• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Donkey

Honestly I think, Benteke played in a worse team and was pretty much on par with Nunez. Still got thrown out by Klopp like yesterday's garbage.

My Scum supporting friend said something interesting the other day, obviously taking the piss but he said, "what if you bought Kane instead of Nunez? You'd have won the league".

Different transfer windows, but he isn't wrong imo.
Remember Diego Forlan...? How good did he do at Man Utd..?
And how good did Roberto Firmino do at Liverpool under Rodgers..?
I will see how good Nunez does under a new manager/Coach

31 GAs is a flop? What does success look like? Yes, he fucks up a lot, yet, a few weeks ago everyone was singing his praises. Try to find a 31GA player in a top 5 league thats under 26 for less than £70m, you can't!
Not sure what the deleting of LFC images is about, if he is angling for a move, then he should be allowed to leave if the right offer comes in, and thats about £100m - the saudi clubs can pay that. Otherwise, he should ignore the noise, pull his socks up and prove he the doubters wrong.
He scored 11 goals in the league, when the fuck did we start adding assist and goals together to make a case for a striker?
No, he's not fucking Bobby, not even close!
Fucking Europa league goals and league cup assists, the stat padding cunt.
OK, sorry getting agitated here.

Remember Diego Forlan...? How good did he do at Man Utd..?
And how good did Roberto Firmino do at Liverpool under Rodgers..?
I will see how good Nunez does under a new manager/Coach
Are you comparing Rodgers with Klopp?
Firmino started playing for a better manager, someone who understood him.
Nunez isn't misunderstood, we understand him just fine. Missing chances has nothing to do with the system, not getting any chances...then you might be on to something

Are you comparing Rodgers with Klopp?
Firmino started playing for a better manager, someone who understood him.
Nunez isn't misunderstood, we understand him just fine. Missing chances has nothing to do with the system, not getting any chances...then you might be on to something
Yes If he had as many chances as Salah gets then I truely believe that his goal tally would be way higher

Hopefully Chelsea still want him.
31 GAs is a flop? What does success look like? Yes, he fucks up a lot, yet, a few weeks ago everyone was singing his praises. Try to find a 31GA player in a top 5 league thats under 26 for less than £70m, you can't!
Not sure what the deleting of LFC images is about, if he is angling for a move, then he should be allowed to leave if the right offer comes in, and thats about £100m - the saudi clubs can pay that. Otherwise, he should ignore the noise, pull his socks up and prove he the doubters wrong.
Define "everyone"

This whole he isn’t loved by the crowd or he’s disheartened is all a load of bollocks. Do you think Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez, Mane or Salah ever gave two fucks about the crowd? Or if they were a bit down? Nope. They were fucking ruthless.

This is our most expensive player ever. He’s never had the mentality to play for this club and never will.

We're in a thread called "The Donkey" filled with the loudest braying, and it's kindof representative of the opinion of Nunez.

His bosses joined and intentionally let it be known they never wanted him.

We've had a run of unbelievable strikers and it just may be that no one has the patience for this uncertain project anymore. If he does stay it could get toxic. I think he either needs to be the man, or he shouldn't be in the team, because I don't see him developing if playing infrequently.

This is our most expensive player ever. He’s never had the mentality to play for this club and never will.

The "most expensive player ever" argument is a little odd in football if one even lazily glances at a line graph of transfer fees.

Like, the gallon of milk I bought a year ago might have been the most expensive gallon of milk. It wasn't life changing.

Nunez gets ten times more love from the kop than salah does. I dunno why but it's true. Pick the bones out of them trufacts, Internet chums.

I think he will have a couple really good seasons somewhere, but probably not here. I don't really get why everyone seems to be angry at him in particular.

Other players, who are far more expensive to have in our side, haven't performed this season and were just as bad or worse at the critical time.

Then we have Gakpo who was totally off form for most of the season, Diaz who looked incredibly dangerous but produced little threat and converted even less than Nunez, and Jota who did the business, but worked part time.

Nunez just became the whipping boy precisely at the time when the collective disillusionment set in.

We never really figured out our forwards. They're all fine, but the bar is set at holy trinity.

It'll be sods law if we sell him to a rival he'll be great.

I'd rather he go abroad. Maybe Napoli will come in if osimhen goes

I don't think he has it in him.

The proposed offside changes might help him a little (although half the time his offside runs aren't even close), and any player can go on a run where their confidence is up and they score a few... even someone who's idea of finishing is blasting the ball straight at the keeper and hoping.

Players don't suddenly develop a good or even an average first touch half way through their career. Has there ever been a title challenging team with a striker with a touch that bad? The only one I can think of is Lukaku, who was very inconsistent.

I know a few on here think he makes good runs, but he constantly makes stupid decisions. For example, in one of the United games he played a one two with Harvey, and had ran offside before the ball even came to Harvey.

The typical forum response for this type of player is "stick him on the wing" (and we've been through this before with Cisse amongst others), as if he will magically get smarter and learn how to contribute more. And his speed and power will ensure he gets the odd game where he will be ok, but we need more than that.

I don't think he has it in him.

The proposed offside changes might help him a little (although half the time his offside runs aren't even close), and any player can go on a run where their confidence is up and they score a few... even someone who's idea of finishing is blasting the ball straight at the keeper and hoping.

Players don't suddenly develop a good or even an average first touch half way through their career. Has there ever been a title challenging team with a striker with a touch that bad? The only one I can think of is Lukaku, who was very inconsistent.

I know a few on here think he makes good runs, but he constantly makes stupid decisions. For example, in one of the United games he played a one two with Harvey, and had ran offside before the ball even came to Harvey.

The typical forum response for this type of player is "stick him on the wing" (and we've been through this before with Cisse amongst others), as if he will magically get smarter and learn how to contribute more. And his speed and power will ensure he gets the odd game where he will be ok, but we need more than that.

i'd rather him be a forlan than a sterling. Exile him if we must, but make it across the sea

yea rodgers rated him from his chelsea time or something. i remember people on here raving about his legs 😂

He's not as bad as his critics say he is.
He's not as good as his fanboys say he is.
He isn't as good or bad as selective stats suggest he is.
He gets love from the crowd because he mostly works his bollocks off.
But he isn't good enough for a team that wants to win the big prizes.
And if we don't get rid, we'll be arguing about it on here until the day we do.
The Uruguayan Lucas.

He'll score 20 a season at Atletico when we send him on loan next season, he'll come back the season after and be shite again

He scored 11 goals in the league, when the fuck did we start adding assist and goals together to make a case for a striker?
No, he's not fucking Bobby, not even close!
Fucking Europa league goals and league cup assists, the stat padding cunt.
OK, sorry getting agitated here.
Why wouldn't we? Assist shows he has more to his game than just scoring. Agent chaos is what we called him a few weeks ago.
Anyways it's not upto me to decide who plays in a future liverpool team, but if I had to choose a striker to lose, I'd rather lose Jota, Dias or Salah ahead of Nunez.

Back
Top Bottom