• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 'Keep SCM Alive' Thread 2016

Erm, @RedNinja?

This thread is turning into a great example of how lost the rest of us are in regards actually making this site work. I haven't a fucking clue.
About 25gb a month

If a lot of the hosted content that we post was on our servers it would be a helluva a lot more.

We have bandwidth availability upto 2TB if we need it..

As you can see, we don't.. [emoji41]

I would like to donate but off on hols. Any reason why you can't keep it open for donations indefinitely?

it's just brilliant that this gets done every time it's needed.

it says a lot about this wee strange community we have here.

It must be 10 years this month is it?

Strange that some con artist called Dunk helped spawn such a good thing (sheds tear).

I think the proprietors could learn a few lessons from Dunk. He extracted money from the punters (not me) with tear-jerking hard-luck stories. I remember one successful campaign involved a female relative who had contracted some kind of sepsis after having her navel pierced. The medical repercussions resulted in her parents falling behind with their mortgage payments. Dunk's acolytes chipped in enthusiastically to pay the mortgage.

Because we don't want to been seen to be taking the piss I guess..
Well you're not. This site is brilliant and it deserves to be kept going. Posters, with far more eloquence than me, has put it better but you get my point.

As always timing is everything so if it's kept open so posters can contribute whenever they have the time or the funds then everyone gets a chance to do so. It also means you can access funds whenever you need it rather than rushing everyone to help out when you're close to the expiry date.

Consider it like saving 10% of your salary a month to build up your savings for a big spend.

I've got 25 shiny golden coins here for you chaps but I'm fucked if I'm using PayPal (don't ask).

Is there another way to donate?

Nah, still the same PayPal site I'm afraid and I can't use it (still don't ask).

Looks like it'll have to be Woland's suggestion then. I'll pay 30 quid for that!

You don't need to login.. It allows you to pay by card to Paypal without signing in to your account

He made this woman pregnant and she's looking for him.

paypal-fast-simple-and-secure.jpg

Sent on a few pound there. I did it without logging into Paypal but there was no gift or gift option that ye are talking about above!!

Thanks for all your work.

I think "gift" options only apply if the payment is to a registered charity?

I'm assuming we are talking about the tax benefit to the recipient.

So we now have 3 years and 2 months and 11 Days left on the Hosting environment..

Xenforo Licences runs out now in October 25th 2018... Bought 2 years.. I will be extending them when closer to the time and purchasing one or two enhancments. (watch this space)

Domains renewed for a further 3 years taking them to end of 2020 for the main domains and the end of 2019 for the 2 new ones. ShoutyGraham bought for only 12 months

www.sixcm.co.uk
Www.sixcrazydev.co.uk (for Dev element will be used for initial migration)
Www.sixcrazyminutes.co.uk
www.sixcrazyminutes.com
Www.shoutygraham.co.uk

£120 in the kitty, so I will be closing donations after the weekend

Thanks to all the donations so far.. you are all a bit Special.. :D.. Such an overwhelming response

Last edited:
So we now have 3 years and 2 months and 11 Days left on the Hosting environment..

Xenforo Licences runs out now in October 25th 2018... Bought 2 years.. I will be extending them when closer to the time and purchasing one or two enhancments. (watch this space)

Domains renewed for a further 3 years taking them to end of 2020 for the main domains and the end of 2019 for the 2 new ones. ShoutyGraham bought for only 12 months

www.sixcm.co.uk
Www.sixcrazydev.co.uk (for Dev element will be used for initial migration)
Www.sixcrazyminutes.co.uk
www.sixcrazyminutes.com
Www.shoutygraham.co.uk

£120 in the kitty, so I will be closing donations after the weekend

Thanks to all the donations so far.. you are all a bit Special.. :D.. Such an overwhelming response

What do we do in 3 years, when BrendanJ has run everyone out of town, and there's just him and Ryan left on the boards to make donations? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom