Sunderland, but Sunderland is a very cold city,' he added[/article]

Lacazette, Firmino, Illarramendi, Kovacic & Clyne for £105m'ish with us selling Sterling, Balotelli, Lucas & Lambert with an investment of £45m and I'd sign up to Oncey's Pride March.

Lacazette will want and need to play every week to force his way onto the French team for the up coming Euro's. Promise him the world and throw £££££ at him. I presume we have no chance though.

Quite. I don't see how the fact that he and his agent are trying to squeeze more money out of Lyon (lots of luck with that BTW) helps us specifically.

Lacazette is a serious non starter.
The other bunch would absolutely be the shit.

Need Illarramendi the most IMO. We're not going to replicate the Suarez-Sturridge brilliance in attack anytime in the near future. If we want to remain competitive without a world class attack, it's time we started sorting the spine.

No club in England has in recent memory been successful without a quality holding mid or enforcer. Desperately need someone who gives 8/10 in midfield every single day.

100% agree.
Illaramendi, Henderson and Milner instantly looks a really good 3.

Illaramendi holding with Henderson box to box and Milner picking passes.

Id really like that.
With Can, Lucas and Allen in there too its finally looking good if we can make that happen.

The thing is we actually have good options
Wide areas we have Ibe, Markovic, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho. I mean thats actually really good.

Up front Sturridge, Ings, Origi.......if you could be 100% sure that Sturridge would stay fit id be happy with that.

FB does look light to me. Clyne and a good LB would be great.

Pepe 'fatboy' Reina released from his contract at Bayern after 1 year. Looks like he's going back to Napoli.

Arda Turan wants to play in England.
[article]"His intention is to leave Spain this summer," Turan's agentAhmet Bulut told Spanish sports newspaper AS.

"His will is to leave and to play in the Premier League, that is the path he would like to take to continue his career.

"We are currently in talks with three teams but I cannot reveal the names of the clubs.

"However, I can tell you that they are the best in England and in European football."

Manchester United and Liverpool have been heavily linked with moves for the 28-year-old this summer, whilst Manchester City are eager to strengthen after seeing Chelsea take their Premier League crown. Jose Mourinho's Blues have also been linked as a possible destination in the past.

Turn, who has two years left on his contract, scored two goals and set up four more in 32 La Liga appearances to help Atletico finish third in the table last season.

As well as PSG, AC Milan have also been linked.

"It's true that Milan and PSG are two of the six teams that are interested in him," Bulut said.

"But the Italian team is not among our options because they will not play in the Champions League next season.

"PSG is a possibility although Arda always has the desire to play in England."[/article]

I still keep seeing the odd reference to his being a target for us.

Probably because of this:

"I want to play in major leagues and my dream team is Liverpool," the Turkey international revealed before leaving Galatasaray for Atletico in 2011.

"As I always mention, Liverpool attracts me because of their tradition.

"In Europe, I am a Liverpool supporter, so if I go to play in Europe, I would like to play for them."

Mundo Deportivo
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...sevilla-quiere-a-rami-y-el-milan-a-bacca.html
[article]According to Mundodeportivo.com, Sevilla have rejected a €25 million bid from Roma which was put forward by their sporting director Walter Sabatini.

Sevilla would reportedly be holding out for €30 million for the Colombian striker.

AC Milan are also interested in buying Bacca after they failed to sign his countryman Jackson Martinez.

The Rossoneri could use Adil Rami as part of the negotiations for Bacca, as the French defender is keen to move away from AC Milan.[/article]

Mundo Deportivo
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...sevilla-quiere-a-rami-y-el-milan-a-bacca.html
[article]According to Mundodeportivo.com, Sevilla have rejected a €25 million bid from Roma which was put forward by their sporting director Walter Sabatini.

Sevilla would reportedly be holding out for €30 million for the Colombian striker.

AC Milan are also interested in buying Bacca after they failed to sign his countryman Jackson Martinez.

The Rossoneri could use Adil Rami as part of the negotiations for Bacca, as the French defender is keen to move away from AC Milan.[/article]

Bacca has a release clause at 21,5 mill £ I think.

Sergio Ramos to Manure is picking up steam. AS is saying he's said he wants out b/c they won't pay him 10 million/year (euros).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom