• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The January transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. Thought as much.

Do you have to eat rotten fish too BTW? ;)
Surstromming - a Swedish delicatesse - is exactly that. And I do believe it's probably the worst food in the age of man. Ever.

The smell alone makes you want to declare war on Sweden. And the taste. a bit like rotten, old cheese combined with rotten fish and I believe, death.

Where's Modo btw?

*Prepares food related slapathon*

adolf-hitler-brazilian-lover-455810.jpg

Yup, that's Hitler. The clarity of the image has him bang to rights, and then the black girlfriend is a giveaway.

@CarinaAnders: Russian media now report that #LFC has offered £7m for #Romulo Borges, which Spartak rejected. They would reluctantly sell for £10m

The Romulo link is very disturbing. I have no idea what kind of a player he is, but I would question the wisdom of signing Messi if he'd torn all three knee ligaments twice in 18 months. That's career ending.

There's quite an interesting discussion about transfers on Sky Sports 1 at the moment.. Apparently Demba Ba used six separate agents, simultaneously, for his move to Chelski.

Liverpool have joined the chase for Nottingham Forest duo Jamaal Lascelles + Karl Darlow after watching the pair on Friday

Pete O'Rourke, twatter
I haven't seen much of Lascelles recently although I know the Forest fans rate him highly. Last season he looked very talented but made too many mistakes but he was only 19 at the time and I'm sure he's improved now he's a regular in the team.

Darlow has impressed me every time I've seen him. I was against us signing Butland and I'm glad we dodged that bullet; he's still only 3rd choice at Stoke behind Begovic and Sorenson and he still makes too many impetuous and costly decisions. Darlow is a lot more composed and doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses to his game. When I first saw a very young Joe Hart play for Shrewsbury what impressed me most was the calming effect he had on his defence, he seemed so in control of his penalty area that he gave the whole defence an air of security....and Darlow has a similar effect on the Forest defence. He reminds me a bit of Ray Clemence in that he makes goalkeeping seem easy, he doesn't go for the spectacular if he can avoid it.

I've never understood our goalkeeper selction process; ever since the Dudek/Kirkland debacle. When Reina was at his peak we signed a myriad of shite young keepers; I regularly suggested we got rid of 'em all and signed an old head (like Jasskelinen or Speroni) as back up to Pepe.

Like most of us, I'm not totally convinced by Mignolet yet and think he needs a real challenge AND we need a better back up keeper than Brad Jones. Darlow could be worth a punt and it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him and he became our No.1 very quickly.

I haven't seen much of Lascelles recently although I know the Forest fans rate him highly. Last season he looked very talented but made too many mistakes but he was only 19 at the time and I'm sure he's improved now he's a regular in the team.

Darlow has impressed me every time I've seen him. I was against us signing Butland and I'm glad we dodged that bullet; he's still only 3rd choice at Stoke behind Begovic and Sorenson and he still makes too many impetuous and costly decisions. Darlow is a lot more composed and doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses to his game. When I first saw a very young Joe Hart play for Shrewsbury what impressed me most was the calming effect he had on his defence, he seemed so in control of his penalty area that he gave the whole defence an air of security....and Darlow has a similar effect on the Forest defence. He reminds me a bit of Ray Clemence in that he makes goalkeeping seem easy, he doesn't go for the spectacular if he can avoid it.

I've never understood our goalkeeper selction process; ever since the Dudek/Kirkland debacle. When Reina was at his peak we signed a myriad of shite young keepers; I regularly suggested we got rid of 'em all and signed an old head (like Jasskelinen or Speroni) as back up to Pepe.

Like most of us, I'm not totally convinced by Mignolet yet and think he needs a real challenge AND we need a better back up keeper than Brad Jones. Darlow could be worth a punt and it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him and he became our No.1 very quickly.

Interesting post Pesam, cheers.

Can I ask what you reckon about Schmeichel Jr.'s potential? I never get to see Championship games anymore, why I have no real indication of his true level apart from articles and reviews here and there and the odd Int. friendly for Denmark. Would appreciate your take on him if you have seen him play this Season.

Will cabaye going to psg mean one of their very talented youngsters who can't get a game (a la Coutinho) be available?

Interesting post Pesam, cheers.

Can I ask what you reckon about Schmeichel Jr.'s potential? I never get to see Championship games anymore, why I have no real indication of his true level apart from articles and reviews here and there and the odd Int. friendly for Denmark. Would appreciate your take on him if you have seen him play this Season.
I'm not sure it's "potential" anymore KHL as he's 27 now and is probably the finished article. As a shot stopper he is almost as good as his Dad and he is superb at coming off his line quickly and making the goal look small for an on-rushing forward. What lets him down a bit is his handling, it's not terrible but doesn't compare with the rest of his game. IMO he's easily good enough for the Premier league but the price being quoted for him £4m is about right as he's not, and never will be, world class.

I'm not sure it's "potential" anymore KHL as he's 27 now and is probably the finished article. As a shot stopper he is almost as good as his Dad and he is superb at coming off his line quickly and making the goal look small for an on-rushing forward. What lets him down a bit is his handling, it's not terrible but doesn't compare with the rest of his game. IMO he's easily good enough for the Premier league but the price being quoted for him £4m is about right as he's not, and never will be, world class.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

From what I have seen off him little as it may be I think you are spot on really. Yeah he's no spring chicken either, I often reckon goalies have a different cycle than your normal outfield players though. If I am not mistaken his dad was about his age when he moved from Denmark to England with United. But yeah he's probably more or less the finished article by now. Dodgy rumors that he'll soon replace Lindegaard on the bench in United over here. Would be weird on many levels but we'll see.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

From what I have seen off him little as it may be I think you are spot on really. Yeah he's no spring chicken either, I often reckon goalies have a different cycle than your normal outfield players though. If I am not mistaken his dad was about his age when he moved from Denmark to England with United. But yeah he's probably more or less the finished article by now. Dodgy rumors that he'll soon replace Lindegaard on the bench in United over here. Would be weird on many levels but we'll see.

Forget about Casper.
why aren't you developing your own players at KHL X1 @the_khl

Koh Samui Thailand atm. Kuala Lumpur next

Heh...right.

I used to dabble (well I had a failed attempt - awful solicitors cost me 6 sales) in Phuket real estate (selling to Chinese) and knew a few Swedish developers - they told me that the stats show 10% of Sweden winters in Thailand ! At that time (5-6 years ago) there were 53 flights a week from Goteborg to Phuket.

I used to dabble (well I had a failed attempt - awful solicitors cost me 6 sales) in Phuket real estate (selling to Chinese) and knew a few Swedish developers - they told me that the stats show 10% of Sweden winters in Thailand ! At that time (5-6 years ago) there were 53 flights a week from Goteborg to Phuket.
Doesn't surprise me. I've met tons of swedes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom