• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is our 'interest''s based on his 'reputation'/past performances?

I think he's misusing the data by drawing a definite conclusion.

It's entirely possible Butland has been somewhat unlucky - wonder strikes, deflections etc could all explain the variance from xG.
You'd have to watch his games to figure that out.

I've never been a big fan of Butland and would be gutted if we spent £20m on him. Newcastle fans are very happy with their loanee Dubravka and are very keen to sign him up permanently (from Sparta Prague). They seem to think that they have a "loan with an option to buy" deal and the price is believed to be £5m! For that price we should be looking to see if we can steal him from them. He seems more than competent and would give the improving Karius competition.

Ideally I'd want Oblak but I doubt we are gonna spunk £50 on a goalkeeper

Butland is utter turd in fact all English keepers are. They all get hyped to Fuck and get found out.

Could it be that Butland looks awesome because he's playing for a shit team with a shit defence and is taking more shots to the face than a thai hooker?

Could it be that Butland looks awesome because he's playing for a shit team with a shit defence and is taking more shots to the face than a thai hooker?

It's really hard to gauge a goalkeeper's quality when they're in a rubbish team. We've seen that ourselves with the horrible purchase of Kirkland from a relegated Coventry side.

And I wouldn't even say that he's looked awesome, either.

It's really hard to gauge a goalkeeper's quality when they're in a rubbish team. We've seen that ourselves with the horrible purchase of Kirkland from a relegated Coventry side.

And I wouldn't even say that he's looked awesome, either.
Kirkland? He just looked like a good keeper.

Kirkland? He just looked like a good keeper.

I only saw him play once, at Anfield. He faced an onslaught and did make a few decent stops, even if they still lost 4-0.

That performance may have sealed the deal, but Christ, what a truly shit goalkeeper he was.

It's entirely possible Butland has been somewhat unlucky - wonder strikes, deflections etc could all explain the variance from xG.
I have absolutely no idea how xG works, but is it too much to expect that factors like wonder strikes and deflections are taken into account as to whether or not a G is x

Yeah Ming won player of the NE in whatever rag they voted in, between Newcastle and Sunderland fans the season we bought him.... presumably because he had more touches than anyone else in the two sides that year and looked pretty good.

Big game keepers need high levels of concentration because they might only get called on once a match, but when they do etc. It's easier to be a top shot stopper when the game whizzes by because someone is always shooting at you.

Deffo no to Butland. Be interesting to see how Ramses does tonight, he looks like a really agile shot-stopper of a keeper but I'm not convinced about his presence and distribution. (Disclaimer: all knowledge and experience of this keeper has been gleaned from Youtube and sites of a similar ilk.)

Watch Stoke? Fuck that.

I think Butland is an excellent keeper, totally underrated and we will be very lucky to score even one against him on Saturday

I have absolutely no idea how xG works, but is it too much to expect that factors like wonder strikes and deflections are taken into account as to whether or not a G is x

Yes, but one season of data isn't enough to draw any conclusions on.

If someone consistently outperforms or underperform xG over a few seasons.

Hart has been shite for ages, we don't need xG for him but whilst i've never understood the fuss over Butland the xG data for just this season doesn't tell us if he's shite or unlucky. I could take a guess but thats all it would be

Yes, but one season of data isn't enough to draw any conclusions on.

If someone consistently outperforms or underperform xG over a few seasons.

Hart has been shite for ages, we don't need xG for him but whilst i've never understood the fuss over Butland the xG data for just this season doesn't tell us if he's shite or unlucky. I could take a guess but thats all it would be
FUCK SAKE ROSS the match is on

Based on reading a few articles about the financial rewards of our run in the Champions League; it seems that we would have earned about £25m-£30m if we had been knocked out at the group stage..............if we win the cup we will get about £87m, as runners-up about £74m and if Roma knock us out about £64m. Hopefully this extra revenue will get us Oblak rather than Butland and still leave the transfer kitty in a healthy state.

Liverpool who have been monitoring the young Flamengo and Brazilian midfielder Reinier for some time now have started negotiations with the boy's family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom