• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

We need to talk!

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
So ... Jono has got the forum back on track but we need to decide what route to take from here.

The cloud hosting service, server admin and forum software maintenance need to have a proper team to manage, we can't keep asking one (brilliant0 person

• The site is not secure
  • THe servers are not configured for good maintenance
  • The forum software is out of date
If we want to stay on this forum we need to do a fair bit of techie upgrading and sorting followed by performing a forum upgrade. All of which is risky, will take time and will probably increase our monthly hosting costs

So ... what to do?

I wish I could help, I'm a programmer but this isn't my area of expertise.

Can someone add me to the admin area please? Jono says he's shared stuff in threads there.

I'm off to bed - knackered! Can't keep pace with Jono!!!

I'll ask my lifelong best mate in the UK. He runs the IT and does all the programming for a company that offers programming services. Not sure if he'd have the time / want to do it / is his area of expertise. But I'll ask.

Last edited:
Otherwise you might just need to hire someone from Fiverr to handle it. It's not like there's anything of interest to a hacker or anything to steal. Just make a backup and pay after the work's completed.

My mate is at work at the moment but he asked (re. SQL which is where the issue seems to be according to Is it Down - image below from last night) :

1. Can look at it later today, have you got any error messages I can see?
2. Have there been any changes to the database?

Screenshot-2023-12-22-at-14-59-12.png

Last edited:
I'm almost certain my SQL knowledge is far too basic for what is required unfortunately.

If I had a look at it, it'll blow my mind.

Back
Top Bottom