• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The January transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with that article Binny posted last page, this is our biggest chance in years to finish top 4 we're in a fantastic posistion credit to the team for that but we must strengthen. 15 first team players training for a team with top 4 ambitions is not good enough, even if we recall some of the players we have out on loan we're still thin. One good solid midfielder like Fernando or M'Villa, a good full back + recalling Assaidi Borini and Suso and we're not looking bad at all. I just can't help feeling like we're dragging our feet and taking our posistion for granted it will catch up to us. If we don't strengthen and lose out on top 4 Suarez will be gone and I wont blame him! I'd just sack Ian Ayre the tool.

How is he back in the premier league? He wasn't good for us, dropped down a division and has not exactly set the world alight and yet Swansea take him back to the EPL....................they're doomed.

6 month contract cos Michu is injured. I can see him scoring more goals than Aspas!

6 month contract cos Michu is injured. I can see him scoring more goals than Aspas!
It's a tough call but given a choice of hanging onto Aspas of getting N'Gog back I'd stick with Aspas, he still has a remote chance of proving useful at this level whereas N'Gog hasn't even proved particularly good at Championship level.

Rodgers in January 2012:

"We have a very, very small squad. A very thin squad”.

Rodgers in January 2014:

" We have a very thin squad".

He just isn't getting the support he needs for a push at the top four. Two years and it's the same problem.

Rodgers in January 2012:

Rodgers in January 2014:

He just isn't getting the support he needs for a push at the top four. Two years and it's the same problem.

I said this a little while ago and got jumped on by someone here, but if we're not going to be in a position whereby we can spend the money required on established players good enough to get us into the top four, then we need to have an alternative strategy, and I'm not convinced we do have one. I did think that the Coutinho and Sturridge signings would be indicative of the sort of players we'd be going for in the future - young, underused by their club, with raw potential, but since then the only players we've signed who fit any parts of that profile are Alberto, Ilori and Mingolet, with the caveat that none of them ticked all three boxes as they were all being played regularly.

We may well have an alternative plan - I'm certainly not party to the club's strategic planning - but I am worried that we don't, and that's manifesting itself in us getting into the habit of being gazumped by other clubs.

Rodgers in January 2012:

Rodgers in January 2014:

Yeah. Fair enough some of his signings haven't worked out but we do need an injection of capital to build up the squad.

It was a bit gutting to miss out on Europe altogether last season but in retrospect it was a real blessing. We'd be fucked if we had to contend with the Europa League this season.

... And there you have it... Our master plan for getting a serious financial injections to rebuild the team.

Get Suarez on a contract with a massive buyout fee & wait for a World Cup year when crazy money be on the cards - then sell him for a new world record fee.

Hurrah.

Rodgers in January 2012:

Rodgers in January 2014:

He spent more than 100m in the middle of those two comments.

That's on him

Rodgers in January 2012:

Rodgers in January 2014:

I wish we would recall Wisdom

All the Rawkites on Twitter are going mad at no signings. Am I the only one who thinks that whilst its not ideal, its hard doom and gloom?

I'm probably quiffing here but Sky Sports says we're trying to sign Tom Ince.

If true I'd be disgusted, he's not good enough, plays in an area that isn't a priority to strengthen and if he does develop will probably see his contract out so he can avoid a transfer fee. All the time diverting attention away from the positions we DESPERATELY need to reinforce. We know it's not easy to get targets in the Jan window but ffs Tom fucking Ince please no!

All the Rawkites on Twitter are going mad at no signings. Am I the only one who thinks that whilst its not ideal, its hard doom and gloom?

The problem is the injuries over the last month - males it tough.

Rodgers in January 2012:

Rodgers in January 2014:

When is the 1st quote from? He only got here June 2012

When is the 1st quote from? He only got here June 2012

Sorry, I meant June 2012. It became 'a wafer thin squad' later that season. Rosco certainly has a decent point but my concern mainly is that, whatever has been the root of the problem, this talk has to end soon and we must be seen to be moving on. To go through four transfer windows and still be talking about thin squads and the importance of the academy is really not a sign of a club that is being governed properly.

I'm not sure what the point is ?

well he's sold a lot of players and replaced them as you kinda have to do.

Yeah he's spent a lot but he's not spent all that much considering how much we've sold and their high wages

well he's sold a lot of players and replaced them as you kinda have to do.

Yeah he's spent a lot but he's not spent all that much considering how much we've sold and their high wages

But the problem is he doesn't trust most of the people he signed, hence why he's still moaning about having a thin squad.

It's a problem of his own making

He spent more than 100m in the middle of those two comments.

That's on him

Fucking hell Ross, I'd have thought you'd have worked out net spend by now.

Also, the wage bill is very relevant when you look at the massive amount he's needed to bring it down by. It's nigh on impossible to sign top class players on the wages they demand & get strength in depth whilst cutting the wage bill so dramatically.

Yea, you're right but it gets less and less ideal the more those around us strengthen. That's probably what prompts a lot of complaints.

Fucking hell Ross, I'd have thought you'd have worked out net spend by now.

Also, the wage bill is very relevant when you look at the massive amount he's needed to bring it down by. It's nigh on impossible to sign top class players on the wages they demand & get strength in depth whilst cutting the wage bill so dramatically.

There is little evidence our wage bill has dropped at all, never mind dramatically. We won't have any payoffs to staff in the next set of accounts meaning we're 9m better off but I doubt we've reduced it much further than that.

Net spend is not relevant to determining whether the a manager has done a good job with recruitment. (and Rodgers has had a decent net spend anyway)

If you've wasted 10m it doesn't fucking matter how it was raised you've still wasted it.

I agree.

Net spend means fuck all, and is often a shield for poor transfer business

But that's for another manager..... I mean day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom